CentraCare Health Employee Reviews

Great co-workers, not so good management
Registration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Prairie, MNOctober 3, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers, but the management was never that willing to work with employees when it comes to PTO and family needs for each individual.
Zero orientation-Long Prairie Nursing home/assisted living
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Long Prairie, MNSeptember 17, 2018
In these facilities there is little to no orientation process. They pay is less than anywhere in the area. Management is poor, always saying "YES" and then doing nothing to follow up. A typical day in each of these places is unorganized and chaotic. No one really knows what's happening. A new employee coming into these facilities becomes overwhelmed and stressed out the first week of employment. Older nurses refuse to change and use new equipment or listen to new nurses who may have a new idea. The hardest part of the job as a nurse was trying to figure out what your job description actually is. An official job description usually is not given.
Pros
Hours are okay, insurance benefits
Cons
Poor management, no orientation process, older nurses refuse to change, new employees are thrown to the floor
Wasn’t the job, it was the people
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 15, 2018
If you chose to work for CentraCare you have to be very careful with who you talk to and what about. In my particular area, a couple co workers gossiped about everyone and everything. Also because I was the “new” one, even after 5 years, I got treated terribly by a co worker and nothing was ever done about it. I was told I had to deal with it. That is not fair to anyone!
reviewed
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paynesville, MN 56362September 6, 2018
The best part of working there was helping people Customers always came first. the daily routine was helping the people with whatever needs they needed.
fantastic place to work
Director of Clinic Operations (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 1, 2018
central MN's leading health care organization, top notch in patient experience, quality initiatives and people engagement. The organization works hard at achieving it's mission and positively impacting the culture at every department.
Great
CMA/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Big Lake, MNJuly 30, 2018
CentraCare is a great company to work for. The offer many benefits to their employees as well as to the family members of employees. I would recommend everyone to work for Centracare
Enjoy my co-workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Monticello, MNJuly 16, 2018
12 hour shifts, management is not always helpful and can lack the ability to problem solve and give direction. Providers are not always team players.
Correctional Care
Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJuly 1, 2018
This is the worst place to work for. Management is the worst. Staff and the Correctional officers are very unprofessional. I will never recommend employment here.
Pros
Money
Lab Assistant
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJune 28, 2018
I typical Work Day would start out by Waking up patients and collecting blood samples and sending down to the lab. The hardest part of the job was learning the different type of cultures that you would come across and learning how to adapt. But I loved learning how to over come that and seeing myself grow. I really enjoyed meeting new people and all the challenges that came with every new day and every person was their medical condition is unique and learn as go.
Residents are only reason I stayed.
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNJune 19, 2018
Very hard work. Need to memorize quite a bit, names, special dietary requirements.....Loud dishwasher area and kitchen environment. Very tiring and constant...., heavy lifting required
My manager was not good to me
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Paynesville, MNMay 30, 2018
I worked at the Paynesville location and my manager played extreme favoritism. If she liked you she would give you the hours you wanted without thinking about it, but if she did not like you, you got the bad hours which isn't fair. I trained in a new employee recently and she works better hours then me now. She came with no experience and I have training, experience, and have worked here for almost a year. I is completely not fair!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
manager
There is no teamwork
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Paynesville, MNMay 10, 2018
The higher-ups make changes, then expect us all to instantly know and adhere to them. There is no communication between anyone. Many do not even think of the patients or other co-workers beyond what benefits them. This is including the ceo and office workers.
Pros
Helping the elderly, feeling of accoplishment
Cons
not given enough information to do your job to its best.
Love my co-workers and residents
Housekeeper long term care (Current Employee) –  Monticello, MNMay 2, 2018
My day begins at 8 am. I've learned to appreciate my hard working Co-workers. There is a difference between having a boss and a manager. My department has a boss because i associate a manager who cares about their people. The hardest part is not having my opinion respected by my boss especially when you and your co-workers petition new hours and have time and time again took the time to layout duties and responsibilities to perform our job better and 2 years later the same issue continues to be addressed. It shows us that our opinion does not matter! The most enjoyable part of my day are my fantastic Co-workers and residents and resident/patients families.
Pros
Work independant
Cons
Your voice is not heard
A great Place to learn
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNApril 27, 2018
Centracare is a great place to work. Amazing company with great staff. Perhaps, it's a great start place for Nursing student whom are looking forward in becoming a nurse someday. Perhaps, it's a company that promote it culture and diversity among staff. The most enjoyable part of working with this company is when you get the chance to interact with patients and staff around you.
Central lakes
Clinical Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNMarch 18, 2018
I think this company would benefit with a better workplace culture.
The best part of my job was the patients
The hardest part was fitting in.
I learned to work at being a better trainer and that not all individuals learn the same.
Pros
good pay
Cons
better training would help
Productive and flexible
SUPERVISOR RECEPTION/SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  St Cloud MNMarch 11, 2018
Able to work amongst each other. Met with different groups to better processes and work flows within teams. Built team moral. Worked on team engagement.
Katty
Nursing Assistant Registered (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNFebruary 17, 2018
It really depended on what shift you worked on. Some were like being in high school and people were very cold to you. They wouldn't help each other and disappear into resident's rooms unless they needed. help. Not a lot of structure. Some shifts were okay to work on but there were very defined cliches which made it hard to work with people.
Pros
Not a lot
Cons
People did not work well with each other
okay
Receptionist/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNFebruary 15, 2018
Very stressful position, making appointments, constant phone ringing, overall very stressful. Most of the doctors did not have enough room on their schedule to accomodate for their patients neither.
Culture oriented employer
Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 6, 2018
Pushes non discrimination of employees and patients. Continuous training for culture and being the best person you can without being judgmental and jumping to conclusions
I worked in long term care at the nursing home and then went to the hospital setting and worked in the dialysis unit.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 4, 2018
I loved working with the elderly population! I felt that the business had too many "administrators" with secretaries and they forgot the direct care staff that really took care of the elderly with hands on care . The direct care staff were always last getting any raises!
Pros
Loved building a relationship with the older residents. they have alot to offer to all of us.
Cons
Not paid very well for how hard the workers worked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CentraCare Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight