CentraCare Health Employee Reviews

Low pay
Clinic Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 12, 2019
I came from the cities and I was taken back by the starting pay for my position. The management is two faced where I work and also dealing with co worker that micro manages is not fun. But I learned some things and have trained in others but the pay is bad. They want to pile on more duties but no pay and no title change. They allow others to not have to circulate duties and let people get away with not doing work others have to do with the same title.
Pros
Learned some things
Cons
Low low pay not competitive at all
Horrible Place to Work
Sr. Credentialing Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJanuary 2, 2019
Not a good place to work, not flexible, they lie to you when they offer you a job, they do not stand by their words. They don't care about anyone but the dollar signs.
Letting go of a good program
Behavioral Health Associate (BHA) (Current Employee) –  recovery plusDecember 10, 2018
They are taking away a treatment program for addicts that is a huge must for the community. I no longer have respect for the upper management and how they do things.
Was a great career there
Director of Multi-Site Specialty Clinics (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNNovember 5, 2018
I learned many things and was promoted twice at this location. Culture was healthy, but became unhealthy and I chose to leave. Company is going through growing pains and I hope eventually gets there. They struggle with diversity, anything outside of the "norm" and the area overall is somewhat closed minded in regard to diversity. Things are somewhat better but still a struggle. Work life balance...doesn't really exist. emails 24/7, leadership continually emailing 24/7 and expectation to continue to answer after hours etc. Wages were quite low compared to twin cities 50 miles away. I believe they have had to start paying better to get employees. Benefits good overall...but room for improvement. I loved my peers and good team. Excellent healthcare and mission.
Pros
Great services, mission and outstanding peers/employees
Cons
low wages, lack of diversity and need to be more open minded
Amazing People with Poor Management
Customer Contact Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNNovember 5, 2018
I was doing the job of at minimum three different roles while getting paid for one. Management was poor and not receptive, but my coworkers made it worth it. My specific department got paid less than departments that did a lot less work. The job was stressful at times, but could also be very relaxed.
Pros
Schedules, breaks, co-workers, benefits
Cons
Pay, management
poor management
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNOctober 18, 2018
former employee

very poor training for new employees. everything is summed up in crash course lessons. poor communication in regards to training and skills, high expectations for new comers, with improper training from facility.

to give a total score for Team work is a 0 out of 5. they preach about how everyone is apart of the team and needs to be a team player. since when is Team spelt with and I?

nursing staff is not helpful to coworkers, especially new comers. established employees would rather "snitch" and tell, rather than help out coworkers.

management is poor and dishonest and untruthful. will tell you one thing and turn around and say the opposite at the same time. they do not stand by their original word.

if you enjoy a work place that is full of backstabbers, snitches and brown-nosers, than this is the place for you.i would not recommend anyone to certain facilities within the cooperation.
score rating is merely a 2% of the staff that are actually caring to help out co-workers. a pretty sad score for such a big cooperation.

i would expect more from such a big growing company. i guess when you start getting greedy and big, you forget about the people on the bottom. for a facility that states they will work with you, a big fat lie.

the best begins with me policy should be thrown out the door, and management needs training on how to come back down to earth and remember that everyone has to start from the bottom sometime.

i guess in certain facilities within this organization , if brown looks good on your nose you'll fit right in.

i
  more... think that the ceo's, presidents and higher personnel need to do some checking in on other management areas. surprise visits would be eye opening. management skills are very poor, and one sided. if you are not a part of the buddy system you wont fit in. sad situation for such a big company.

