Centerstate Bank Employee Reviews

Challenging Career
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST/PROFESSIONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Belleview, FLSeptember 12, 2018
challenging career within the financial institution. rewards with productivity and sales. Did not want to further my career within sales as opposed to customer service
Pros
Good benefits and hours
Cons
Low Salary
Growing Company
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLDecember 9, 2018
Well managed company with extensive growth opportunities. Wide geographical reach with plans for continued expansion. Hands on management and supervision.
Professional work environment. Team work is essential to the growth and performance of the branch.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, FLAugust 21, 2018
Working with CenterState Bank requires you to treat every customer with a calm and professional manner. I enjoyed the interaction with the customer and always staying busy. There was always something new to learn and many ways to advance your career.
Pros
Working as a team
Cons
The amount of turn over in the branch I worked at.
Productive and great place to work
Assistant Banking Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 22, 2017
Typical day includes continuous customer interactions, resolving account issues, creating referrals to other lines of business, performing compliance audits, and other daily functions of the job. Management is always willing to help and mentor. The culture is family-like and the relationships you build are incredible.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
difficult areas for business
Great
Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 14, 2018
I loved centerstate bank. i worked at the operations center and i was excited for work every day. Great atmosphere and a great place to work. Seems like everyone is where they are supposed to be.
Pros
computer based
Friendly
Bank Teller/Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2018
Loved working there. Managers and co-workers were great to work with. Super friendly. Some branches worked as a team. Customers can be challenging at times.
Pros
free lunches special functions
Cons
When you are busy you are real busy
Great place to work in Central Fl
Ambassador/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 11, 2018
I started working at CenterState bank when I lived in central Florida. I then moved to south Florida where they had acquired another bank and it was terrible.
Not recommended
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 21, 2018
Unable to speak with anyone for guidance, had to use their ticketing system to email for help. Manuals do not provide sufficient details to complete tasks. Management isn't evaluated-they can perform any personal tasks they wish throughout the day and leave the rest of the office to try and handle the work flow. Management also shows favoritism towards friends hired through the employee referral program allowing the friends to do things others cannot.
Productive and fun workplace
Teller Supervisor/Head Teller (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 5, 2018
Great job with great people. The management takes a true interest in their employees. They have a great training program and their system is very user friendly.
Pros
Great Job
Cons
Will not give my Domestic Partner health care coverage.
5 Months of Merger
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLApril 16, 2018
Jefferson Bank was merged with Harbor Community Bank on Julay 31, 2018. My work with Harbor included transitioning the Jefferson Bank employees to the Harbor benefit and payroll systems.
Pros
challenging
Cons
Sad to see a bank you helped grow and develop be merged.
Change
Residential Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 29, 2018
Bank undergoing mergers taking on more branches. Change of course is part of that which I feel they have done a good job managing the changes that go with it.
Great staff
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLMarch 10, 2018
Enjoyed my time at Center State. Outstanding company to work for and the work environment was a cohesive fun place to work. I would love to work for them again one day.
Pros
Outstanding branch manager and co-workers.
Cons
Would prefer a 45 minute lunch vs a 30 minute lunch.
Great entry level career
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLMay 18, 2016
Company was great to work for before there was a management change. Perfect entry level position for someone who is looking to pursue a career in the financial aspects field.
Professional and caring work environment
International Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2016
This was by far the best company I ever had the pleasure of working for. Superiors genuinely cared for the employees as well as customers. My experience was filled with professionalism coupled with honesty and integrity. I was extremely sad to have to leave this company. The only reason I did was due to being put on bedrest in the early stages of my pregnancy and then being forced to move back to my hometown as I was unable to properly care for myself without my personal physician.
I enjoyed learning new things daily about foreign currencies and exchange rates as well as how international banks did business transactions.
The most difficult aspect of this job was keeping up with different country exchange rates and banking policies for each individual region.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits as well as friendly coworkers
Cons
Not very much room for advancement with limited positions
Terrible leadership and even worse enviroment
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLOctober 4, 2017
The typical day working at Center State Bank would make just about anyone want to pull all of their hair out. The management there is the worst, do yourself a favor and stay away!
Small Bank growing into Big one
Sr. Vice President (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLAugust 15, 2017
Community Bank growing into larger regional bank; typical growth goals and objectives. Local management continues to try and keep local freedoms and tries to come across as "local and small and customer focused"' but in reality to need to hit profit objectives creates a "big bank" mentality.
Pros
well respected company; tries to be locally run
Cons
big bank mentality becoming more common
Job loads need to be examined by management following multiple mergers
Loan Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 11, 2017
For those that have been with the company a long period of time, the atmosphere seems great. For newer people it is a little alienating. Did not find much room for promotion due to number of people with longer history with the company.
Pros
Stock purchase options
Cons
Healthcare is expensive and very high deductible.
Growing company with a hometown feel
Commercial Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLDecember 8, 2016
Centerstate is a great place to work for those who are look to advance with a fast growing company but still want to avoid the big time corporate feel you get at other banks. I was fortunate to work with a great local leader.
Pros
Advancment Culture
Cons
Still growing. Alot of programs are still being developed
Learned a lot of skills and attributes in the financial service industry.
Professional Teller (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 7, 2013
Enjoyable company to work for just no career advancement or opportunity to climb up the corporate ladder.
Growing company, but its no prepared for its own growth
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJanuary 5, 2017
I have been at this company close to 8 years and have seen it grow, but have not seen any advancement opportunity for the general employees. Training is lacking for new an existing employees. Nepotism is at its best in this company, tell me who you know and I will tell you if you can advance.
There are many great people who are talented and do their jobs well but are not appreciated.
Pros
Great hours, many new locations
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities, not enough training, nepotism