Central Arkansas Development Council Employee Reviews

Stressful work environment
HEAP Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARFebruary 10, 2019
Stressful work environment; problems were not addressed; supervisor's ego was placed above the needs and desires of the clients; employees were punished for speaking out about problems
Utility assistaces program
LI Heap Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Clark County, ARDecember 10, 2018
Assisted low income families with paying utilites in wintrr and summer! Processed and made payments to Entergy and Centerpoint Engery. Locating pther programs.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Non
Great place that helps a lot people but doesn't pay very well
Intake Worker (Former Employee) –  Camden, ARAugust 5, 2018
I loved working at CADC and the work place culture is very open and supportive. There isn't a strict dress code as long as you dress decently. The only con is the pay. I'm not sure if the pay increases as you move up but the starting pay is only about $8.60
Pros
Help people, great work environment
Cons
Below average pay
scat driver
SCAT DRIVER (Current Employee) –  El Dorado, ARSeptember 17, 2017
It's a good job if you like to drive. It's good for a person wanting a part time job or getting close to retirement. Sometimes your hours are long but for the long run it's a great company.
Pros
great benefits
Working with the people
Family Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJune 13, 2018
On a typical day at CADC I would write approximately 5 to 10 referrals for low income families to receive assistance for their daily living. The hardest part of the job was having adequate resources for the families in the community. I had a great supervisor that supported me in all my work. The best part about my job is meeting so many families and helping them become self-sufficient.
Pros
Flexable Schedule
Cons
Pay
workplace is fairly ok
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARDecember 15, 2017
Work day is fairly ok, but at times can be stressful. I learned how to deal with children that' having some challenges and issue, but through conscious discipline training I learned how to deal with this children in the classroom. The management need some improvement, the hardest part of the job, is paper work, its to the extreme. The most enjoyable is watching my children improve and grow throughout the year.
Productive workplace
Family Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJanuary 18, 2018
It was rewarding for me to assist families with achieving goals and maintaining household stability, taking care of family needs in every area pertaining to a wholesome lifestyle.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Lots of overtime
Productive and Fun
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARNovember 16, 2017
Great place to work. Loving staff and clients. I had no issues working here. I actually miss working here. They did not want me to go but I had to be closer to my family in another town and could not travel as much.
Pros
Supportive, opportunity to advance
Central Arkansas Development Council
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fordyce, ARJuly 3, 2017
Working at CADC is very unpredictable, you never know where you may have take your next client, or how long you may have to work for the day. But in all in all the job is nice. I've learned that working at CADC you have to have a great deal of patience and you meet many different people of all ages. Also I've learned how to be a safe driver. What I do like about the job is my supervisor, co-workers, and the teamwork. I really appreciated this opportunity to be apart of such an amazing organization.
Pros
Very Large Parties
Cons
Waking Up Early
I working there helping people in the community
Family Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 29, 2012
I love working at CADC, I got a chance to get involved in helping the community in a postive way.
Pros
working in different area in little rock
Very Productive workplace and environment
Transportation Driver (Current Employee) –  Fordyce, ARApril 6, 2015
Picking up and dropping office potential clients carrying them to and from designated appointments and so forth. Learn more about the commutes, meeting new people and practicing great communication skills. Works well with other employers great communication among each other. The hardest part of the job is not getting enough rest in between time,the early mornings and late days of work. The most enjoyable part is the nice people I get to meet who appreciates this type of service.
Pros
Appreciation, lunches, and pamplets/info and memos
Cons
sometimes not getting a break
N/a
Clerk 2 (Former Employee) –  ArkansasOctober 30, 2015
it was a laid back kind of job. i was helping the community with their bill and i liked it. the boss was nice and was very understanding. i would refer others to work at this company