CentraCare Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
fantastic place to work
Director of Clinic Operations (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 1, 2018
central MN's leading health care organization, top notch in patient experience, quality initiatives and people engagement. The organization works hard at achieving it's mission and positively impacting the culture at every department.
Great
CMA/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Big Lake, MNJuly 30, 2018
CentraCare is a great company to work for. The offer many benefits to their employees as well as to the family members of employees. I would recommend everyone to work for Centracare
Enjoy my co-workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Monticello, MNJuly 16, 2018
12 hour shifts, management is not always helpful and can lack the ability to problem solve and give direction. Providers are not always team players.
Correctional Care
Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJuly 1, 2018
This is the worst place to work for. Management is the worst. Staff and the Correctional officers are very unprofessional. I will never recommend employment here.
Pros
Money
Lab Assistant
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJune 28, 2018
I typical Work Day would start out by Waking up patients and collecting blood samples and sending down to the lab. The hardest part of the job was learning the different type of cultures that you would come across and learning how to adapt. But I loved learning how to over come that and seeing myself grow. I really enjoyed meeting new people and all the challenges that came with every new day and every person was their medical condition is unique and learn as go.
Residents are only reason I stayed.
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNJune 19, 2018
Very hard work. Need to memorize quite a bit, names, special dietary requirements.....Loud dishwasher area and kitchen environment. Very tiring and constant...., heavy lifting required
My manager was not good to me
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Paynesville, MNMay 30, 2018
I worked at the Paynesville location and my manager played extreme favoritism. If she liked you she would give you the hours you wanted without thinking about it, but if she did not like you, you got the bad hours which isn't fair. I trained in a new employee recently and she works better hours then me now. She came with no experience and I have training, experience, and have worked here for almost a year. I is completely not fair!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
manager
There is no teamwork
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Paynesville, MNMay 10, 2018
The higher-ups make changes, then expect us all to instantly know and adhere to them. There is no communication between anyone. Many do not even think of the patients or other co-workers beyond what benefits them. This is including the ceo and office workers.
Pros
Helping the elderly, feeling of accoplishment
Cons
not given enough information to do your job to its best.
Love my co-workers and residents
Housekeeper long term care (Current Employee) –  Monticello, MNMay 2, 2018
My day begins at 8 am. I've learned to appreciate my hard working Co-workers. There is a difference between having a boss and a manager. My department has a boss because i associate a manager who cares about their people. The hardest part is not having my opinion respected by my boss especially when you and your co-workers petition new hours and have time and time again took the time to layout duties and responsibilities to perform our job better and 2 years later the same issue continues to be addressed. It shows us that our opinion does not matter! The most enjoyable part of my day are my fantastic Co-workers and residents and resident/patients families.
Pros
Work independant
Cons
Your voice is not heard
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 19, 2018
Great place to work, hope to land an official job soon! Worked as a student on externship for medical assisting. Fast placed urgent care but relaxed and able to depend on team for support as needed.
Friendly Work Environment
CNA (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMarch 14, 2018
Management works with your schedule to fit your lifestyle, and is very considerate of your needs as an employee. Environment is safe and pleasant, and co-workers are very friendly.
Productive and flexible
SUPERVISOR RECEPTION/SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  St Cloud MNMarch 11, 2018
Able to work amongst each other. Met with different groups to better processes and work flows within teams. Built team moral. Worked on team engagement.
Katty
Nursing Assistant Registered (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNFebruary 17, 2018
It really depended on what shift you worked on. Some were like being in high school and people were very cold to you. They wouldn't help each other and disappear into resident's rooms unless they needed. help. Not a lot of structure. Some shifts were okay to work on but there were very defined cliches which made it hard to work with people.
Pros
Not a lot
Cons
People did not work well with each other
okay
Receptionist/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNFebruary 15, 2018
Very stressful position, making appointments, constant phone ringing, overall very stressful. Most of the doctors did not have enough room on their schedule to accomodate for their patients neither.
Culture oriented employer
Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 6, 2018
Pushes non discrimination of employees and patients. Continuous training for culture and being the best person you can without being judgmental and jumping to conclusions
I worked in long term care at the nursing home and then went to the hospital setting and worked in the dialysis unit.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 4, 2018
I loved working with the elderly population! I felt that the business had too many "administrators" with secretaries and they forgot the direct care staff that really took care of the elderly with hands on care . The direct care staff were always last getting any raises!
Pros
Loved building a relationship with the older residents. they have alot to offer to all of us.
Cons
Not paid very well for how hard the workers worked.
Wellness Program
CERTIFIED PATIENT ACCOUNT REP (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 29, 2018
CentraCare is an excellent place to work with a strong work ethic and creative ideas. They have great benefits and are flexible with your personal schedule.
Pros
Able to advance
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun place to work that encourages education
Other (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJanuary 23, 2018
I've enjoyed working at CentraCare. Its allowed me to learn new skills and build on ones I already had. Diversity is a big thing here and they do a good job of teaching cultural backgrounds.
Pros
competive pay
Cons
limited advancement opportunities if not medically trained
Too much credentialitis...
Clinic Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 19, 2018
Bullying is allowed and even encouraged by new mid-level managers. Too many inexperienced, young grad's in manager roles with "RN-itis" and immature high school like "clique" behaviors.
Management & Culture
Clerical (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJanuary 17, 2018
Lots of money spent on culture training, but not followed by management. A lot of staff turnover in departments, but no follow-up as to why this is happening.
Cons
Management doesn't listen to employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CentraCare Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight