Central Carolina Community College Employee Reviews

Loved working with students
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saford, NCApril 5, 2018
I most enjoyed working with different populations of students.

There are many changes of which the staff are not made aware until changes have been implemented. Communication could be better.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Administration could communicate better with lower echelon employees.
Just a College Job
IT Lab Assistant/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCMarch 28, 2018
Great for student who are just entering into a place of higher education and want to become more versed with individuals on campus and obtain contacts. It also allows for individuals to learn hands on from the teachers who have over sight of the labs while being out of class.
Pros
Its like taking a second class
Cons
more time at school
Great Workplace!
case manager (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJanuary 19, 2018
I absolutely loved working at CCCC. I didn't actually work on campus but as part of a contractual youth development program. The culture is understanding, compassionate, family friendly, fun and collaborative. There seems to be excellent opportunity for professional growth and development which is wonderful. I miss it!
Pros
Pay, collaboration and community outreach
Cons
Temporary contract ended
Quick paced and attention to detalied work
BOOK KEEPER (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJanuary 14, 2018
Keeping up the score, substitutions, and time outs for the length of the volleyball game. Required having great attention and to be able to provide accurate information for the NJCAA.
Central Carolina Community College
Farm Intern (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 7, 2018
Central Carolina Community College is a great place to work and study. I appreciate the well-educated and supportive staff and instructors. Overall, great!
Pleasant place to work
College and Career Readiness Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJanuary 2, 2018
Only part-time, great atmosphere and people work together to get to their destination.

The most enjoyable is helping students with education.

Getting to meet people is also enjoyable.
Pros
Nice environment
not too bad to work at
Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCDecember 8, 2017
I was a Lead Instructor at the college. I truly enjoyed teaching but unfortunately the political environment is pretty heavy the further up the chain of command you go.
Students were fun
Adjunct Instructor (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCDecember 1, 2017
Again students were fun. The dialogue between instructor and students challenging. My background and education limited me from being no more than adjunct. I had to hustle to make any money that meant teaching whatever classes available.
Pros
Schedule, students, classroom environment
Cons
Pay, compensation, benefits. lack of hours
Caring workplace
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCOctober 16, 2017
A typical day at work was making sure students were helped properly. What I learned was customer service skills. The workplace culture was friendly. The hardest part of the job was rude students, and the most enjoyable part of the job was helping students.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Healthcare
Justice Studies Department Chair (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NC 27330October 7, 2017
Work 35-40 hours per week, Balance work environment. Teaching associate degree-seeking students.
Balance atmosphere.
Welcome diversity among students.
Cccc
COMPUTER AND TECHNOLOGY INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCOctober 6, 2017
Central Carolina is filled with professional people. As other companies, they provide an abundance of part time positions. This is a great business decision for businesses, and for employees who wish to seek other personal endeavors!
great place
Gym Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCSeptember 21, 2017
I enjoyed working hear. ad the opportunity to meet and be around a lot of people the staff and faculty are all wonderful and heavily involved with the welfare of the students
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay increase
Great Staff
Adult High School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCAugust 4, 2017
Central Carolina Community college is a great place to work. They have a team of great staff members that do everything they can to help each other. I have really enjoyed working here.
Online Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJune 26, 2017
Industry training is exemplary. Lee Early College students are seamlessly enrolled with community college students. Develops partnerships with other local educational providers.
Enthusiastic students- an enjoyable job
Instructor Veterinary Technology (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJune 19, 2017
Pay is not great but I really enjoyed teaching and the students. My contract stated that I was to work 35 hrs/ week- I had 22-24 hrs of lab and classes so put in a lot of extra hours to do the job well. But no regrets.
Pros
No university burocracy!
Cons
Pay
College
Student Kennel Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCMay 16, 2017
I love all the teachers and my fellow students at this college's Veterinary Technician program. All the teachers are very serious about teaching and the students are just as serious with what they are being taught.
Cons
Kennel area are too dark
Salary needs improving
Adult Education Resource Specialist Certification (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 9, 2017
Central Carolina Community College is a good place to work, however salaries need to be increased for instructors. Classroom environment can be somewhat stressful at times. Instructors constantly worry about whether contracts will be renewed based upon current budget conditions.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
Little salary advance/ No assistance with students with special needs
Employment was a Federal Work Study Position
Student Aid – CAD Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCMay 8, 2017
This position was a federal student work study program, where I worked directly for the head of the program that I was attending the college for. I was limited to a maximum of 15 hours per week. I did learn a great deal about Additive Manufacturing and 3D scanning while working in this position. overall I enjoyed working with my Manager and it was very convenient to finish class and start work immediately.
Pros
Working where I was attending school, flexable schedule
Cons
low pay, no benifits, not allowed to work more than 15 hrs per week
Excellent Work Place
STEM Lab Tutor (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCMay 1, 2017
Working for Central Carolina Community Work is very rewarding. It emphasizes community and interactions so you must be a people's type of person to work here productively.
Community and Teachers alike contribute to the school's enjoyable atmosphere
Receptionist and Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lee County CampusApril 15, 2017
Colleagues and fellow staff members are friendly and approachable, and I was greeted daily in a warm manner. The outreach mission of the school is noble and commendable, and I was proud to help many different individuals... from LEC students to professors. The student body at the school is enjoyably diverse, with many cultures and walks of life able to coincide with each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Carolina Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2