Central Connecticut State University Employee Reviews

Work-study position taught administrative basics
Administrative Assistant, Athletic Department (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTOctober 3, 2018
I worked here as part of a work-study program for financial aide. Learned a lot about administrative assisting. Supervisor was very knowledgable and managers were also very helpful.
Fun and stimulating workplace
Biology Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CT24September 17, 2018
I really enjoying the teaching biology and ecology labs there. Not only were the students learning from me but I was learning from the students and follow staff member as well. The position boosted my self confidence because it helped me realize that I could do more than I had thought possible. I
Pros
Mentally stimulating
Cons
No health benefits
Productive and positive work experience
SETUP CREW/OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJuly 29, 2018
Every work day was different and presented new challenges, keeping the experience fresh. Management and co-workers always worked towards a positive experience and celebrated the accomplishments of those who worked hard. There were many opportunities for growth and the balance of school and work was always important to the staff.
Pros
Understanding management, easy work-life balance, many growth opportunities
Cons
Only part-time
Productive and fun workplace with awareness of the cultural differences.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJuly 20, 2018
I had worked at IELP in CCSU as a graduate assistant during my MS in TESOL. The management, my colleagues, and the students were all great. I was so eager to teach my students and complete the tasks each time I went to my workplace. Everybody was genuinely so kind and nice to each other. I never counted the hours or looked at the time to leave.
Productive and educational
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJuly 18, 2018
While working at Central Connecticut State University I interacted with various people and was able to work in a friendly and productive environment. The management was helpful and collaborative with an problems that arise during the work day . I learned to assist customers with their individual needs.
Enjoyable place to work, Co workers are generally very friendly
Retail Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Student CenterJuly 6, 2018
Advanced from Catering Chef to associate Manager and the Retail manager for Central University
A very friendly place to work.
The hardest Part of the job was making sure Associates were doing what they were supposed to be doing.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Benefits
Cons
some late hours
Part time
REPORTER, NEWSLETTER (Former Employee) –  New BritaiJune 28, 2018
As a part time employee I cannot attest to daily ins and outs of working at CCSU but I can say I very much enjoyed working there. I had a lot of independence in my position but worked with a team to present a well rounded publication. My supervisor was helpful and enthusiastic. The pay was fair.
Its an okay position
Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 27, 2018
Its not a bad position, there are just some things that seem iffy with the position. From time to time there will be times where it'll be slow paced and boring, so bring a book. Other times it would be fast paced.
Pros
Easy going from time to time
Cons
Monotonous
I did not work here, but went to school
General Studys (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 15, 2018
I did not work here, but went to school. This was my college experience for when I graduated high school in 1999. I choose to go to CCSU based on location.
Very collaborative and relaxed
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 2, 2018
I was just a student worker but, the atmosphere is light and everyone was super helpful when needed. The work load wasn't crazy but sometimes we had some technical glitches that slowed things down at times but, overall a good experience.
Poor management
Professor (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMay 20, 2018
Not a good place to work and learn.
Very bureaucratic organization.
So many stressful teachers and unmotivated students.
Not a conducive environment
Pros
good benefits
Cons
people are racist and sexist
Average Day as a RECentral Worker at CCSU
Janitor (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMay 15, 2018
The job was simple. I was basically Janitorial staff and Gym Bouncer: managing people with access to the CCSU gyms and cleaning equipment and machines. Job wasn't hard in the slightest but wasn't that engaging either. Pay was alright, not bad in the slightest. Only complaint was we couldn't utilize time for studying or any class related material. Overall, alright job.
Pros
Not hectic, calming environment
Cons
Inability to utilize free time for homework, study, etc.
Fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTApril 10, 2018
As a recreational manager, it's my responsibility to help manage and maintain a safe environment in all center. I also helped to train new employees and assist with requests from other departments if needed.
Pros
free clothing
Cons
none at all
Central Conneticut State University
Advocate (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTMarch 6, 2018
My typical day on the job is finding new and fun ways to bring awareness to assault on and off campus. I also help provide different resources and support information.
I have learned many different and eye opening information from this job. This job has given me an amazing experience helping people even by the littlest ways. Helping people learn more about assault and proving that myths are just that ...myths. That it could happen to ANYONE at ANYTIME.
The work place is a very positive work place. I love just working my co-workers on a subject that some people usually push to the side or keep quiet about.
The hardest part about the job for me is just wanting to do more. I want to do so much more to let everyone know about this topic. I want to help people gain their voice and to know that it will be ok and that you are NOT alone.
very busy environment to work at
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMarch 5, 2018
Helping student and staff, I had to handle the traveling affairs of the Chairman for the Engineer Department. When ordering items and supplies for the different engineer professor was a great challenging experience for me. Paying close attention to details models and series number was the key.
Pros
meeting and talking to different professor in the college and other colleges.
Cons
lunch area was far from my building.
Awesome!
Computer Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMarch 1, 2018
I wokred in here part-time as a student worker. We had a grand time, would hang out after work, helped each other, and stayed together through tough times. 10/10, would work again... as a student.
Very exciting place to work with different area of skills on any given day.
General Trade Worker (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTFebruary 25, 2018
Typical day at work is showing up, getting some work orders, getting the proper tools and parts for the job then proceed to work. Learned to work safely while focusing on what you are doing. Management is done in a professional manner thus at the end satisfying the customers. Work place culture is of such that I enjoy working here. The hardest part of the job is not being able to find out what is wrong. Doing repairs safely and effectively with success is the most enjoyable part of each job in a timely fashion for the customer'
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
It was fine
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTFebruary 5, 2018
I worked in an office as a student worker in an administrative assistant position. The other employees were nice, but I often got bored with the lack of things to do.
CCSU Information Technology
Computer Support Assistant, Information Services (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTFebruary 5, 2018
My position started well in August 2007; however, the work culture in the office is focused on management as opposed to employees in the department. I am expected to maintain high customer service standards, but our self-service portals leave many customers confused.
Pros
Opportunties to take certification exams
Cons
No advancement opportunities, low salary, no decision making powers
Productive and friendly work environment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJanuary 17, 2018
My Supervisor used to assign work to I used to and I used to finish my work with in stipulated time frame. My supervisor was very helpful and easy to approach to. It was a wonderful learning experinece, working with Central Connecticut State University.