Central Bancompany Employee Reviews

Worst place to work for
Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MODecember 7, 2018
All of the other reviews said they care about their employees and that’s a lie...they don’t care one bit it’s all about who you know. The pay is bad and the environment is even worse. It was like high school all over again with all the gossip and talking behind other employees back. Even coming from supervisors. My beach manager basically did nothing but sat at her desk and acted like she was working and when she had to actually do something she huffed and puffed about it the whole time and treated everyone like poo! Would NOT ever recommend this place for employment or banking!
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Bad pay and bad environment
Fantastic Enviroment To learn and Adapt
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Eldon, MOSeptember 10, 2018
Worked From 8am to 5 pm everyday with an hour break.
I learned Many things in my time there Like how to be adaptable and a competitive worker. it was a casual workplace full of great friends. The hardest part of the job was the large influx of money one would have to deal with at key times of the day, The people Were fantastic and really enjoyed the camaraderie.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long Work Times and very competitive atmosphere
Great place to work but no chance for advancement
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJuly 30, 2018
I would have continued with this company if I would have had the chance to move up any further. I was promoted four times in five years and then there were no more opportunities that interested me and kept me learning.
Pros
Cons
Limited Advancement
Unorganized Chaos
Teller (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJune 4, 2018
Basically any aspect that could be unorganized is. There's little to no communication between branches. No one's wants to help the customers, higher up or bottom of the totem pole.
Na
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOFebruary 3, 2018
Benefits can be better. I liked the family-oriented work culture. Better career advancement path planning is required. Location is very economical, ...
Takes care of employees
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJanuary 2, 2018
Central Bank does an suburb job of taking care of it's employees. Between the ability to advance internally as well as excellent benefits it is a place I would highly recommend to work.
Very friendly workplace
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOOctober 9, 2017
Always had a lot of fun with my coworkers. Everyone is super friendly and will make you feel welcome, especially in the analytics / marketing world. Everyone had fun but knew when to get busy too.
It was great experience working with the company.
QA Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOSeptember 23, 2016
It was great experience working with the company. I gave me a platform to execute my skills in the apt direction. I could actually inculcate the work life balance concept in my life
Generally good place to work
Art Curator (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOFebruary 2, 2015
This is a large company that is still primarily controlled by the family who founded it 100 years ago. It was always a generally good place to work.
A very well-run bank with solid finances.
Marketing Assistand and Retail Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MissouriJanuary 8, 2015
This bank is part of Central Bancompany in Jefferson City, MO. It is rapidly growing - going from 11 branches in 2004 to 26 branches in 2014 and another 6 branches being added early 2015. It still retains local decision making and is strongly involved in the various communities it serves.

Every day was different, which I enjoyed. I started as a Marketing Assistant where I worked for 4 years, then moved to a Retail Business Analyst position. This included executive level support for the Sr. Vice President of Retail Services, 3 Regional Sales Managers and 25 Branch Managers. For the business analyst side, I developed and maintained reports for the retail portion and updated the internal web reporting sites. I was the administrator for a retail referral program at the bank level and trained/coached staff on usage. Coordination of manager meetings and employee recognition events took around two days a month. There was a Classic Club program for age 50+ customers for travel, monthly movies, educational and customer appreciation events. Working the various events, interfacing with Classic Club customers, processing payments, balancing the DDA and GL accounts and managing customer correspondence files were part of my duties.

I learned to balance the varied aspects of the job and prioritize the work so that work was done accurately and in a timely manner. The most difficult part of the job were constant interruptions and significant projects with short turn-around times. Some thing I enjoyed was working on the various recognition events. The managers and retail staff
  more... appreciated those programs and the effort that went into them. Another value-added item was when I met with new branch managers to explain their reports, what they needed to provide for their branches and sharing information that would enable them to be successful. Co-teaching training classes with our very talented trainer was always interesting and of value.

My take on the management was that it was balanced, available and they were open to discussions. I was very fortunate to have great co-workers and count many of them as friends.
Pros
The benefits were very good, my schedule had some flexibility and it was 5 minutes from home
Cons
Bank pay levels are lower than the corporate businesses.
Good company to work for
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 23, 2013
Company values it's employees, however, you have to be in management to get any sort of decent pay.
Pros
positive company culture
Cons
very boring work
Good first job
Input Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOOctober 17, 2013
good place to work to get you through school, difficult to advance unless you know someone.