Central Care Integrated Health Services Employee Reviews

1.8
Ratings breakdown
Relaxed but fast paced environment
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
We do everything from answering phones to verifying patients' insurances. It is a busy job at times, but it does slow down and it is never constant work. But when we do have slow downs, we work on anything else that can be fixed around the office or with a patient's chart.
Pros
Great practice managers
Cons
Poor communication
Enjoyed the patients
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2018
The CEO does not follow the mission statement. The turnover rate is more than 80%. The patients are wonderful. Too many good employees have been fired for disagreeing with the CEO. They have lost the accreditation.
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2018
Bad company to work for poor management poor leadership high turnover and don’t care about the employees it’s really sad how the company is running from ceo on down to management
Review Summary
Accountant Project (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2018
I was completing a project on bank reconciliation and the company had to much negative assets with no evidence to show. As a result I completed my two months contract and moved on.
The position was not hard at all but it is hard to perform your job without the proper tools or guideline. In accounting evidence its crucial to justify your survival in this particular profession.
Pros
Calm environment
Cons
Unorganized Professionals
CEO has poor leadership
Family Nurse Practitioner-Family Practice Clinic (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2018
The CEO does not care about her employees. Many people in leadership had power control issues and lots of micro-management. This company lacks structure. There is zero work life balance in this company.
benefits
Desperately Need Improvement Beginning with CEO
HR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2017
From day one upon my arrival, I had employees even a Physician warned me of the work environment and for me to not work so hard and to watch my back. I now understand. Management, including the CEO, tends to blame everyone except themselves when problems arise.

They want you to work endless hours and not compensate you. Over worked, lack of pay and not a word of thank you for your dedication and hours you put in. At the end, they end your employment without justification. Their books are off and still under audits from years back. Let me caution you if you decide to speak up and pose a question to why things happen. You will be hit with an exit slip. That is why their turnover rate has an outrageous number; number so high, the unemployment office mostly likely approve your unemployment claim without speaking to the employer. It's that crazy!

If all possible, don't even waste your time to work for this organization, unless the board of directors remove the CEO and hire a team who cares about the employees and the patients.
Hostile and Unorganized
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2017
There wasn't a typical day to state the least. Everyday was something new and stressful. Before my first day the organization exuded poor professionalism and rudeness.
On one positive note I learned a ton about the local communities and stakeholders. My team was a pleasant and vibrate group to work with.
On the down side, there is lack of direction and terrible attitudes. The CEO talks to the employees with such disrespect.
I wouldn't recommend this organization unless you enjoy hostility.
Pros
Community based
Cons
Poor leadership
Only use this as a stepping stone!
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2017
Management and job culture is horrible. Turnover rate is unbelievable. CEO and chief administrators are the worse I've ever encountered. Very Unprofessional. There are no means of advancement or growth. Benefits are horrible and they will find ways, personal, to refuse you to use your paid time-off. The CEO lacks leadership and skills to truly take the organization where it needs to go. It is truly an act of God that is keeping these doors open. There is a definite need for the company but new leadership is needed.
Pros
Patients and mission
Cons
Everything about the place
Run, from this employer!
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2017
Management here is interested only in how much they personally are making. Not open to listening to ideas on improving patient experience at all. Very difficult to get supplies - they change vendors often due to who they owe. Management's view in solving any problem is to blame and fire an employee, nothing gets better, only continues in the same pattern. The nurse mgr role is temporary - will be filled only until they get through survey and then nurse will be terminated, I've witnessed this first hand. And there are upper management with no clinical background making clinical decisions and expecting nursing to carry out their orders. A true nightmare!!
Cons
See review
Great stepping stone for aspiring healthcare proffesionals
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2017
Good company to begin your career as a healthcare professional. Central Care has its strong points but it also has a few management hiccups that needs work.
Compliance Coordinator/Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2016
 Maintained the daily operation of medical clinic
 Oversight of all procedures, collection, billing, patient scheduling, out- patient scheduling, prior authorization, specialty pharmacy medications.
 Supervised and trained new employees
 Consulted patients by providing patient education information
 Followed and implemented all clinical and government requirements, including HIPAA and OSHA