Central Freight Lines Employee Reviews

By far the most relaxed and stress work place as a P & D driver
P&D Driver (Current Employee) –  Conley, GAApril 13, 2019
Central is my first LTL local driver job so far good. I think in do time central could easily rank in the top 10 LTL carriers in Atlanta. Central provide great training and also give u a chance to succeed.
Pros
Dispatch keep you busy
Cons
Well only thing I could think of is getting paid bi weekly
This place is a great starter job for trucking
Lead Dockworker Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 10, 2019
Everybody here was and is always helpful you just have to ask if you don't know something and they will teach you right then and there. i will always say that central freight lines is a great company to work for.
Pros
they will work with your home life and make sure you get enough hours to pay your bills
Cons
It's an open air dock.
It’s a fun & friendly environment to work at
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 9, 2019
One day I was at work & I didn’t know to turn the paint on the trucks I kept trying so a co worker came over & help me with it cause we will get in trouble if we bust the paint it’s a friendly environment .
Pros
Good food
Cons
No breaks
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAApril 8, 2019
Great place to work if looking for such a part time job lots of people to help and show you other ways of getting things done in a way where there’s not much tools but still doing it right .
a place to get your experience
Freight Handler/yard Jockey (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 7, 2019
i spent a year working for central in that time frame business was slow hours where cut and there was no pay raise managment was poor to many promises but no changes.
I love the job there the problem I seen not paying bills equipment needed to better condition, no mechanic either sent out or driver work on itother t
LEADMAN (Former Employee) –  Ringgold, GAApril 1, 2019
Go in punch in check dock make sure trailers chock that cones where in place.Check equipment had oil etc check computer to see what had coming back to terminal.Put trailers in doors if needed move. Then start unloding for outbound that night manifest trailer see what linehaul wanted us to do seal trailers then get ready to call it night an head home.Rugs hate them morning shift didnt take time to make decesions stuff like should be noise loaded not in the middle or tail it should nose up so next terminal can load behind common sence
Pros
Free lunch once a year some of the people
Cons
Health care
Good Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 27, 2019
Good place to work for
Great environment
Excellent management
Loved going to work everyday
Team environment
Bonus
Pay raises
Great company all together
Pros
Cons
N/a
New Warehouse a new break room are great
P&D Driver delivering Freight (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 11, 2019
Just moved into a new Warehouse 130 door terminal very unorganized not enough trailers or tractors for the drivers that are already there need to hire more drivers I get better equipment to get the job done drivers load their own trucks terminal manager there's awesome overall it's an okay place to work could be a great place to work with a few improvements and hiring more drivers and getting better equipment
Pros
Brand new terminal with a great break room
Cons
Old equipment and you have to load your own truck
horrible place to work
Dock Supervisor/Warehouse Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2019
I would not advise anyone to work here.
The culture is horrible.
No one, not a single person working here cares about their job
All of the forklifts are damaged - very difficult to find one in working order daily
I had a good experience while I was there
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95838February 25, 2019
I absolutely loved working with the crew at the time that I was there. I felt like everyone had a solid respect for each other and the positions. Jack the Terminal Manager was very warm with his employees and treated everyone like his family, he was very fair with all. Unfortunately, there were cutbacks, and I got laid off due to least seniority. I would work for them again.
Pros
Fair work environment
Cons
Old facilities and equipment
Productive work place and flexible
Linehaul Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth TexasFebruary 8, 2019
I enjoy my job, manager, and people I work with. I do wish we received raises. I wish there was room for growth in the position I am in but there is not. However, it is an easy place to work.
Pros
Flexible and great manager
Cons
No raises, incentives etc.
Its okits a job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 29, 2019
Well my experience at central its not pleasant. If you are not and kisser you are not welcome.they put manager that dont have experienced and to the The paid is not that great.they need better equipment. They have a manager in a position that he dont have a clue.he was a driver and was one of the worst driver and became a distpacher. Then a terminal manager.no clue what so ever.
Pros
Its a job.
bad place
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 24, 2019
Bad company and wasting time...............................................

The management is bad and they don't know all the time and they don't care ..........................

Bad equipment and they don't care of the trucks and trailers. Most of the guys there the only thing is how to finish their day anyway.......................................................... Don't Recommend it to anybody...................
Pros
Not reco
Cons
Not reco
bad work environment..
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Conover, NCJanuary 23, 2019
Bad work environment..2 brothers are in charge so if you have a problem like being cussed at from the brother that's the in bound supervisor (which happens regularly)there is no use to complain because the older brother that's the terminal supervisor is Not going to do anything about it....In bound supervisor constantly talks trash about employees to other employees.Its also hard to keep a positive attitude when you constantly hear how stupid upper management in Charlotte is...Some one in upper management should really look into the situation before we lose any more employees...This could really be a good place to work if we had a good management team that cared about the employees and the company instead of themselves.This location has lost alot of good drivers in the last 2 years..And now the word is out that this place sucks all because of the management.The only one that treats you with respect is the out bound supervisor..We are getting a new CEO so hopefully things will get better...
Pros
good team of drivers ..the ones that are left anyway
Cons
poor management...waiting on trailers to get here in mornings from charlotte.
Its all cut trout and butt kissing if u dont kiss butt u dont get no were
P&D Driver (Current Employee) –  Conover, NCJanuary 19, 2019
Worse place ive ever worked the butt kisser drivers get treated like kings the none butt kissers lget the shaft any body goes to work there would be stupid
Equipment is they dont have mo ey for parts if your truck breaks and theont have another one u dont work
Getting any hrs over time is in possible
Pros
Cons
U work there u will lose your self respect and kick yourself for going there
Good place
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 2, 2019
It was constant hustle bustle. I got laid off. It changed when I left, it was an okay place to work, I wouldn't go back though. It was a long time ago when i worked there.
Productive work place
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 18, 2018
Central Freight Lines was a good place to work because we work in a timely matter and always get the job done on time. It is also a fun work environment because we work as a team and get along.
P&d or ltl
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 4, 2018
well you check the day before to check your start time and route then you come in and clock in and get your truck and that can be a tractor trailer or a box truck for the day then do your walk round then check your route freight for the run then get your pallet jack and start your run then watch your tablet for pick up's then once you get done back to the yard and back up to a door and then a post trip and then check the list for your start time for the next day then clock out and go home
Central CS
Current Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 28, 2018
I love the job here and I am still employed. Wouldn't change my job for the world but money does talk and my work ethic will show it..I love the fact they have been here for me in every situation. Very understanding.. I am really looking for a part time job for extra money so I really dont want to leave..
Pros
Very Flexible
Ok job
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 23, 2018
It was an ok job but it was part time and the people were cool to work with. Favoritism was involved. No room for advancement. Promised raise and never recieved one.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
not enough hours