CENTRAL BAPTIST HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

not enough workers working on a shift.
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 24, 2018
You had to be pulled on the worst floor and you hardly had help. Somethings you had to attend with the whole floor. you sometime is so behind that you cant go to your lunch break,
Pros
some nurses help out.
Cons
You had to be pulled on the worst floor and you hardly had help.
This job sparked my interest in working in the medical field
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 21, 2018
working 2nd shift made my day relaxed even when we were extremely busy. I enjoyed working with the physicians to make sure they had charts needed to review for surgeries.
Great Place to Work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 12, 2018
I enjoyed the time i spend there working. I will recommend someone every time. I had a great team of people while working there. Management is good and took care of it employees.
Clinical rotation
Registered Nurse-Clinical Student (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 1, 2018
I had a great experience during my clinical rotation with this hospital. the nurses were very patient in teaching me everything I needed to know during clinicals
loved my job
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 19, 2018
Great working conditions. Excellent coworkers always willing to help and teaching. The hardest part of the job was when we were not able to save the life of a child.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Patient Care
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 2, 2018
Assisted in care of critically ill patients. Worked in cardiac and infectious disease intensive care unit. Fast paced and stressful at times. Great team to work with.
Horrible Management
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 27, 2017
When I worked here, they hardly had enough employees to handle patient care and I've been told that it is much worse now. When it comes to any patient care, let alone the Emergency Department, there definitely should be enough trained staff to accommodate and pride should never be an issue. I will say that during codes, all staff worked together.
Central Baptist
Transporter I (Former Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYDecember 21, 2017
Central Baptist is the BEST place work and I would work there again in a heartbeat. I would recommend Central Baptist as a place to work to anyone who asked me.
Excellent Homecare company
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 18, 2017
Has limited advancements in Homecare for registered nurses. But did have hourly pay with reimbursement for mileage on car. Had an excellent understand Manager for team who left company for another advancement.
Pros
Paid on hourly basis with mileage reimbursed.
Cons
Limited availability for advancement.
Enjoyed working at Central Baptist very much.
Surgery Scheduler / Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 15, 2017
I enjoyed my position at Central Baptist very much. The people I worked with were exceptional. The position was very challenging and put my skills to use. The majority of my managers were very good and were fair.
Pros
Good Work Environment, Exceptional Co-Workers
Cons
Good company to work for.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 17, 2017
They would reimburse for education if you were in school for a medically related field. They offered great medical benefits. I enjoyed working for this company.
rewarding
Patient Services Discharge Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 6, 2017
Access to management was available, culture was a challenge- dealing with the different needs of the patients while obtaining funds.
They gave a family first attitude.
Job security was always in question
Pros
Your family interests
Cons
job security with the consistent changes in the HealthCare system.
Great hospital
RN - 3 South Orthopedics (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 8, 2017
staff and administration is well run; employees are treated fairly and with respect. would work there again if i lived in central kentucky; beautiful area and hospital
Busy workplace
Phlebotomist and Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 3, 2017
Clients came in after visiting with their physicians to have blood drawn. Our team was responsible for drawing venous blood, and sending specimens to the hospital lab or to other labs, including LabCorp, Promethius, etc. We were also responsible for collecting sputum, stool specimens.
VolunTeen program
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 2, 2017
The VoltunTeen program was a lot of fun to be a part of. I got to work alongside my mother and experience her everyday work environment and meet her co-workers.
Pros
i could go at my own pace
Cons
short breaks
long ago and far away
Medical can Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 23, 2017
I worked for this company many years ago. Don't feel it is fair to critique it because it was so long ago. However, there were many employees who had been at their job for 10+ years and seemed very satisfied with what they were doing.
Pros
good benefits, great pay
Cons
can pigeon hole yourself easily
A great experience in hospital operations
Materials Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 2, 2017
My job was to receive and distribute merchandise throughout the hospital from our main medical supplier in Louisville, KY on a daily basis. I was responsible for maintaining inventory levels throughout the supply rooms from our OR Supply Room on the first floor.
At times we had to be ready to supply the nursing staff in a snap when a Code Blue or other codes were ordered. That was perhaps the most hectic part of the day; we had to be fast, accurate, and on time with the supplies. Time was of the essence.
My supervisors were great people to work for, personable and fair to all their employees. My co-workers all had great personalities and we all got along well.
Pros
The doctors, nurses, and support staff were all wonderful people
Cons
Evening shifts when I first started working there.
awsome place to work
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 28, 2017
Only a part time job but what I needed at the time considering I was pregnant. Loved the people I worked with, lots of feedback and always willing to help, routine job that didn't change much but didn't mind that.
Wonderful!!
RRT (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 10, 2017
Nice staff and facilities. Management easy to talk with and open to suggestions from staff. Thoroughly enjoyed my time there.
Caring staff
Unit Clerk-ICU (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 12, 2017
I loved working at Central Baptist Hospital, and my coworker. It is a fast pace work environment because you have peoples lives at risk. Management team is awesome and will give you the tools to better your position.