Centra Health Employee Reviews

its a fairly nice place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Amherst, VAOctober 6, 2018
my residents were my most enjoyable part of my job always would appreciate more professional staff getting out on the floor taking care of residents /assisting current job don will push a cart and give medications and work as an aide makes employees appreciate management more when you see people struggling give them a hand encourage don't discourage every day is a learning experience and no one is perfect working together as a team
Centra Health Experience
Patient Representative II (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 3, 2018
I love working for the company, but in each department I have worked in the management has been very poor. Issues between employees are taken lightly and actions are not being taken to prevent arguments. If offered another position on first shift I would stay because I realize that first shift will work better with me and my kid's schedule.
Pros
Discounts, Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
It was time of my life let me go for no reason
Housekeeping dusting cleaning (Former Employee) –  Grandfalls windsoirJanuary 5, 2019
I had time of my life they let me go for no reason didnt do anything hurt anybody and that made me feel sad because love seniors dance music laughing with them all time they made sure i had pretty good day
Pros
Healthy snack apples plumd juices
Cons
1000 lunch break back work
sigh
Annonymous (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 12, 2019
Don't Work for the transport Company. It has the good ole boys club. They promote their buddies only and actual loyal employees who have done nothing but work their buts off for the company. They need to focus on retention of their ALS providers, so they won't go elsewhere. Morale is low and pay is okay.
Rewarding work
Laboratory Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 24, 2018
A very busy, growing, well needed medical community with a serious shortage of staff.
The hardest part of my job is getting our people to stop repeating the same errors. We have on going reminders, training, and policy reviews, but still have a few mistakes repeated.
The most rewarding is completing root cause analysis and putting measures in place to prevent the same mistake. Keeping staff and patients safe and well.
Management consist of new people and seasoned workers that are trying to work through the same challenges to keep our excellent care commitment.
Pros
free apple a day
Cons
shortage of staff
Amazing atmosphere to work in!
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 11, 2019
I loved working for Centra Health! Everyone was always so encouraging to help you become better at your role! Teamwork was the most important thing to everyone who worked there, and truly worked together to make it a perfect place to work!
The company name is good
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 16, 2018
The company name is good;however at some places management sucks and they show favoritism and it’s not right...I left my job from the hospital to realize that...Hurt me to my heart and I wish I had never left
Pros
Employee recognition
Cons
Bad management
Great Place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 26, 2018
Centra may be a fairly small hospital system compared to UVA or Roanoke, but they are very advanced in their tools, equipment availability, and staff knowledge. They pride themselves in hiring knowledgable nurses and staff members, and then they take the time to train them properly and give many resources.
Pros
training, education opportunities, involvement in community
Nice place to work.
Medical Office Associate III (Current Employee) –  Farmville, VANovember 9, 2018
I have had an over all good experience at Centra Health. I have difficulty in insurance premiums. I am looking for a change. I am seeking a job with better benefits.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Insurance premiums are very high.
Great Company
Referrals Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAOctober 10, 2018
If some changes to staff and management were made, and current computer system changes were easier to navigate and transition into it would be an amazing facility and company to work for. It should have been better planned out.
Stressful
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 16, 2018
I loved working for Centra Lynchburg General Hospital. I wanted to retire there. I had the best boss. I know I wasn’t experienced enough. The employees insulted me and made me feel stupid. I ended up quitting. I know it was a big mistake. I wish I could come back. I thought it was a great place to work except for some of the employees.
Pros
The money for food was taken out of your check
Cons
Staff was rude
Needs Improcement
Registered Nurse I (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 8, 2018
Doesn’t really care about its employees, needs better compensation and more opportunities for growth and support for current employees. Needs more flexibility for working parents !
Replaceable at any time
LGH employee (Former Employee) –  LGHJune 1, 2018
I enjoyed the majority of the people I worked with however management was POOR! There were lies upon lies and false sense of security. We were told everyone in our department was replaceable, even if that meant travelers. There was NO recognition set up and the pay was pitiful for the national average. There was always drama being brought in to the workplace. The people who worked the hardest were always the first ones in trouble. The patient care aspect is what kept me there. I felt I was helping people even if indirectly.
Pros
Benefits are pretty good, sense of pride with helping patients, always changing environment
Cons
LOW pay, NO support from management, no recognition
fast paced with great teamwork
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 15, 2018
The unit I worked on had high turnover rate of nurses, but we fostered a positive work environment. The hardest part of the job was the chronic short staffing problem. Always being asked to do more with less help.
Good benefits
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Farmville, VASeptember 5, 2018
Poor manager. Don't communicate with employees. Terrible mood swings with an employee when you ask a question. Lots of favoritism because of who you know. They are rude to the employees and that's ok.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Drama and stressful
Great Place
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 28, 2018
Great place to work, learned a lot. Went from receptionist to manager lots of educational experiences. Great benefits, lots of pto, lots of learning experiences.
Pros
wonderful place
Hardworking
Nutrition Service (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 8, 2018
Must be a hardworker and not mind doing a little bit of everyone's job not just your own. It is a stressful job also can be a fun job. Keep your personal life to yourself or everyone there will know your business.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Drama, noone does their work
I love working there
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 27, 2018
I love the managers and the way the company works. This company has really helped me in so many ways. They are very helpful and compassionate about their employees.
It worked around my schedule for my chitwhen they were younger
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg vaSeptember 1, 2018
Centra is a good company to work for they just don’t pay enough an the turn over of employees are very high. It’s hard to find people to work so hard for little money
Fast Paced and growing daily
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 2, 2018
Great opportunity and job security. Room for promotion . Education assistance available. Upper management friendly and CEO holds town halls to keep everyone up to date and to get feed back.
Pros
flexibility, pay