Central Contra Costa Sanitary District Employee Reviews

Not hospitable place to be
Operator in training (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAAugust 15, 2018
Not Operator in training friendly/ shadowed Operators., but they were reluctant to train Not a very friendly enviroment. No hands on training. Qick paced Mooral needs to get better.
Pros
location site
Cons
Operators reluctant to teach
Excellent experience in operational safety
Operations Safety and Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CANovember 7, 2016
At the plant operational level, I taught courses in many aspects of safety, i.e. respirator protection, confined space, hearing conservation, excavation, HAZMAT response, etc. I bought and maintained many direct read instruments for gases and particulates. Gained experience in sampling silica, chlorine, H2S, flammables, oxygen, CO. etc. Good experience!
Pros
Nice place to work with good benefits
Cons
A few difficult personalities
Overall a Great Place to Work
Engineering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Martinez, CAFebruary 17, 2016
My family has worked at Central San for 3 generations. The company has always provided a way for its employees to advance and better themselves. The compensation is great and the benefits are decent. The hardest part of the job is trying not to step on any toes as this is a very large waste water facility with lots of employees, but that isn't difficult for a nice motivated individual. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the weekends as a relatively normal work schedule means weekend trips are always an option. This facility is also right next to the freeway, but traffic can be horrible in the area.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits, Co-Workers, accesability
Cons
stinky
What can I say, I stayed 29 years.
Operator I / Training and Resources Technician (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAMay 24, 2015
Honest, hard working people doing a job no one wants to even think about.
A great combination of science, technology, manual labor and public relations in the service of protecting public health.
Pros
good pay, interesting, good esprit de corps
Cons
the public's perception of the industry
Productive and relaxed work environment with ability to learn new concepts and talk with educated people
Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAMay 1, 2015
Central San was a very educational experience. Typically I worked day to day with staff engineers and project managers reviewing project documents and overseeing treatment plant construction and operations.
Pros
Regular meetings for health and safety, lunch with coworkers, ability to take time to explore and learn about plant, freedom to educate self in certain principles
Cons
Working at a waste water treatment plant, smell
Friendly, productive work environment
Assistant to Risk Manager, Specials Project (Current Employee) –  Martinez, CAMarch 1, 2014
I'm currently researching FEMA issues relative to the District.