Centerstone Employee Reviews

Great company to work with for flexibility!
DIVERSION COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJune 24, 2019
Centerstone is such a great place to work. The inability to obtain overtime is an area that I see as an opportunity for improvement. Their CEO was a pleasure to work with and their flexibility on hours were both wonderful benefits to working with this company.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Couldn’t make OT
Good work environment
DSD Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 22, 2019
Great people from the vice president down. Lots and lots of documentation standards and it seems policies and regulations are always changing, but I feel like that is just Social Service field in general. Flexible work schedule and good work-life balance at my site. I've gotten several raises but I've had to ask for all of them. Worked here 10 years with many opportunities for advancement if willing to move sites. Wear and tear on car.
my Review
Payment Posting/BIT Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 21, 2019
Great place to work. Everyone is nice and willing to help. From chief officers down, every one will jump in and do a job. I have grown so much in this company.
People motivated
Resource parent (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJune 19, 2019
Center stone truly does care about the children and family's they work with. They are more than willing to help each other out and is very team oriented
This place needs to shut down
Support Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Southern IndianaJune 18, 2019
This company is ran poorly. Small office that allows insurance fraud and young supervisors dont care and dont do their jobs! The pay is bad for employees who work hard and pay is good for upper management who does nothing. and you are treated terrible by supervisors and upper management. They DONOT CARE about clients its just money they care about and they dont care how you make it for them. They treat clients like a number not humans. Only apply here if you dont have any values or morals you will fit right in. The only good thing about working here is you can go outside and smoke every hour for 15 minutes at a time and dont get in trouble-glad I'm a smoker so I can have extra breaks that's a plus!
Recovery Coach/Family Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, INJune 18, 2019
These were very caring people to work for. The whole hiring process took a very long time because of having to wait for the DCS background check. I wasn't there for long due to personal reasons not relating to the company.
Little room for advancement and no pay is insulting
Executive Business Professional (Former Employee) –  600 S Preston StJune 17, 2019
Nearly 10 years with the company and only MAYBE 60¢ increase in pay that whole time! Quality of care of clients is no longer priority and it shows. Benefits are almost non existent and expectations for certain positions are beyond unrealistic.
Enjoyed working at Centerstone
Adult Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNJune 16, 2019
I enjoyed scheduling clients daily and seeing clients on a daily basis. My clients came from many different backgrounds and had many issues to be resolved with therapy and medications and also case management assistance daily.
Pros
I enjoyed having freedom to make my own schedule daily.
Cons
Heavy case loads.
Loved working with the girls.
Assistant Counselor (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 15, 2019
I learned a lot and had to come over a lot working there. I would work there again. It forced me out of my comfort zone as far as speaking to others and interacting with people. I worked a lot and never got tired. The hardest part of the job was having to explain all of my actions to upper management, the girls would lie sometimes and they would question me, i didn't mind. I just thought they should have been more professional about the way they did somethings. An example is sometimes instead of calling to work out a situation, they would text. The most enjoyable part was the girls, they still were young enough to be influenced the right way, therefore if i could reach one person I was happy.
Great place to interview with
Emergency Crisis Counselor (Current Employee) –  Carterville, ILJune 13, 2019
Lot's of jobs on hold due to the budget at this time. Good place to work for, Great co-workers. 8 hour shifts. I have learned a great deal about mental health while there. Managements has changed often. Some due to pay cuts/budget cuts (budget crisis). Hardest part is seeing clients who do not want to change. Most enjoyable part is my co-workers and when I see successful clients in the community.
Good Management
WRAPAROUND FACILITATOR (Current Employee) –  IndianaJune 13, 2019
Management is good at communicating their feedback in a positive way. Management encourages growth and learning. You're able to make your own schedule.
Centerstone
Master Level Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJune 12, 2019
Working at Centerstone has taught me how to be a great therapist. I work with a great team of counselors as well as a wonderful supervisor. I have been able to accrue half of my supervision hours towards my license.
Overall a great place to work if you live close by.
Managed Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  IndianaJune 12, 2019
The people are amazing but employees are underpaid and unappreciated. As a whole it was great for me as far as not being micromanaged and being able to work from home when necessary!
Looks can be decieving
Office Professional (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJune 11, 2019
A typical day at works is usually overwhelming. Too many problems with this company and not enough solutions. Management is fully aware of the low paying jobs they offer but that doesn't stop them from expecting twice as much from you on a day to day basis. This company will constantly ask you what they can do better but will disregard your suggestions as well as your desire to help implement change.

The only tolerable aspect of this company is the fact that the people that work there really do want to help people. office morale was always extremely low with exceptionally high turnover rates. So unless you enjoy being hired on with little to no training, thrown to the wolves, and then reprimanded for trying your best. My suggestion is you apply elsewhere.
Pros
Decent amount of PTO, Paid holidays
Responsive to needs
Psychotherapist (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FL 34205June 7, 2019
Good working environment. Great learning experience working at the Sarasota County Dept. Of Health. My manager is thorough, technologically up to date, and professional, There is a lot of independence, I leaned many things about treating the low-income working class, various ethnic groups and cultures, a typical day is seeing patient's for psychotherapy, working with primary care physicians, case managers, nurses
The motto is, “No one left behind”
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Estill Springs, TNJune 5, 2019
As a community mental health center the client also is eclectic. As a therapist I would have various ages, genders, diagnosis and treatment approaches throughout the day. The day might include group, couples or individual therapy sessions and might also include some addictions therapy. The clients can range in age from 5 to 95 and sessions can be 30 to 60 minutes in length. The main benefit of working in community mental health is that it offers a team approach. The client can see their doctor/nurse practitioners, their case manager and their therapist in one visit. The most difficult part of the job was finding enough open hours to the the many people requesting appointments and keeping up with the documentation for each clients sessions.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Over scheduling
Morale was poor!
Marriage Family Therapy Associate (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJune 2, 2019
Could not be myself because of all the complaints from the liberals. They were Offended by what was in some of the offices, didnt feel comfortable with pictures on desks because it triggered memories? What? However, it didnt matter that some of us were offended by their points of views because it's important to be PC all of the time. So to heck with what my thoughts and feelings are because this voice is louder because they're playing the "socialist" card.
Pros
I could leave for lunch sometimes
Cons
Health plan sucked
no growth opportunity
Wellness Recovery Clinician (Current Employee) –  West Frankfort, ILJune 2, 2019
No room for advancement here. Pay is very low and it is only a numbers game with the company. I really like my clients. I feel so sorry for them. the company gives incentive bonus then takes them away. It is very disheartening.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no room for advancement and low pay
Nice work environment. Friendly co-workers!
Patient Care Coordinator, Bulitt County (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJune 1, 2019
I have been working for Centerstone for four months. It has been a great experience being apart of the Sheperdsville clinic. Very nice people. Enjoyed working with the clients!
Pros
nice facility, great co workers.
Cons
Short breaks, low pay for position
Poor benefits, high stress, low staff, no support , SUPER LOW WAGES WITH NO RAISES
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 1, 2019
I've worked at this company for approximately 10 years. I've changed my title within the company on 3 separate occasions just to attempt to get a pay increase. There are no incentives or regular raises. Staffing is low while productivity stays high. Pros: flexibility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centerstone. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight