Central Arizona Shelter Services Employee Reviews

great place to work
Veteran Support Specialist - Lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 6, 2018
can be very busy at time s with some down time in between. at times not often can be stressful working with the population of the people you are working with. staff is always supporting each other in whatever task that might be there. great place to work and learn.
Pros
supervisors and staff are always working together
Cons
can be stressful at times working with the population
Great Organization
Rapid Re-housing Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 6, 2018
Great place to start a career in social work. The atmosphere is great and clients really are happy in moving forward. Cass is changing lives everyday for individuals who have been homeless for years.
Pros
No degree Needed
Cons
Non Profit
Great Experience
Volunteer Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 7, 2017
Great Experience working with central arizona shelter services. Gave me great knowledge in dental hygiene and I look forward to applying my skills in the working field.
Fun work place
Senior Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 4, 2016
Great work place, got to accomplish my goal by working with youths I can relate to. Hardest part was to keep rules consistent.
CASS has the potential to reduce and resolve homelessness
Chief Operating Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 9, 2015
I was fortunate to work at CASS during a time when most of its leadership was working to fulfill its mission to end homelessness. Though this was not fully supported by the board or the CEO, we were able to empower and help more people served by CASS, than in all of its 25-year history, to regain independence and move out of homelessness. I came to a very dangerous and non-compliant institution barely successfully sheltering over 10,000 people a night and left this organization having rebuilt it into compliance and mission-alignment to help those it served get out of homelessness instead of remain trapped in it. Unfortunately, the organization has since slipped back into the business of sheltering and not helping those it serves, thereby increasing the homeless population instead of reducing it.
Pros
Incredible potential and funding to resolve homelessness
Cons
Does not have the leadership and board needed to fulfill its mission
fast-paced
Shelter Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2012
Great Organization! Great help for the homeless, pay was low but the rewards were tremendous when seeing another individual progress!
Pros
everything!
Cons
lower end pay, non-profit
security work
C.A.S.S. SECURITY (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2012
CASS security was in charge in ensuring the tenants safety by doing random bed searches and bag searches. doing metal detector stops to ensure no weapons were brught into the facility.
Cons
no job security, laid the whole crew off with no notice