Central Freight Lines

Central Freight Lines Employee Reviews

I like the people I worked with.
Worker got alone n helped each other. The hours was split shift. I need that at the time because of other things I had going on in my life. I would work for them again.
Pros
Split shift
Cons
To much family work their.
New Management - Loving the Grind
Driven by team goals vs personal endeavors. Although, personal success is nonetheless heralded. Managers are held accountable and a lot of change has happened in our company within the 6 months. Glad I stuck around.
Horrible work enviornment
The San Antonio terminal is ran very poorly. Workers get away with coming in late, no call no shows, damaging freight, breaking safety guidelines... with zero repercussions. Terminal and Operation mangers are lazy and half the time have no idea what is going on. They make things personal at work. The supervisors for the dock shifts are clueless. Dock workers run the shift.

If you're okay with zero direction, picking up others slack, doing the supervisors job for him while he doesn't show up or leaves work to go trick or treating. This job is definitely the job for you.

A scratch my back, break yours type job.
Central Freight Lines
A very strong company that takes the quality of work serious. This company is all about customer satisfaction and getting the job done in a timely manner.
Read before applying
Poor management!!!! Dispatchers are on a high horse....Safety is an issue they do not follow safety regulations and when brought to their attention they ignore. Not well organized. Seniority is first. Company does not pay on time! Would not recommend to work for this company
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
You're on your own
Antiquated practices, inefficient procedures, low morale, non-existent culture, no support, not enough pay for all that is asked of you, just not a good company to work for overall.
Great Place to work
Great place to break into the business. The management is very Friendly and easy to work for. Great hours and they are easy to work for. Great location as well.
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
pay and equipment
The hardest part of my job.
The hardest part of my day is being expected to fix equipment without having the necessary parts. Explaining why equipment isn't being fixed in a timely manner without having necessary parts to fix tube equipment.
Three and a half stars.
Pays well, five days a week, close to home, your not really hassled by dispatch or management. The down side of this job is it is hard physical labor as well as driving. Long hours, up to 14 per day. Long waiting on loads at times. The insurance is reasonably priced, but sucks. Equipment is old and in disrepair, but they are bringing in newer trucks lately.
Fair
Good start off company to learn and get your feet wet ,the pay is at the bottom compared to other Ltl companies but overall it's a stable environment.
Great place to work!
The manager was a great guy..he always told us everyday that we were doing a great job. It was great except for one person that criticized everyone..but other than that..everyone else was awesome.!!
Okay
Old dock, old forklifts ugly trailers no sick pay weekends off no raises and no overtime pay no hours over 40 average 35 to 40 good workers bad supervisors
Central was a great place to work when I was there. Plenty of overtime if you wanted to work.
Worked there as a young man while going to college they were flexible with my hours. Provided me an opportunity to learn how to drive tractor trailer and acquire my CDL
Dont work for them
We worked for them offered them trucks and labor we have been waiting for payment nothing yet they owe more than 85,000 in past due invoices horrible accounting department can never get a hold of whoever writes the checks and when we ask for status on payment they say "no status yet" like Im asking when are you sending our payment. Honestly I dont know how this company has not gotten sued yet
N/a
None - it would be too revealing because the company didn't have a representation at this geographical location until I was hired. Created the foundation there.
The worse company to work for.
My experience in a nutshell... The worse company I ever worked for.... Twice we all didn't get paid on pay day.... Management was the worse... And at the end the entire office got laid off after telling us how great we were as a new office....
A decent work place
A decent place to be employed at and with time grow a career in. A chance to see many areas of the country. Meet many places, and people of all ages..
Great company
Great company to work for with health insurance and benefits and driving freight liner trucks and work good hours and get good paycheck and co workers get alone with each other well.
I was good and vacation was nice when you could take it
Terminal manager would stab you in the back and never let you know what was going on and then call into you out for something another driver didNever could do anything right you were always wrong
Worst company
Central Freight lines has to be the worst company I've for in my entire life. Bad customer accounts, lots hand freight. Employees come in hours late or skip days if not weeks and management gives them a slap on the hand as if nothing had ever happened. Most employees are convicts. The company stacks on hazmat. Prep for long hours.. Yes it's true they can't pay their bills.
Pros
They will not fire you. Everyone just leaves
Cons
Low pay, long hours, negative culture, damaged freight, old equipment, two faced people, poor accounts
Dont waste your time
Bad equipmemt lowest pay when it come to LTL and drivers get blamed for everthing. New managment is horrible. Trucks always have an issue and the mechanic is a little kid. Overtime starts after 50hr the company is rigged for you not to grow and make more money. So please be my guest and try it out.
Pros
Really nothing
Cons
Everything is against you