Centra Technology Employee Reviews

Best Company Ever
SENIOR PROGRAM ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 9, 2018
Just simply a wonderful place to work. Supportive employee focus management and always seeking to help you be a better person/employee. The work is challenging and the customer base is top in the fields of expertise.
Pros
Collaboration
Standard Contract Company
Operation Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 28, 2017
If you work in the intelligence community, there are a few big contract companies out there.Centra Technology operates no differently from the rest. Most of the contracts nowadays are all based off a cookie cutter payroll system. The only pitfall with working in Centra Technology is that they do not offer any paid vacation if you are a contractor. The supervisors I worked with are all very understanding and will try to accommodate you in the best way they can if you have any problems.
Pros
Understandable leadership
Cons
No paid vacation
Best benefits out there. Upper Management is GREAT!
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Northern VASeptember 17, 2017
I've been offered a lot of jobs with other companies. I've never found a company w/ a better "all around" benefits package. I don't use medical, but I'm told it's pretty good. The 401K is good (vested immediately w/ 4% match), good days off, ability to flex when you need to.

Only complaint is that those of us "in the trenches" on a customer sight sometimes get forgotten about by corporate. Seems there are 2 companies...the corporate folks and those of us at the customer site.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Room to move up
Fair to Poor Work Experience
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 15, 2017
The benefits are in line with those companies in the area. The management is weak as a result of quick growth in the early part of the century and lack of organic growth in personnel management skills at the VP level. CENTRA takes advantage of salary-exempt employees. Be sure to negotiate compensation prior to working here. The pay is below average, and if you work more than 40 hours a week, then CENTRA bills the customer for the work, but you are NOT compensated in any way... no "banking" hours. I often worked the entire weekend and wanted to take the following Friday off. They charged me personal time!
Pros
Free Coffee; Free Parking; Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Low Pay; Poor Leadership; Diminishing Reputation
SharePoint Developer (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 1, 2017
Good benefits, solid management, good work-life balance, work place culture is positive, minimal meetings and politics, I enjoyed working there for several years.
Pros
Management is technical
Cons
Just a very fast paced environment
Administrative Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 11, 2013
Maybe one of the best jobs I've ever had, the people were nice and just a great company to work for.
Pros
Free lunch and parking
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centra Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight