Central Arkansas Development Council

Central Arkansas Development Council Employee Reviews

United States16 reviews
Good place to work I was only part-time. Staff care about helping the people we served. Was much room for growth, however feel what I learned was valuable and transferable.
I really enjoy working with the families, helping them to set and achieve goals. Working with the community and getting to assist as necessary working with the tiny humans too.
I really like working with peoples some good some bad but knowing at the end of the day I helped someone dealing with the negative peo[le would be the hardest
Stressful work environment; problems were not addressed; supervisor's ego was placed above the needs and desires of the clients; employees were punished for speaking out about problems
This job was an very very rewarding job. I love helping people that are either disabled or less fortunate.Plus...for me to be able to help other people in this world is....priceless
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Assisted low income families with paying utilites in wintrr and summer! Processed and made payments to Entergy and Centerpoint Engery. Locating pther programs.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Non
I loved working at CADC and the work place culture is very open and supportive. There isn't a strict dress code as long as you dress decently. The only con is the pay. I'm not sure if the pay increases as you move up but the starting pay is only about $8.60
Pros
Help people, great work environment
Cons
Below average pay
On a typical day at CADC I would write approximately 5 to 10 referrals for low income families to receive assistance for their daily living. The hardest part of the job was having adequate resources for the families in the community. I had a great supervisor that supported me in all my work. The best part about my job is meeting so many families and helping them become self-sufficient.
Pros
Flexable Schedule
Cons
Pay
It was rewarding for me to assist families with achieving goals and maintaining household stability, taking care of family needs in every area pertaining to a wholesome lifestyle.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Lots of overtime
Work day is fairly ok, but at times can be stressful. I learned how to deal with children that' having some challenges and issue, but through conscious discipline training I learned how to deal with this children in the classroom. The management need some improvement, the hardest part of the job, is paper work, its to the extreme. The most enjoyable is watching my children improve and grow throughout the year.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Central Arkansas Development Council?
Great place to work. Loving staff and clients. I had no issues working here. I actually miss working here. They did not want me to go but I had to be closer to my family in another town and could not travel as much.
Pros
Supportive, opportunity to advance
Cons
It's a good job if you like to drive. It's good for a person wanting a part time job or getting close to retirement. Sometimes your hours are long but for the long run it's a great company.
Pros
great benefits
Working at CADC is very unpredictable, you never know where you may have take your next client, or how long you may have to work for the day. But in all in all the job is nice. I've learned that working at CADC you have to have a great deal of patience and you meet many different people of all ages. Also I've learned how to be a safe driver. What I do like about the job is my supervisor, co-workers, and the teamwork. I really appreciated this opportunity to be apart of such an amazing organization.
Pros
Very Large Parties
Cons
Waking Up Early
it was a laid back kind of job. i was helping the community with their bill and i liked it. the boss was nice and was very understanding. i would refer others to work at this company
Picking up and dropping office potential clients carrying them to and from designated appointments and so forth. Learn more about the commutes, meeting new people and practicing great communication skills. Works well with other employers great communication among each other. The hardest part of the job is not getting enough rest in between time,the early mornings and late days of work. The most enjoyable part is the nice people I get to meet who appreciates this type of service.
Pros
Appreciation, lunches, and pamplets/info and memos
Cons
sometimes not getting a break
I love working at CADC, I got a chance to get involved in helping the community in a postive way.
Pros
working in different area in little rock
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Arkansas Development Council. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2