Central Florida Health Employee Reviews

A good place of work.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMay 15, 2019
In this company I had a good experience of work. The work in the hospital, with the patient was excellent. My coworkers help me to adaptation to work in the hospital, and to rise skills in my work place.
I had a good communication with the patient, to raise English language.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLApril 20, 2019
I worked a typical day of 12 hours plus. I learned a great deal from the staff, managers as well as co-workers. I had no issue with the workplace culture.
Overworked and underpaid
Nutrition Assistant/Cafeteria Cashier (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FL 32159April 11, 2019
Typically work overtime, not acknowledged for your dependability. Required to ride a shuttle back and forth to parking lot so you need to arrive early and expect to wait before you get to your car. You are just a means to their end.
Worst hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLApril 11, 2019
When you are used to reputable teaching hospitals & then come here you will be shocked! They are not up to date on evidence based medicine. Doctors rarely communicate with nurses or patients. Management is so far remove & don’t know what’s going on or truly care. When you bring issues up or concerns nothing changes. The attitude & the way people talk & gossip about each other is insane. Call lights are going off & monitor alarms & they are just sitting in the break room eating snacks or sitting there not even caring. You license is at jeopardy working here!
Amazing team workers
RN (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLApril 10, 2019
We are like a family, we support each other in many ways; outside reunion like big family. Managers are always available to listen, they are very understanding and flexible to your needs.
Pros
Good communication
Cons
low salary
Awsome staff, great Docotor nurse relationship
Critical Care Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMarch 30, 2019
CFH is a wonderful place to work! The patient and staff engagement is incredible. . The foundation supports community efforts and staff education. I have learned multiple skills including team leadership.
Easy job, cool environment if you can tolerate a little attitude
Patient Sitter (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMarch 29, 2019
Patient sitting is not for the weak. 9/10 your patient will not want you in there and may become physical or simply verbally abuse you the entire time you’re there. You cannot do anything about it. If you work overnight, good luck having someone come bail you out of a sticky situation in a timely fashion. Develop thick skin. Sometimes the nurse is nice and looks out for you, sometimes they don’t. It’s really the luck of the draw.
Pros
Relaxed, little expectation
Cons
Risk of harm, whether physical or mental.
Busy healthcare environment, but never a dull moment
Sr. Executive Assistant, Administration (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMarch 21, 2019
Administration is always busy. There is always a constant flow of meetings going on, so we meet a variety of individuals from all over the states. We have a great Leadership group, and they are a pleasure to work for. My peers are also a pleasure to work with. They make the days enjoyable, even if a particular day is trying. We all work as a team. I can't really say that there is any hard part to this job, but some days it is a little busier that others, but we work through it, always with a smile.
Pros
lunches, cookies, treats, etc.
Cons
patient complaints
DIRECTOR OF INPATIENT REHABILITATION FACILITY (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLMarch 20, 2019
Everyone is friendly eager to help each other out and sincerely kind to each other. The directors are a tight knit group that will do anything for each other to help them succeed. Some of the staff do not realize how wonderful it is to work here compare to other places.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Parking
Great Team to work with, Great doctors
Operating Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMarch 18, 2019
The coworkers you work with will be one of the best parts of your job. The hospital did not stay competitive with pay though. You could be at that hospital for years and still make as much or less than a new hire.
Disorganized and untrustworthy
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMarch 16, 2019
The CNO is a bowtie wearing, self-absorbed tyrant

Your employment can end at a moments notice if you're seen as unpopular

They put convicted felons in positions of patient care (truth).

Many of the nursing supervisors will trash talk thier subordinates and crack crude, vulgar jokes.. if you don't laugh, you won't have your job very long..
Pros
Nice fountain in the parking lot
Cons
Cons are everywhere. They even have 'cons' jn patient care!
Great Staff
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMarch 11, 2019
ER staff is great. As well as the ER director. Not much if any contact with upper management, and appears to discredit the value of the ER. Overall it is a great ER to be a part of. Great team work and coworker help.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Working under the "productivity" management model
Productivity
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLFebruary 22, 2019
I have Learned how to do vitals, ekg, and use a bladder scan, on how to deal with hard patients, hard employees. I have mastered boosting people.
We have became a family. Everyone looks out for each other
Very busy
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLFebruary 19, 2019
This is a very fast paced environment
Good co-workers
Nice to have meals taken from payroll if its needed
Nice set schedule and often times overtime is available if your interested
The younger coworkers are cool, the older ones were bitter and rude
Nutrition assistant (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLFebruary 12, 2019
Working for LRMC was truly an experience. I never worked for a hospital before so I was definitely excited working there. Maybe after a month it got old fast. If you work a day shift you get eight hours but if you worked night you would get three to four hours. Your check would look like you worked 3 days a week instead of the five to six days you worked. The older workers who have been there ten plus years ,all talked about you and have everybody all in your business. The Upper management was a nasty lady who was nice to you one moment ,but would fire you the next if you “talked back”. She wouldn’t let you move up and HR would immediately let her know if you applied for a different department She would rather fire you before letting you move on from the department. Some coworkers were lazy and hide from doing their jobs, while some of us worked together to do our job plus someone else’s. They would give you $6.50 for food. But everything is overpriced that if you did a double, you would only eat for breakfast and pay out your pocket for the rest of the day.
Pros
$6.50 lunch, coworkers
Cons
Upper management, no advancement
Don't work here you will regret it
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Villages,FlJanuary 31, 2019
Biggest mistake you will make is working here. Turn over for nurses is 74%, all other clinical staff turnover is 65%. POOR administration, even worse Dept directors, and lower level management. Wages are well below any standard, only decent thing is PTO. But they call people off and send people home early for 9 months (all slow season). This place is a joke and promise you,you will regret applying here.
Pros
Not one thing is good about this place
Cons
Administrative staff, managers, and patients who are so self absorbed.
working on the floor
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 22, 2019
I learned EKG glucose and bladder scanning. Take care of patients. Bathing patients.Working with the nurses. Its a fast pasteing you do vitals and you document. You document Foley and bowel movements
Pros
free meals at holidays
Cons
short breaks
I loved this place
Anesthesiologist Tech CVOR (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLJanuary 16, 2019
The opportunity I had working in CVOR here at Leesburg Hospital was amazing. It opend up my eyes to what I really loved about the medical field. My passion for cardiovascular was fully lit by working here.
Great er enviornment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLJanuary 10, 2019
I loved my job in the ER, but administration was changed and so did the entire ER. Employee turn over changed drastically. People who worked there for years and ended up leaving. I wish things stayed the same, but they basically tried to get everyone to leave.
We work well with one another. We are like a smooth running machine.
Cardiovascular Specialist (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLJanuary 5, 2019
Work schedule is self scheduling which is a nice perk. Little turn over. Director is fantastic and caring for her department and patient care! I recommend working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Florida Health. Our community is ready to answer.