Central Jersey College Prep Charter School Employee Reviews

Tough Management
Health & Physical Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJOctober 12, 2017
CJCP is longer in business. I did not think it would last long because the people managing it were not in education and did not understand the dynamics involved. This was the reason I left. It is now a Chinese school. I do not know anything about it because I have never worked for them.
Great Staff, Poor Principal
In Class Support (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJune 5, 2017
Everyone at the school that I worked with was great - except for the principal. They're friendly, helpful, and all genuinely interested in seeing their students succeed. If it weren't for the management, I would absolutely want to stay.

Benefits are good, but pay is a little bit less than a public school. Lacking a union means high turnover rate as it's easy to get replaced with little explanation.

There's an overemphasis on testing which strains otherwise well-meaning teachers.

Overall: Would recommend, except watch out for a greedy and often absent principal.
Great school
Business Administrator/Board Secretary (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJSeptember 23, 2016
One of the best schools in Somerset area. We became a Blue Ribon Nominee school recently. Last year we got Top 10 Schools and Title I Exmpler School titles.
Fun work place very nice people
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJanuary 28, 2015
Every day at CJCP was a good day!!! The people were amazing from the management staff down to the teachers and students!!!!
Cons
N/a