Central Maine Healthcare Employee Reviews

Extremely unorganized and unprofessional mgmt that micro manage
Referral Specialist/Financial Clearance Team (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEAugust 19, 2019
Mgrs are heavy handed, untrained and micro manage not to show off their faults. I’ve caught mgmt lying several times to get out of a hotspot with their superior mgr. Continual favoritism with certain employees to have eyes/ears on floor to get info from. Very few raises given and when they are given only 2% which is a slap in the face for all of us. Benefits are shown to be a good thing, but actuality are not.
relaxed working environment, team oriented
Central Scheduling Representative (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEAugust 19, 2019
20 employees working as a team helping each other out when needed. management is caring of employees needs and accommodate any request for improvement
Flexible schedule
Record Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEAugust 11, 2019
Flexible work scheduled hours can very start and end time. As long as you do your 8 hour shift. In from 6-10 and can leave 2:30-6:30 Helps if you need to leave early or come in late.
Lack of Management and HR
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rumford, MEJune 24, 2019
I entered multiple harassment complaints in regards to another employee and nothing was done about it for a year plus. I started a year ago in July with nothing but issues from this employee and made complaints since day one to my manager. None of the complaints were sent over to HR. That manager got done, we were left without a new manager for Months and this employee progressively got worse. I personally sent over the complaints to HR and still nothing progressed.
Poor management and fired for health issues
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJune 1, 2019
I was fired for missing too much time. I had to have emergency surgery with complications. At their hospital! Due to not being there 12 months,was not covered with FMLA.
Pros
Discount cafeteria good
Cons
Poor management and time off
Does not do much to reatain employees.
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bridgton, MEApril 12, 2019
Very fast paced, minimal learning opportunities, poor senior management. Benefits are not as good as other employers, especially poor health plan. Does not value its long-term employees.
Cons
poor benefits, breaks often not taken due to work pace
Crumbling work culture, negative environment, poor management
Executive Secretary; Quality and Operations (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEApril 5, 2019
Work environment and culture was negative, stressful, and full of micromanagement. Focus is on leaders and their status, salaries, and the financials.
Pros
Insurance and benefits
Cons
Atmosphere, work culture, senior leadership mentality and vision
ok
Clinical Coordinator-Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgton, ME 04009March 1, 2019
It was a great place to work until they went through an overhaul from a new CEO. Dept was downsized and somewhat eliminated. Teamwork was fabulous and the hospital in Bridgton was the best place.
Acceptable workplace benefits a little lacking
PSR/Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEFebruary 26, 2019
I really enjoyed the position I was in a during this time. I found the medical insurance options quite lacking especially since they are in the field of keeping people healthy
Pros
Comfortable Work Environment
Cons
Sub par health benefits
people being negative
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bridgton, MEFebruary 4, 2019
my typical day at work would be non stop from the beginning of my shift until the end of it. I learned that if you're not in the "Clique" with your co-workers, then you are judged and picked apart on your job performance. Management was disorganized. Several times the only way that I would find out any information would be from co workers that had been there for a number of years. The hardest part of the job was that I always felt unappreciated for what I did. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients.
Pros
plenty of overtime
Cons
don't get your breaks when you're schedule to
Horrible experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJanuary 31, 2019
I transferred from one department in the organization to another. I ended up in outpatient practice and the office I work at and it's employees are so incompetent. Several lab mistakes, like mislabeling blood samples then lying to the patients because of their mistake, just forgetting about the blood sometimes and again lying to the patients about it. They say things like, 'there was something wrong with your blood and the machine couldn't test it.' Many errors in patient's charts. Children getting the wrong immunizations. Just a disgusting place to work. The manager (a female) dresses extremely inappropriate and was always seeking attention from the doctors. The administrator (also a female) dressing inappropriately as well. They should probably have a business casual dress code meeting to decipher the difference between a day at work and being a street walker. Favoritism is shown to certain individuals who would just do whatever was asked of them even if it is unethical. I wouldn't have given this a star at all but I had no option for 0 stars. I work for this organization but would never be seen as a patient at any of it's facilities.
Pros
Cons
too many, see review
alot of management changes in past 2 years
High Risk Care Coordinator/Health Coach (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJanuary 30, 2019
I worked there for 18 years. management was open to hering suggestions.

The hardest part of the job was work load/staffing-usually no replacement if short staffed
Pros
excellent doctors to work with
Cons
compensation/pay varied for same position/experience
Supportive Staff, Great Manager
Central Scheduling Representative (Former Employee) –  MaineJanuary 30, 2019
I had a great relationship with my supervisors and coworkers.
Typical day at work answering phones, as this is call center. Supervisor encouraged being "in the moment" and taking care of each patient as if it was your first call of the day.
Pros
Diverse group
Cons
Filtering calls for offices
Long hours with nights weekends and holidays
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALDecember 13, 2018
We were poorly managed at the time with a lot of conflict and stress amount coworkers, very unappreciated by management with no recognition for going above and beyond
Favoritism and rude employees everywhere that report you for things you don’t do.
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEDecember 10, 2018
The managers favor the employees who have been there longer, rude employees report you for things you didn’t do just so you get in trouble, the manager doesn’t even research the reports, just pulls you in the office telling you what you “did” even if you didn’t do it, basically accusing and pointing fingers. You report someone though, and they do nothing. Especially if it’s someone who’s been there a while, they tell you to get over it, we’re the words exactly said to me by a supervisor. Pretty pathetic. Toxic place to work. Nothing but stress and drama.
Pros
Some good people, like the job, good food
Cons
Expensive cafe prices, rude employees, poor management, favoritism
Supportive Management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bridgton, ME 04009November 8, 2018
The management at CMMC Bridgton Hospital is supportive of it's employees. They strive to make their employees work experience a positive one. There are rewards, if one needs that sort of incentive.
Great endoscopy unit
Endoscopy Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MENovember 6, 2018
Our endoscopy unit at CMMC is fast paced and put through an average of 45 patients per day. One of our patient described us as well organized with love. Our treatment of patients is exceptional. CMMC is a great place to work and I feel fortunate to be part of their vision.
Office work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MENovember 4, 2018
Patient Service Representative at CMMC
Acute Care Clinic
Family Practice
Neurology

It was a fun office to work at and the customer service is awesome.
Have not been employed at CMMC for yrs
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEOctober 7, 2018
Again, I cannot rate CMMC fairly. I did enjoy my employment at CMMC in the early 90's but felt I needed to advance my skill level at the time. Was a very educational experience.
Cut throat work place
Central Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MESeptember 30, 2018
They belittle your work experience. Make you feel that you are violent twards others. The job is constantly changing with me roles every week. As where their most valuable customer service reps their jobs dont change. They place all the work on new employee's. If you are not liked by other employees you are guaranteed to have a out come of constant complaints from your coworkers. They will screen your calls to find faults. Not to help you learn but push you out the door. Seansoned employees have different treatment. Not recommended for a great environment ans self esteam builder. They break you down as a person.