Central Auto Group Employee Reviews

Can't make a living
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, CTMarch 8, 2018
Owner won't spend money to bring dealership up to date. Very poor pay plan for staff. Very slow traffic coming into store. Does not payoff customer trades for 30 days effecting customer credit. Group has very poor ratings. Dealer does not know how to do business today still thinks it the 80's with gimmicky misleading advertising. Salesman have to bring in there own computer or share a old outdated chome book to use. Very poor pay and benefits are non existent
Pros
Cons
Over worked under paid
poor management
Ford Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, CTJanuary 16, 2018
poor management. very stressful. underpaid and over worked. had to scrounge each week for my paycheck. boss is a coke addict so that pretty much sums that up for you.
Pros
close to home
Cons
lots of coke addicts
Not a bad place. Liked the people.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Plainville, CTJuly 3, 2017
Not the greatest in the world, but certainly not the worst. I got along with everyone, and really enjoyed myself. Wish it was a little busier at times just because it helps with commission. I’d work here again though. Just would ask for more money.
Pros
Decent people, fairly relaxed
Cons
A little slow at times.
Great place. A little more money for the drive would’ve been nice.
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, CTJuly 3, 2017
Like the review says, would still be there, but the pay was a little short for what I needed for the drive.

I’d go back in a heartbeat if I could work that out.

I had a great time, and felt like hanging out with friends and family at times.
Pros
Great environment, management was down to earth and pleasant.
Cons
Maybe a little more money, or another week of vacation.
mistake taking the job
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, CTJune 9, 2017
After going back and forth for a couple of months. Finally get hired
(5 years autopart expirence).

Few weeks later i get told they deceided to go in a different direction,but yet im told i didnt do anything wrong.

Who evers goes to work there be careful
They tell you 1 thing and then behind your back they do something different.

unprofessional way to treat people who work for you when they drive 45min to work for you
Pros
easy work, not busy at all
Cons
poor managment
Official response from Central Auto Group
July 3, 2017

Attendance is important, as well as getting along with other employees. Almost all employees have a 90 day review process. Unfortunately, if an employees attendance in the 1st week is poor, it speaks volumes for what potentially would happen over a longer time. Also getting into a loud, verbal argument in front of customers with a fellow employee is unacceptable. But even after trying to work with the attendance and the professionalism issues through conversation, to correct a potential problem, there were still multiple days missed, as well as multiple days late in such a short period of time, and it could no longer be ignored.

We want the best environment possible for all employees! We work hard to make sure everyone can have that opportunity.

Productive an great work place
Wrecker Driver (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 31, 2017
central groups is a great company to work for I believe I learned a lot working there an I think it was great working with them as a team the towing industry is a great place to work you meet lots of drivers you go out you hear a few stories or tell a few story's of your own.
No major complaints, not perfect.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, CTApril 26, 2017
I know my "star Rating" makes it look perfect, but its not. That being said, you do your job, and put in the effort, you will have no problems. Only left because of the drive, 1 hour each way was to much.

Quickly: The departments work very, very well together. Are there problems, of course, but best co-work I've seen in awhile. Always room for improvement. Management is pretty decent too!

There may be dealers that you could walk into, and have the work come to you, whether it be in sales or service, but that is not what is going to happen here. Its "cow country", surrounded by farms. You have to have the drive to want to better yourself, and by default, the company. Treat each customer like gold, and the word of mouth in town gets you your next job.

If your screwing off, you will not last. People come in thinking they can cut corners, or slack off for hours because if I don't sell a car, or sell service work with the mentality of "its my pay", when really its the whole company.
Pros
Management decent, departments work well together.
Cons
Benefits could be better.
Official response from Central Auto Group
July 3, 2017

I’m glad you had a pleasant experience with us! Thank you for your review!

Bad plan to accept this job
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, CTNovember 29, 2016
A lot of immaturity in the office. Not a great work environment. Gave me a much larger work load than they said they were giving me with minimum pay. Not worth dealing with for the small amount they pay. Owner is a jerk.
Rewarded For Hard Work & Dedication.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainfield CTSeptember 5, 2015
Great place to work. Having a good work ethic pays off. The owner rewards personnel for hard work. Recognition for goal accomplishments along with bonus's. Positive leadership, team atmosphere. This is not a place that you can punch a card and get rewarded for doing nothing. This is not a place for the weak. But if your a hard worker, dedicated to your position, and goal orientated, then this dealership is a gold mine.
I witnessed the owner personally give "every sales person" a $200.00 bonus for doing a good job over the weekend. Then he took them all out for Dinner to show his appreciation for a job well done. The owner is constantly investing in the business. Example - He recently remodeled the service department write up area and customer waiting area so the customers would have a better experence. Always looking to improve and communicates with his managers consistently.Overall the dealership is a great place to work. I like the fact that the owners intentions are to grow the business even bigger than it is. I've often heard him say, " we are responsible for the lively hood of all these employee's" we owe it to them to do our jobs to the best of our ability. That's the kind of guy I want to work for. The management staff is very team orientated. The service and parts departments works well with sales. If I didn't have to move out of state, I would spend the rest of my career their.
Pros
Growing company, Pays for performance, team atmosphere, promotes from within
Cons
Tight corners, Parking lot is packed
One of the worst. Some management ok, owner, not so much.
service (Former Employee) –  plainfield ctAugust 25, 2015
I was fortunate to have a great manager. The people work together pretty well considering. While I would not want to be an owner of a dealership, I would at least try to treat my employees a little better. Owner will come through and fly off the handle, cut pay at his whim, and take away perks that were promised. Everybody's replaceable. He does not care about his employees. Which is a shame, because some of the management is really great. Just recently holidays were cut down to 2, no Labor Day, no Memorial Day, no 4th of July. Informed about that cut 2 weeks prior to our last holiday.
Pros
Fellow employees are decent people. Management is ok, some of them anyways.
Cons
Pay cuts, promises broken, no benefits, micromanaged, and no appreciation from owner

Want to know more about Central Auto Group?

Ask a question
Too many hours not enough money being made
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, CTAugust 17, 2015
some of the management was helpful willing to train you, others were just there to make money. Too many hours not enough money being made. There was little to no job security.
Family owned good people to work for
Sales Manager/Closer (Former Employee) –  NorwoodMarch 4, 2015
Family owned good people to work for. Compensation packages are not that competitive. A place where you can have fun and feel like family. Good Overall company
Upbeat, friendly staff and environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, CTOctober 2, 2014
I enjoyed learning a new field while increasing revenue for myself and my company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Central Auto Group Reviews by Location