Central Garden & Pet
Happiness rating is 49 out of 100

Central Garden & Pet Employee Reviews in Phoenix, AZ

Territory Sales Manager for Arizona and New Mexico- I sell 11 different pet brands. I sell to Brick and Mortar stores. It's a great environment and very enjoyable to help grown small businesses. I am the face of Central Pet and handle ordering, resets, new items, buy backs, employee training and store events.
Official response from Central Garden & Pet
June 10, 2020
Thank you for the positive review. Our TMs are busy people and relied on to make sure all the pet parents can get what they need! Thank you for all you do!
The management gave lots of instructive criticism but also were hard workers. It was a team based environment and they also work well with students. This company I would tell anyone to go work for.
Pros
They worked well with going to school
Cons
Had to use your personal vehicle to drive from location to location.
Official response from Central Garden & Pet
November 5, 2018
Thanks for the great review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience as a merchandiser.
Managed customer information for Central Life Sciences location, overseeing entry into the Master Data customer database; identified policies, procedures and tasks requiring modification, documentation and process improvement; created and updated the electronic Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Master; ensured involvement and input throughout the organization to ensure team environment; developed individual performance measurements for team members and created reporting necessary to track quarterly performance against goals; ensured Personal Development Program training goal milestones were met; organized and participated in department new employee orientation; processed customer orders, credits and debit memos.
I was given the opportunity to learn many different computer programs and methods of doing my job, which allowed me the chance to advance from Typesetter to Graphic Designer. My co-workers were the best, working together to meet deadlines on time and accurately. My supervisor was supportive and trusted me with time-sensitive projects that required attention to detail and accuracy.
This company has gone through many changes during the last 6 years. However, what makes it a great place to work is the people.
Pros
great benefits, good salary + bonus, opportunity to advance.
Cons
travel can be excessive at times. multiple layers of management to deal with.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
CGP-New company, new management - when it was Farnam Company, it was a great company to work for, you felt your contribution mattered.
It was a fast pace atmosphere. Material has to be ship out within 48 hours, I took it upon myself to have it ship out in 24 hours. Some project you had to pay attention to detail and most importantly was accuracy.I got along well with my co-workers. I made some good friends.
Pros
if the company made there goals we all got bonus.
Cons
no overtime
It's a great place to work with great people to work with. My manager lets us work with out micro management, but is there when you need help.