CentraCare Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Residents are only reason I stayed.
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNJune 19, 2018
Very hard work. Need to memorize quite a bit, names, special dietary requirements.....Loud dishwasher area and kitchen environment. Very tiring and constant...., heavy lifting required
My manager was not good to me
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Paynesville, MNMay 30, 2018
I worked at the Paynesville location and my manager played extreme favoritism. If she liked you she would give you the hours you wanted without thinking about it, but if she did not like you, you got the bad hours which isn't fair. I trained in a new employee recently and she works better hours then me now. She came with no experience and I have training, experience, and have worked here for almost a year. I is completely not fair!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
manager
There is no teamwork
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Paynesville, MNMay 10, 2018
The higher-ups make changes, then expect us all to instantly know and adhere to them. There is no communication between anyone. Many do not even think of the patients or other co-workers beyond what benefits them. This is including the ceo and office workers.
Pros
Helping the elderly, feeling of accoplishment
Cons
not given enough information to do your job to its best.
Love my co-workers and residents
Housekeeper long term care (Current Employee) –  Monticello, MNMay 2, 2018
My day begins at 8 am. I've learned to appreciate my hard working Co-workers. There is a difference between having a boss and a manager. My department has a boss because i associate a manager who cares about their people. The hardest part is not having my opinion respected by my boss especially when you and your co-workers petition new hours and have time and time again took the time to layout duties and responsibilities to perform our job better and 2 years later the same issue continues to be addressed. It shows us that our opinion does not matter! The most enjoyable part of my day are my fantastic Co-workers and residents and resident/patients families.
Pros
Work independant
Cons
Your voice is not heard
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 19, 2018
Great place to work, hope to land an official job soon! Worked as a student on externship for medical assisting. Fast placed urgent care but relaxed and able to depend on team for support as needed.
Friendly Work Environment
CNA (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMarch 14, 2018
Management works with your schedule to fit your lifestyle, and is very considerate of your needs as an employee. Environment is safe and pleasant, and co-workers are very friendly.
Productive and flexible
SUPERVISOR RECEPTION/SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  St Cloud MNMarch 11, 2018
Able to work amongst each other. Met with different groups to better processes and work flows within teams. Built team moral. Worked on team engagement.
Katty
Nursing Assistant Registered (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNFebruary 17, 2018
It really depended on what shift you worked on. Some were like being in high school and people were very cold to you. They wouldn't help each other and disappear into resident's rooms unless they needed. help. Not a lot of structure. Some shifts were okay to work on but there were very defined cliches which made it hard to work with people.
Pros
Not a lot
Cons
People did not work well with each other
okay
Receptionist/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNFebruary 15, 2018
Very stressful position, making appointments, constant phone ringing, overall very stressful. Most of the doctors did not have enough room on their schedule to accomodate for their patients neither.
Culture oriented employer
Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 6, 2018
Pushes non discrimination of employees and patients. Continuous training for culture and being the best person you can without being judgmental and jumping to conclusions
I worked in long term care at the nursing home and then went to the hospital setting and worked in the dialysis unit.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 4, 2018
I loved working with the elderly population! I felt that the business had too many "administrators" with secretaries and they forgot the direct care staff that really took care of the elderly with hands on care . The direct care staff were always last getting any raises!
Pros
Loved building a relationship with the older residents. they have alot to offer to all of us.
Cons
Not paid very well for how hard the workers worked.
Wellness Program
CERTIFIED PATIENT ACCOUNT REP (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 29, 2018
CentraCare is an excellent place to work with a strong work ethic and creative ideas. They have great benefits and are flexible with your personal schedule.
Pros
Able to advance
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun place to work that encourages education
Other (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJanuary 23, 2018
I've enjoyed working at CentraCare. Its allowed me to learn new skills and build on ones I already had. Diversity is a big thing here and they do a good job of teaching cultural backgrounds.
Pros
competive pay
Cons
limited advancement opportunities if not medically trained
Too much credentialitis...
Clinic Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 19, 2018
Bullying is allowed and even encouraged by new mid-level managers. Too many inexperienced, young grad's in manager roles with "RN-itis" and immature high school like "clique" behaviors.
Management & Culture
Clerical (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJanuary 17, 2018
Lots of money spent on culture training, but not followed by management. A lot of staff turnover in departments, but no follow-up as to why this is happening.
Cons
Management doesn't listen to employees.
Typical Day
Release of Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJanuary 10, 2018
Enter and process medical record requests from patients, law offices, and other healthcare facilities to ensure patients' care

answer phone calls in a timely manner as well as check work voicemail (both individual and team)

process and abstract paper charts when necessary to complete and meet expectations on the request

Being surrounded by others who do the same job and being able to turn to them when confused or get 2nd opinion

the hardest part of the job is feeling you don't have a sense of direction in which management wants or expects
Pros
team work, breaks, different cafeteria options
Under Paid for the amount of work done
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 9, 2018
Overall the job wasn't to bad but almost everyday the clinic was so busy could hardly get a break. Management took lunches out of check regardless if wee took them or not.
Pros
time went by quick
Cons
wages
Replaceable
Server (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 8, 2018
Staff turnover has been a problem. There have been so many that other employees do not feel safe. The feeling is that no matter what you do, if you are not liked by a member of management, you are working on borrowed time.
Pros
Being able to work with participants, getting to know them on a whole different level
Friendly, fast-paced work environment
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 3, 2018
The benefits were nice and they paid well. Co-workers were fun and friendly. Was able to meet new people and well as build relationship with long term patients and staff.
fun open work place
Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Monticello, MNNovember 30, 2017
efficient work place with great management. Many location for when a family needs to relocate, great benefits, student loan reimbursement among other great benefit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CentraCare Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight