Central Connecticut State University Employee Reviews

Part time
REPORTER, NEWSLETTER (Former Employee) –  New BritaiJune 28, 2018
As a part time employee I cannot attest to daily ins and outs of working at CCSU but I can say I very much enjoyed working there. I had a lot of independence in my position but worked with a team to present a well rounded publication. My supervisor was helpful and enthusiastic. The pay was fair.
Its an okay position
Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 27, 2018
Its not a bad position, there are just some things that seem iffy with the position. From time to time there will be times where it'll be slow paced and boring, so bring a book. Other times it would be fast paced.
Pros
Easy going from time to time
Cons
Monotonous
I did not work here, but went to school
General Studys (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 15, 2018
I did not work here, but went to school. This was my college experience for when I graduated high school in 1999. I choose to go to CCSU based on location.
Very collaborative and relaxed
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 2, 2018
I was just a student worker but, the atmosphere is light and everyone was super helpful when needed. The work load wasn't crazy but sometimes we had some technical glitches that slowed things down at times but, overall a good experience.
Poor management
Professor (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMay 20, 2018
Not a good place to work and learn.
Very bureaucratic organization.
So many stressful teachers and unmotivated students.
Not a conducive environment
Pros
good benefits
Cons
people are racist and sexist
Average Day as a RECentral Worker at CCSU
Janitor (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMay 15, 2018
The job was simple. I was basically Janitorial staff and Gym Bouncer: managing people with access to the CCSU gyms and cleaning equipment and machines. Job wasn't hard in the slightest but wasn't that engaging either. Pay was alright, not bad in the slightest. Only complaint was we couldn't utilize time for studying or any class related material. Overall, alright job.
Pros
Not hectic, calming environment
Cons
Inability to utilize free time for homework, study, etc.
Fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTApril 10, 2018
As a recreational manager, it's my responsibility to help manage and maintain a safe environment in all center. I also helped to train new employees and assist with requests from other departments if needed.
Pros
free clothing
Cons
none at all
Central Conneticut State University
Advocate (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTMarch 6, 2018
My typical day on the job is finding new and fun ways to bring awareness to assault on and off campus. I also help provide different resources and support information.
I have learned many different and eye opening information from this job. This job has given me an amazing experience helping people even by the littlest ways. Helping people learn more about assault and proving that myths are just that ...myths. That it could happen to ANYONE at ANYTIME.
The work place is a very positive work place. I love just working my co-workers on a subject that some people usually push to the side or keep quiet about.
The hardest part about the job for me is just wanting to do more. I want to do so much more to let everyone know about this topic. I want to help people gain their voice and to know that it will be ok and that you are NOT alone.
very busy environment to work at
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMarch 5, 2018
Helping student and staff, I had to handle the traveling affairs of the Chairman for the Engineer Department. When ordering items and supplies for the different engineer professor was a great challenging experience for me. Paying close attention to details models and series number was the key.
Pros
meeting and talking to different professor in the college and other colleges.
Cons
lunch area was far from my building.
Awesome!
Computer Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMarch 1, 2018
I wokred in here part-time as a student worker. We had a grand time, would hang out after work, helped each other, and stayed together through tough times. 10/10, would work again... as a student.

Want to know more about Central Connecticut State University?

Ask a question
Very exciting place to work with different area of skills on any given day.
General Trade Worker (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTFebruary 25, 2018
Typical day at work is showing up, getting some work orders, getting the proper tools and parts for the job then proceed to work. Learned to work safely while focusing on what you are doing. Management is done in a professional manner thus at the end satisfying the customers. Work place culture is of such that I enjoy working here. The hardest part of the job is not being able to find out what is wrong. Doing repairs safely and effectively with success is the most enjoyable part of each job in a timely fashion for the customer'
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
It was fine
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTFebruary 5, 2018
I worked in an office as a student worker in an administrative assistant position. The other employees were nice, but I often got bored with the lack of things to do.
CCSU Information Technology
Computer Support Assistant, Information Services (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTFebruary 5, 2018
My position started well in August 2007; however, the work culture in the office is focused on management as opposed to employees in the department. I am expected to maintain high customer service standards, but our self-service portals leave many customers confused.
Pros
Opportunties to take certification exams
Cons
No advancement opportunities, low salary, no decision making powers
Productive and friendly work environment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJanuary 17, 2018
My Supervisor used to assign work to I used to and I used to finish my work with in stipulated time frame. My supervisor was very helpful and easy to approach to. It was a wonderful learning experinece, working with Central Connecticut State University.
Great Workplace environment and room for improvement
On-Site Support Technician (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJanuary 8, 2018
Enjoyed working with a vast number of people closer to my age as well as everyone who was knowledgeable in their job field. Manager was great as well as everyone else. Everyone taught each other new things so that future technology issues could be understood quicker and solved hastily.
Fun workplace with very supportive management and staff
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTDecember 31, 2017
As a student worker, it was challenging at first to balance school and work. However, my boss told me on the first day that school comes first, so if I ever needed to adjust my hours, that would be do-able. I have since been working at Central for a little over 3 years now and I love it. The main part of my job is data entry and data check, which is very important because I am the last person to see the information before it gets published anywhere. My co-workers are always very supportive and they show their appreciation for me by buying me lunch every now and then.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Office hours sometimes conflict with my class times
Police Department
Police Sergeant (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTDecember 29, 2017
I have enjoyed the years I have spent at Central Connecticut State University, I have had an opportunity to work in a modern Community Policing Police Department.
Pros
Preparing young people for their future
fun worklace
Fitness Attendant (Current Employee) –  CTDecember 20, 2017
Flexible Hours. Great Staff. I really enjoyed working there throughout my time in college. This is a college job for students looking to earn money in-between class's
Challenging and rewarding.
English Instructor, part-time (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTNovember 6, 2017
An opportunity to teach, lead, and give back to the promising youth of tomorrow. Academics will appreciate the atmosphere of challenge and intellectual stimulation offered with the variety of students from all walks of life and varying levels of preparation for this university experience. Furthermore, teaching English at Central is an experience that provides exposure to new and innovative teaching methodologies which enhance teaching proficiency.
Pros
Learning and teaching at the growing edge of the field
Cons
Declining enrollment and limited funding as resulting from state budget crisis
Calm environment
Receptionist, Veteran Affairs Office (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTNovember 6, 2017
The office I work in is a calm environment with great coworkers and an understanding supervisor. I am also student, so time is a factor for studying, my supervisor understands this and allows me to do assignments while at work.