i guess when your become over-sized, you forget about how to treat people who are actually caring in their job roles and work very hard at giving 110% of themselves everyday they show up, while others are there only for a paycheck.
Great co-workers, not so good management
Registration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Prairie, MNOctober 3, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers, but the management was never that willing to work with employees when it comes to PTO and family needs for each individual.
Health Information Management
Health Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 30, 2018
I enjoy my co-workers and the CentraCare Health company. My day consists of processing and entering ROI's for the Saint Cloud Hospital. I also help consumers that come into the Health Information Management office in completing the Release of Health Information Authorization.
Zero orientation-Long Prairie Nursing home/assisted living
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Long Prairie, MNSeptember 17, 2018
In these facilities there is little to no orientation process. They pay is less than anywhere in the area. Management is poor, always saying "YES" and then doing nothing to follow up. A typical day in each of these places is unorganized and chaotic. No one really knows what's happening. A new employee coming into these facilities becomes overwhelmed and stressed out the first week of employment. Older nurses refuse to change and use new equipment or listen to new nurses who may have a new idea. The hardest part of the job as a nurse was trying to figure out what your job description actually is. An official job description usually is not given.
Pros
Hours are okay, insurance benefits
Cons
Poor management, no orientation process, older nurses refuse to change, new employees are thrown to the floor
Wasn’t the job, it was the people
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 15, 2018
If you chose to work for CentraCare you have to be very careful with who you talk to and what about. In my particular area, a couple co workers gossiped about everyone and everything. Also because I was the “new” one, even after 5 years, I got treated terribly by a co worker and nothing was ever done about it. I was told I had to deal with it. That is not fair to anyone!
reviewed
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paynesville, MN 56362September 6, 2018
The best part of working there was helping people Customers always came first. the daily routine was helping the people with whatever needs they needed.
fantastic place to work
Director of Clinic Operations (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 1, 2018
central MN's leading health care organization, top notch in patient experience, quality initiatives and people engagement. The organization works hard at achieving it's mission and positively impacting the culture at every department.
Great
CMA/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Big Lake, MNJuly 30, 2018
CentraCare is a great company to work for. The offer many benefits to their employees as well as to the family members of employees. I would recommend everyone to work for Centracare
Enjoy my co-workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Monticello, MNJuly 16, 2018
12 hour shifts, management is not always helpful and can lack the ability to problem solve and give direction. Providers are not always team players.
Correctional Care
Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJuly 1, 2018
This is the worst place to work for. Management is the worst. Staff and the Correctional officers are very unprofessional. I will never recommend employment here.
Pros
Money
Lab Assistant
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJune 28, 2018
I typical Work Day would start out by Waking up patients and collecting blood samples and sending down to the lab. The hardest part of the job was learning the different type of cultures that you would come across and learning how to adapt. But I loved learning how to over come that and seeing myself grow. I really enjoyed meeting new people and all the challenges that came with every new day and every person was their medical condition is unique and learn as go.
Residents are only reason I stayed.
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNJune 19, 2018
Very hard work. Need to memorize quite a bit, names, special dietary requirements.....Loud dishwasher area and kitchen environment. Very tiring and constant...., heavy lifting required
My manager was not good to me
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Paynesville, MNMay 30, 2018
I worked at the Paynesville location and my manager played extreme favoritism. If she liked you she would give you the hours you wanted without thinking about it, but if she did not like you, you got the bad hours which isn't fair. I trained in a new employee recently and she works better hours then me now. She came with no experience and I have training, experience, and have worked here for almost a year. I is completely not fair!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
manager
There is no teamwork
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Paynesville, MNMay 10, 2018
The higher-ups make changes, then expect us all to instantly know and adhere to them. There is no communication between anyone. Many do not even think of the patients or other co-workers beyond what benefits them. This is including the ceo and office workers.
Pros
Helping the elderly, feeling of accoplishment
Cons
not given enough information to do your job to its best.
Love my co-workers and residents
Housekeeper long term care (Current Employee) –  Monticello, MNMay 2, 2018
My day begins at 8 am. I've learned to appreciate my hard working Co-workers. There is a difference between having a boss and a manager. My department has a boss because i associate a manager who cares about their people. The hardest part is not having my opinion respected by my boss especially when you and your co-workers petition new hours and have time and time again took the time to layout duties and responsibilities to perform our job better and 2 years later the same issue continues to be addressed. It shows us that our opinion does not matter! The most enjoyable part of my day are my fantastic Co-workers and residents and resident/patients families.
Pros
Work independant
Cons
Your voice is not heard

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CentraCare Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight