Central Florida Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Great working environment
Lead Mammographer (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLNovember 6, 2018
I was hired right out of my program from Keiser University and was immediately placed with someone to help me do well.

Though some employees chose to stay in the position they were hired to, others wanted to move up. This hospital gives you all the opportunity you need to move up.
over worked, do not follow their original plans. For example, became a trauma center two years ago. Were told with fresh trauma's we would be a one
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLOctober 29, 2018
we would be a one to one. That occurred in the beginning and no longer. We are short staffed all the time, because ICU nurses have to now also staff the entire hospital because of their lack of proper staffing and inability to retain employees. Their is no CNA, secretary, or resource nurse in the unit. Equipment is faulty, must seek and search for paper work, and supplies when needed. And medications are often having to be looked for in other pyxis such as in the med/surg floors, and other work areas. Definitely, work at your own risk and ambition. You might be disappointed unless you like so many other nurses don't care now a days about being the best nurse possible.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLOctober 15, 2018
I've worked with Central Florida Regional for over 1 year in the ICU. I find it very rewarding work. The staff and management are constantly impressing me and I'm grateful for the experience I've had there.
Pros
Free coffee in the cafeteria for employees
Student
Radiologic Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Radiology DepartmentSeptember 17, 2018
I was a student, I was not an employee of Florida Hospital Sanford or Florida Hospital Deland. I did enjoy the work atmosphere and experience while I was a student there.
Pros
Great employees to work with
Cons
I was only a student
Workplace culture
ED Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLSeptember 3, 2018
The mission is unrecognized and the workplace culture is less favored. However the pay is better than other locations. Not familiar with the changes since I last worked there.
Good company
HIM Specialist and Medical Record Technician (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJuly 25, 2018
CFRH was a great place to work. Good benefits, raises, health insurance, 401K, etc. I enjoyed working for this company, but unfortunately I moved on to new endeavors in a new career field and was sent home to do transcription from home instead of in-house.
multiple job opportunities provided to me
Surgical Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJuly 25, 2018
Learned multiple positions within CFRH.
Most managers were polite and accommodating.
Hardest part of Scheduling Coordinator was placement of work space. Very loud environment and many disruptions through out the shift.
Most enjoyable part of my job, all of them with HCA was knowing I was in some way helping others. patients and staff as well.
Benefits
Cons
Work Space as noted above
Great Place to Work
ICU Clinical Educator (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 26, 2018
Small community hospital. Friendly staff. The hospital offers a lot of patient care services like a Level II trauma status and a comprehensive heart program.
na
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 25, 2018
my time of employment here, was so many years ago , that my assessment would not serve the company. I am certain work place policy, environment, and duties have changed.
kristen nilsen
Rehab Unit / Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 17, 2018
Care for rehab patients
Medications, PO and IV
Wound rounds with the doctors, making care plans and implementing them.
Family meetings, planning discharges
FIM charting according to CME regulations
Pros
work culture
Cons
getting cancelled for low census
Strives to live true to its mission statement and vision.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 12, 2018
Company lends itself to the growth and development of its staff and strives to achieve outcome -based and quality patient care. It encourages a culture of caring among staff .
Pros
Staff recognition events, treats.
Cons
short breaks
Student Intern
Trauma Lead Therapist (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLMay 16, 2018
Great experience overall, as a student I was able to observe and learn from a great physical therapist. The rehab team was also very supportive of my learning
Working with mechanics
Mechanic II PRN - Plant Operations (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLMay 6, 2018
Great friendly people. Orientation meetings first 15-20 minutes of mornings. Assignment of duties needed to be addressed for the day. Routine walks and checks for maintenance and repairs. Fulfill work orders that come in for repairs or assembly. Assist security when needed.
Cfr
Registered Nurse, Quality Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLApril 11, 2018
Central Florida Regional Hospital is a great work environment with a good work/life balance. The staff is friendly and they are really expanding their hospitals.
Patient First
PCT/CNA (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FL 32771March 30, 2018
One of the things involved in there Mission Statement was Quality patient care, patient advocacy, & Patient 1st but that never seemed to be the case 100 %% each & everyday.

WHY?? We were short staffed most days. Patient load per person was 1 CNA to 13-16 patients or 1 RN to 6-7 or 8 patients including discharges & admissions.

Therefore, if you do not have the proper amount of Nurse's, CNA'S, or other Medical Professionals needed to operate on every unit the patients do not get the Quality one on one care that they deserve on a daily basis while admitted in the hospital
Part time
OPEN HEART ICU- PART TIME (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 22, 2018
Needs a lot of improvement in the entire system. poor charting system, unsafe for new grads and new hires. Less help from co workers. Needs improvement in team work. No avenue to advance career.
Pros
Relaxed environment.
Cons
Dead end career.
Productive and fun
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLMarch 15, 2018
I start by getting report from the night shift, then introduce myself to my patients, and ask them what they would like to see happening today. By including to patients to the plan of care, they are more likely to participate. I continue by checking the labs and ordering replacement for those that need replacement. I have to make phone calls to Doctors as needs for consults, patients complications like changes in the health status, The day goes on with medication administration and other patients'needs, like water, bed changes, baths, wound care if applied. the hardest part of the job is to find time for a decent break. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see a smile in my patient after a job well done.
Pros
tuition reimbursement, flexibility.
Cons
Short to no break
Not The Best
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLFebruary 25, 2018
CFRH is far from the best place to work. The management there only cares about the bottom line. They focus more on the budget that anything else. They're always staffed wrong and never have the supplies needed to care for patients.
Benefits
Fat paced envirnment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLFebruary 15, 2018
Fast paced environment, great co workers. Enjoyable place to work, great management team. I would recommend working at this facility.
Located in Sanford FL
Run
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLJanuary 25, 2018
All around terrible place to work. Faulty equipment, incompetent employees, understaffed, and dirty. The 401k is garbage, along with the unaffordable health care benefits. Really stinks that this is the closest hospital.
Pros
PTO accumulation
Cons
Understaffed, incompetent management/directors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Florida Regional Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight