Central Catholic High School Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Amazing students and faculty, but lacks proper management
Student and Teacher Aide (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 24, 2018
It is difficult to only rate Central Catholic High School with only 3 stars because I owe so much of my own success to the High School. The students and teachers are absolutely amazing, and working with them has been nothing less than a privilege. However, I have found that there are more cliques within management than there are within the students at the school. It has been difficult working with the college counselors, admissions directors, financial officers, and President/Vice President due to a lack of communication between all above entities. Grudges have been held between management positions and often disrupt - even sabotage - positive work done by anyone within the school. Therefore, there is more turnover at the school now than there was when I was a student.

I learned how to mediate and deal with opposing sides within the same school, and have put my own ambitions aside to help reclaim the glory days of the school in the 1990s and 2000s. It's been easy for me to neglect the poor compensation and benefits because the students are absolutely incredible. The kids and a handful of teachers are the sole reason CCHS is able to carry on as a top-tier private school in Toledo, Ohio - for the time being at least.
Pros
Working with wonderful students, teachers are very nice, feels like family
Cons
Poor compensation, frequent turnover, poor management, cliques within management and some factulty/staff
Not for everyone
Educator/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LASeptember 12, 2017
Low pay and expected to work way past 3pm. Principal has his favorites and everyone knew who they were. The best word to describe this place is HYPOCRITICAL!
Great kids to work with
Assistan Girls Varsity Soccer Coach (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 15, 2017
I am a soccer coach and love being at this school. Great atmosphere and very competitive nature. Kids actually listen when you ask them to do something.
Pros
Fun
Cons
It goes by to quick
Wholesome
Administrative Assistant to the President (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 22, 2017
Great to work in faith-based atmosphere and someplace you can believe in! Employees are top-notch people. Everyone works toward making CCHS a great school.
Fun experience overal
Assistant Varsity Softball Coach (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMarch 23, 2017
I had a great opportunity to coach at the varsity level. I played at central catholic for four years and was part of the varsity level starting as a freshman. I have always loved the program and admired the coaches there. When given the opportunity to coach along side of them I was so grateful. Learning how to coach at that level was a challenge, but allowed me to grow as a person and as a coach. My favorite part was being able to help the players succeed over time, watching them improve and be successful as an individuals and as a team was a great feeling.
Great Place with Community Spirit
High School Science Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2016
The student population is all male. Overall, the students were great. I loved working here. My co-workers were awesome. The emphasis is not just education, but the student.
Co-workers are very nice and easy to work with
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh paMay 13, 2016
Good central location. Co-workers are nice and easy to work with. typical day is fast paced and busy
Hardest part of my job is the antiquated business practices
Pros
Summer hours holiday hours
Cons
Low pay and antiquated business practices
Enjoyed the work enviorment
Scrip Clerk (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 19, 2015
It was a small school setting. And at that time it was exactly what I needed. The hours were flexible and the atmosphere was professional. Benefits were very competitive.
Pros
Good hours and benefits
Cons
was not a full time position
I have a dynamic hardworking fun loving and talented team
Director of Institutional Advancement (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAOctober 19, 2015
I have the good fortune to be working with some very talented, bright and creative team. We all work well together. We have weekly staff meetings.. We are constantly reviewing our strategies for fundraising and events in order to get the best results possible. We are always thinking up new ideas. We work very hard and have a lot of fun doing so. The President and I work very well together. The donors love him.

The hardest part in not being able to do more.
Pros
sense of community and family and great sense of spirt, The President
fast paced educational environment
Teacher,Coach (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 31, 2014
Day starts at 8:00 a.m., taught 5 classes,ending at 3:00 p.m., learned everyone has the ability to learn,the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students,my co-workers were hard working professionals, the hardest part of the job was dealing with scheduling conflicts,snow days off and delayed start to the work day, I learned I love the fast pace to the day in dealing with all types of people
Pros
a good teaching environment
Cons
compensation was low
Being part of a greater force
Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 20, 2013
Working in the Finance Office in a Co-Educational environment was exciting and challenging at the same time. I would interact with Administration, Faculty, Support Staff, Parents and students. All finances were handled in the Finance Office. Collection tuition, account payables, club accounts, and donations.
Pros
Very exciting environment
Cons
I would be responsible for telling a parent their student could not take exam, and or graduate due to outstanding funds owed to the school
Conveniently located in Modesto, Great environment to grow professionaly and spiritualy
Teacher's Aid (Former Employee) –  1342 Carpenter, Modesto CaliforniaOctober 10, 2011
CCHS provides work opportunity in a multicultural environment with great opportunities for employees to support each other and assist students and their families to experience the best of catholic education.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Catholic High School. Our community is ready to answer.

Central Catholic High School Reviews by Location