Centra Health Employee Reviews

Needs Improcement
Registered Nurse I (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 8, 2018
Doesn’t really care about its employees, needs better compensation and more opportunities for growth and support for current employees. Needs more flexibility for working parents !
na
MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 17, 2018
centra is an ok company. benefits are not good and they could treat employees better. I would not recommend working here to anyone. my co workers are ok
Great Company
Referrals Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAOctober 10, 2018
If some changes to staff and management were made, and current computer system changes were easier to navigate and transition into it would be an amazing facility and company to work for. It should have been better planned out.
its a fairly nice place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Amherst, VAOctober 6, 2018
my residents were my most enjoyable part of my job always would appreciate more professional staff getting out on the floor taking care of residents /assisting current job don will push a cart and give medications and work as an aide makes employees appreciate management more when you see people struggling give them a hand encourage don't discourage every day is a learning experience and no one is perfect working together as a team
Centra Health Experience
Patient Representative II (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 3, 2018
I love working for the company, but in each department I have worked in the management has been very poor. Issues between employees are taken lightly and actions are not being taken to prevent arguments. If offered another position on first shift I would stay because I realize that first shift will work better with me and my kid's schedule.
Pros
Discounts, Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
fast paced with great teamwork
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 15, 2018
The unit I worked on had high turnover rate of nurses, but we fostered a positive work environment. The hardest part of the job was the chronic short staffing problem. Always being asked to do more with less help.
Quality Healthcare Organization
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 14, 2018
Provides quality healthcare to the community. Offers a wide range of services. Challenging daily work. Hard working culture that could focus more on work-life balance.
Good benefits
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Farmville, VASeptember 5, 2018
Poor manager. Don't communicate with employees. Terrible mood swings with an employee when you ask a question. Lots of favoritism because of who you know. They are rude to the employees and that's ok.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Drama and stressful
It worked around my schedule for my chitwhen they were younger
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg vaSeptember 1, 2018
Centra is a good company to work for they just don’t pay enough an the turn over of employees are very high. It’s hard to find people to work so hard for little money
Na
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 30, 2018
This was y first nursing job, orientation was great and I was assigned a mentor. Classes were contructed for first year nurses and we meet every 1-2 months.
Hardworking
Nutrition Service (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 8, 2018
Must be a hardworker and not mind doing a little bit of everyone's job not just your own. It is a stressful job also can be a fun job. Keep your personal life to yourself or everyone there will know your business.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Drama, noone does their work
Fast Paced and growing daily
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 2, 2018
Great opportunity and job security. Room for promotion . Education assistance available. Upper management friendly and CEO holds town halls to keep everyone up to date and to get feed back.
Pros
flexibility, pay
Great company
Phlebotomist Extern-LGH Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 31, 2018
Great company to work for, flexible shifts, good benefits, good staff. Able to get effective on the job training, and continuing credits to help with future jobs
Great Place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 26, 2018
Centra may be a fairly small hospital system compared to UVA or Roanoke, but they are very advanced in their tools, equipment availability, and staff knowledge. They pride themselves in hiring knowledgable nurses and staff members, and then they take the time to train them properly and give many resources.
Pros
training, education opportunities, involvement in community
Rewarding work
Laboratory Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 24, 2018
A very busy, growing, well needed medical community with a serious shortage of staff.
The hardest part of my job is getting our people to stop repeating the same errors. We have on going reminders, training, and policy reviews, but still have a few mistakes repeated.
The most rewarding is completing root cause analysis and putting measures in place to prevent the same mistake. Keeping staff and patients safe and well.
Management consist of new people and seasoned workers that are trying to work through the same challenges to keep our excellent care commitment.
Pros
free apple a day
Cons
shortage of staff
Wonderful place to work
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 9, 2018
Most employees are very polite and the culture is very working class. Upper management always seems to be giving out free food somewhere you are hungry.
Would like to see more on hand training
MOA II (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 3, 2018
This is a very patient oriented place to work. I do like that they place great emphasies on patient care and safety. Needs additional training in some areas for employees
Pros
Discount on medical bills for employees
Busy place to work
Acute Care Physical Therapist I (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 21, 2018
It is challenging to see a full caseload each day but it is enjoyable to be able to help your patients. Co-workers are nice and fun to be around. Patients are happy to have PT for the most part. Good experience being at a large hospital.
Stressful
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 16, 2018
I loved working for Centra Lynchburg General Hospital. I wanted to retire there. I had the best boss. I know I wasn’t experienced enough. The employees insulted me and made me feel stupid. I ended up quitting. I know it was a big mistake. I wish I could come back. I thought it was a great place to work except for some of the employees.
Pros
The money for food was taken out of your check
Cons
Staff was rude
fun workplace
Accounts Receivable Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 14, 2018
Overall a good place to work. I learned a lot that I can take on to build on another job. Management may need a little more work on retaining workers. The hardest part of the job for me was I felt like I was in production.
Pros
Pay scale is alright.
Cons
On the job training not so good.