Centerstone
Happiness rating is 57 out of 100

Centerstone Employee Reviews

Centerstone insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Pay is terrible, extensive hiring process, lack of care for clients

The pay is terrible. They hire a lot of employees with no education or experience. No personal days you can't get PTO when you leave. They do offer advancement but they are so slow with hiring you can't wait on the process.

Pros

Job advancement

Cons

Pay, bonuses, hiring process

Great job if you love case management

Good company, with good supervisors but pay doesn't allow one to purchase health insurance. One will learn plenty and there is plenty of great training to help you do a great job. Pay needs to increase.

Pros

Some Flexibility

Cons

health insurance not affordable

Overall a good starting point

Great place to start as a young college graduate. Benefits are good but pay is lacking. My role was within a grant, so there wasn't a clear path for me after the grant ended, however, I'm sure they would have worked with me to find a position within the organization.

This is a good place to acquire education without having to pay for it.

Perhaps because of COVID, most managers have retreated into the shadows--like they have at many other companies--as a management presence is virtually non-existent at my work location. Speaking as one who does not need to be micromanaged, I probably do much better in this environment than those who expect guidance from administration.

Pros

Flexible work schedule to a large degree

Cons

Low base pay and bonuses which are very difficult to attain.

It's an okay job if you are comfortable about speaking up and have a very thick skin.

Overall, Centerstone is a great company insofar as they do alot for the clients. As for how the staff is treated, managers get promoted but that doesn't mean they know how to be managers. There is a lot of gossip and bullying to upper management which makes employees look bad. Salary is not the greatest and some grant managers, even though they have a degree in social work, do not know how to be empathetic with their employees. I've been bullied, and talked down to and most of this is because I'm highly qualified and I believe make them look bad. But that is my guess. When I gave notice, it didn't even seem to matter why I gave notice and I didn't even get an exit interview.

Pros

flexible with taking time off and many employees bring their kids to work

Cons

salary, bullying, untrained managers

A great place to start

Centerstone is a great place to start when entering the mental health and substance abuse community. Plenty of knowledge people but advancement is difficult to achieve unfortunately.

Pros

Very helpful co workers

Cons

Lack of staff

Learning skills and Lack of Appreciation

If you’re not licensed and need to work till you get licensed this is the place to be. If you’re licensed, look elsewhere. Low pay, fee for service pay plan, company only worried about your productivity.

Pros

Office

Cons

Overbooked scheduling

Turnover

Can't keep staff - losing good therapists left and right due to how poorly they are treated by upper management. Pay is horrible. Expectations are high and support is low. High caseloads. Therapists are the backbone of the agency but are treated as replaceable and repeatedly taken advantage of.

Pros

The clients and co-workers

Cons

Poverty wages

Focus here is on productivity

Productivity is the way a mental health center turns clients into dollars, and treatment into an assembly line. This translates into how much you might be paid. Mind you, this is the standard of mental health centers. Some do it well and in an organized, understandable and reasonable fashion. Here, it seems that if you wait 6 months, everything will change again.

Pros

There are good people who work here

Cons

Don't do it for the sake of the money

I worked in different positions

Centerstone Behavioral Health Victim Services I had amazing supervisors and mangers. My experience was actually pretty amazing! My knowledge definitely grew thanks to all the training provided.

Pros

Long term employment

Cons

Work life balance is difficult

Jobs at Centerstone

See more jobs

Not horrible but not great.

It’s a decent place to work, but caseloads are generally too large and pay is too little, Also they don’t support medical freedom as they are mandating the Covid 19 Vaccine.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Poor pay, can be stressful, mandating COVID 19 vaccine

Poor work/life balance and pay

The mission of Centerstone is great, however they lack work/life balance for employees. Staff burn out and this leads to constant employee turnover. The turnover negatively impacts the services being provided to clients; as their providers are constantly changing. Employees are underpaid and overworked. Management stresses the importance of work/life balance, however does little to help their staff achieve this due to productivity goals and staff shortages.

Pros

There are good people who work there

Cons

Pay, workload

Rewarding Position

I love my coworkers and my clients. However, the work/life balance doesn’t exist. They expect way too much for very little compensation. They are also forcing their employees to take the vaccine or be fired. Which is extremely discouraging. They are going to lose a lot of good people, including myself.

Pros

Working with kids, Co-workers, School Administration, Flexibility

Cons

Pay, Benefits, Lack of Growth, Required Vaccine

Poor supervision and hostile to work/life balance

After working for Centerstone for two years, I was denied PTO/flex time to attend a scheduled doctor's appointment. I advised my supervisor that I needed to attend the appointment as it was necessary for my health and well being--my employment was terminated that day.

Don’t do it!

Just don’t waste your time. It’s not worth it. Low pay tons of paperwork and benefits are horrible. Low pay for mileage while transporting psychotic clients.

Pros

Catered lunches on certain days

Cons

Everything else especially using my own car to transport psychotic clients

An ok experience if you have no experience

It was an ok experience but I never considered it a lifelong career. I gave it my all when I worked there and will always be thankful for the opportunity. The therapists all helped the other and were committed to helping each client succeed. The salary for bachelors and master's leveled staff was disrespectful.

Pros

Co-workers looked out for one another.

Cons

Salary

Flexible

Therapist, work is fulfilling but demanding. Pay is okay. Good benefits. You’re treated like a person. Good for new grads. Not a lot of room for advancement. Good support from team leads

Under staffed and not adequate raises. Lack of communication with manager

I enjoyed helping clients with their needs as well as supporting the therapists in the office. The office is short staffed and this made the workplace stressful because of the difficulty of taking unplanned time off for illness, etc. Communication with management was not always good or consistent.

Pros

Helping clients with their needs

Cons

No or very little raises: lack of communication with manager

Left Hand has no clue what the right hand is doing

No support or encouragement to thrive or advance. Contentment depends on your role and department. As with most MH jobs, burnout is high, as is the tendency of staff to cut corners in feeling underappreciated and given conflicting information.

Pros

Drug rep lunches (if you are able to get there on time and you are allowed to partake)

stressful

The pay does not match the work. Management only worries about productivity and yet don't seem to realize that most of the work goes home with you. Depending on which department you work it can be mentally draining!

Cons

low pay, stressful

ive met some of the best people and clients while working here that ill be friends with for a long time

the lower level staff hold centerstone together with duct tape and shoe strings. its a great place to work to get a start in your career but if you want to advance go else where. id love to continue my career with this company but there isnt any opportunity to advance which is why im here on indeed researching my options

Pros

in my department we work well as a team and always seem to make things work under pressure

Cons

No room to grow, Tone deaf management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centerstone. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight