CENTRAL CALIFORNIA BLOOD CENTER Employee Reviews

do not apply
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 28, 2018
not a supporter of the community like they claim. outsourced part of their company. favoritism. no room for advancement. underpaid and overworked. care more for money than giving back to donors.
its a good job and everyone is nice
Hospital Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 19, 2018
overall its a good job with great job security.the most enjoyable part about this is that your inside in a temperature controlled building and everyone gets along while working
dead end place that stifiles initiotive and sets it up for managers to disregard sop in favor of what every they want
Component lab tech (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 10, 2018
The work is either very busy, or dead The lab gets blamed for everything, so when we are not given the products we are still expected to send it out and find work when there is nothing. initiative and learning are repressed and seen as insubordination, the pay is awful for the importance of the work, and the atmosphere is dreadful.
Rewarding and challenging work.
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 25, 2018
Very rewarding work. Set up and break down of Mobile sites. Fast paced work. Multitasking and team work. Constantly meeting new people on a daily basis. Travel from site to site.
Great group of People to work with.
Bus Driver/Register Donors (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93722March 23, 2018
Everyone at the Central California Blood Center are hard working. The work is gratifying but the pay scale is terrible. It is even more disappointing when the CEO of the company is making approximately a half million dollars a year, but pays his employees poorly or at minimum wage.
Pros
You meet some very nice people, they are dedeicated to their job, and strive to do the very best job possible.
Cons
The pay scale is poor at best.
Not a long term goal
Donor Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 15, 2017
Not a place where you are able to attend school and work. Nothing but drama from everyone from supervisors to phlebos. Many are happy to move on from that place.
Customer Service Rep
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 9, 2017
At the blood center I called all the previous donors and basically asked them to come back in to donate or let them know if there was a blood drive anywhere near them so they could come in and donate. The hardest part about this job was getting them to come in and donate. Id make about 200 calls a day and by the end of the week maybe only 20 people would come in.
Laboratory Technician
Component Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 13, 2015
The laboratory at the Central California Blood Center taught the most important idea of teamwork, balancing individual skills to achieve high levels of efficiency and effectiveness to finish each day's workload.
Great Place to Work
Telerecruiter (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 28, 2015
overall a great place to work. Only down side is the hourly wage isn't the greatest. The staff and management are wonderful, very friendly and professional. Most definitely room to grow and advance. A great organization overall.
Pros
Great work environment with great people
Cons
compensation
Positive work environment emphasizing teamwork
Donor Services Specialist Phlebotomist I (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 5, 2015
I work variable shifts within the Central Valley area. In the Donor Services Department, I interact with donors providing customer service while performing phlebotomies with minimum donor complaints and minimum number of technically unusable blood and its components.

Want to know more about CENTRAL CALIFORNIA BLOOD CENTER?

Ask a question
Great place to get your foot in the door.
Donor Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 24, 2015
Great place if you're using it as a stepping stone. The hardest part of this job would have to be the unstable hours. They do have really great benefits.
Blood Drives
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 2, 2014
Most blood drives are very busy and take time to set-up. As a team we setup and tear down the drive. After we set up we get donors coming to donate so we register and screen them, then we draw their blood and let them relax also get drinks and snacks after. Then after the blood drive we head back to our main center and take the blood back to our Lab were it is processed and then shipped out to the hospitals that are in need of it in the central valley.
Pros
great co-workers, staff has fun, easy work, always new place everyday.
Cons
short breaks and lunches, out in the heat or cold when on drives.
management really sucks
Donor Service Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 15, 2014
The management dont care about their staff. The hardest part of this job is that is not set hours, and day varies. not enough hrs to pay off your bills.
Pros
overtime
Cons
the work schedule sucks!!!
Nice people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fresno , CAMay 27, 2014
Great people to volunteer with very friendly. I handed out t shirts refreshments and signed up first time donors to start the process of becoming long time donors.
Fun work Place
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 11, 2013
A good place to work, We Travel a lot, that's what makes it fun. We get to meet new people everyday, and it makes it seem everyday is a different day. Good people to work with and busy days.
Pros
Out on the Field, we get our meals payed. Lots of OT.
Cons
Sometimes Drives are short on Hours.
A fast pace to work but rewarding
CMA/Coordinator of Special Donations (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CaliforniaAugust 16, 2012
My typical day at work was rewarding and I got to achieve many things that I thought I could not do.I learned how to be patient and how to manage a department with no supervision. I learned how to be a team player with my co-workers and to learn from each other. The hardest part of my job is when I lost a patient,but the most enjoyable part of my job was when I helped my patients with what they needed and that they survived or recovered completely. I really liked my job at the Blood center because I know that I worked hard for my patients and I gave it 110% of my time. I learned so much from the nurses,supervisors,and other co-workers.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CENTRAL CALIFORNIA BLOOD CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9