Central Freight Lines Employee Reviews

Good Company to work for
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 8, 2018
Central hire part time and when it gets slow you will be the first one to let go because of being part time. This company rarely hire Full time employees. But they will give a raise at the end of the year.
Night shift
Forklift Operator,Spotter Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXMay 8, 2018
Worked as a Foklift/Spot Truck operator in charge of loading/unloading trucks. Work hours were night shift to early morning which gave me the rest of day with wife.
Competitive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Conley, GAMay 8, 2018
The job was very competitive and challenging. The crew that I worked with was enjoyable. We worked as a team and assisted where needed. Central Freight is not recommended for those who prefer less challenging environments.
Great Learning Experience
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 7, 2018
I was able to progress through the organization. From front line supervision, to unit managment to multi unit management, my hard work and achievements were recognized and rewarded.
Great People to work with
VP (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 5, 2018
The people at the company were top-notch, feeling very much like a family.

The nature of the business is tough and did not allow a lot of growth from a compensation and benefits perspective.
be carefully
Technician (Former Employee) –  Conley, GAApril 28, 2018
you got to gave a 30 day notices to be off that day you want they want you to be a slave to them on 1st shift and rise the roof about pm's you got to do at least 3 night
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2018
Deliver freight to customers at warehouses and stores. Unload and load all types of freight unto trailers. Trained new employees to use the forklift and to learn how to read the bill of lading.
Pros
Dealing with the customers.
Cons
Driving in the rain.
Laid back and Long hours
City pickup & delivery drivet (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 6, 2018
Worked there 1 week,then left for higher paying Fed Ex frt. Worked 55 hrs that week and never Received a paycheck for any of it.Hired at $21.00 per hour.
I'm a Safe Driver in LTL Freight business 29yrs.
Pros
Laid back, plenty of hours
Cons
No paycheck, Resdential deliverys at 10pm.
fun place to work
Diesel Mechanic/Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAApril 5, 2018
Challenge to keep a balance between inventory and maintaining vendor relations due to lack of funds in my terminal. All in all a good company to work for, would work for them again, given better management.
Pros
normal busines hours
Cons
lack of funds prevents me from doing my job professionally.
good overall - it is what you make it-
National Account Director (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 4, 2018
this is a good company, they just grew so fast and lost sight of some customer commitments and balance of integrity- the goals are a bit blurry and the direction does seem to change -
Pros
great people
Cons
some confusion and direct

Want to know more about Central Freight Lines?

Ask a question
Bad Management
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TX 79404April 3, 2018
They are ok to work for but the Manager at my location I was at is very Bad management when he came in he started making a lot of different changes and lost alot of people..
Chill to work at
Dock Worker/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 28, 2018
I enjoyed working at central freight lines.
Ive learned everything like how to load the freight property and I also became a trainer guy and a dock loader with all the supervisor area. And I really like working with everybody they like my second family whenever I'm at work.
Pros
Free bbq sometimes
Cons
They sometimes rush u while u on your lunch time
central freight lines
dock worker (Former Employee) –  Harris County, TXMarch 26, 2018
This is a great company to work for. The most enjoyable thing about this place is the people and the environment, its very welcoming. The management is amazing !
Ok job
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAMarch 20, 2018
This job was ok. It paid decent and was a very relaxed atmosphere. I think it is closed now but I’m really not sure. This job pays less than all of the other LTL.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Bad job
Trainee to Systems Programmer
Systems Programmer (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 19, 2018
It was a great learning environment for myself for starting a whole new career in IT. I learned strong fundamental skills of supporting an IBM mainframe data center and all its related system software.

The hardest part of the job was knowing you did not go home until the problem was resolved. Once we were called into work Wednesday night, and we did not go home until Monday morning. Freight had to be delivered, and the company was losing money when there were any issues with the data center.

The best part of the job was working for a private company that made it through the Great Depression in 1930's, and sharing in its profits when it had a great business year.
Mangers were horrible head boss would mock people
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 4, 2018
Typical day at work we would show up clock in and get straight to work never stopped unless you asked for break which we barely got half the time, i learned how to operate a forklift, the management was horrible always targeting people, the hardest part of the job was being rushed as a new person when i was still learning myself how to get my own pace going to accomplish my job.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Supervisors managers and head bosses were horrible
Not a bad place
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 1, 2018
Communication could be better. Had a good, reliable truck driving partner. When family emergencies arrived or medical issues came up, they were flexible enough.
Great place
Yard Jockey (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Enjoy working there, I like my job. Enjoy the people, constantly encountering one another. Constantly busy, yet very manageable. Work environment lifts your energy to do better. Overall a good company to represent.
The pay was good but not enough time off between runs
Driver (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORFebruary 13, 2018
Pay was good but no benefits were provided for their employees. Asked to work long hours and not given enough time off for rest. Living in Astoria, I was not given the opportunity to make more money like the driver's who lived in ellensburg
Pros
Cons
No vacations or time off. No benefits
Busy and self motivated
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2018
On a day to day basis the environment was calm and quite with everyone doing their part to ensure productivity. Management was nice but unorganized at times. Sometimes management would buy us lunch and breakfast.