Central Market Employee Reviews

cool
Food Counter Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2018
This place was really cool to work at if you like to have fun and get paid fair as well, HEB has great awesome benefits and its also a people place you meet and greet many people central market also had celebrities to come to shop as well. This place is more like a home it can have stressful days but its like nothing its a fun stress due to your employees.
Nice plece for work
Lidder cook (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 11, 2018
Well my review was okey I work for 5 year I learn to do everything that is whay Sam the liddercook for three years pasa 5 anos de lo mejor en central market pero mi salary no era suficiente
Pros
Cons
Minimus
Fun place to work with wonderful people
Culinary Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 9, 2018
Central Market takes care of it's partners. There is autonomy for people even at the lowest level of employment. The managers work hard to take care of the customers and encourage the partners to do the same.
Nice place to work
Deli Clerk & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mill Creek, WAJuly 6, 2018
I enjoyed working here but it isn't what I want to do anymore. I am looking for more growth. I want to get into an office job or something in the baking culinary field.
Cashier/Barista/Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2018
Central market is a nice almost upscale grocery store. They provide a vast variety of products and encourage you to try every one. The people you work with are usually really nice, and most of them are nerds if you are into that sort of thing. Most days are usual ringing customers up and answering questions about sales and products. Management for front end is usually on the floor, and they try to make them easy to reach. I think the hardest part of the job is customers, but that's for every job. The most enjoyable is the people you work with and employee appreciation events they do. It's all in all a great job, highly recommend.
Pros
Breaks, partner perks, staff
Cons
uptight customers
Fun
Customer Service / Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
All day different know new people everyday from different country learn craft beers and barista and different kind of wine good management.
Penn station new york
Pros
Good discount for food
Cons
Healthcare, Benefit
A Unique Place to Work
Chef s Case Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 19, 2018
It feels like there is always something new happening at Central Market. They host great events that challenge the way you do things. All the events let you break away from falling into a stagnant routine.
awesom break room great people hated leaving
Cake Decorator and Pastry Production (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 14, 2018
The greatest people on the planet!!!!

I loved working there the culture is amazing and really the best people on the planet work and manage there.I really hate to go.
Pros
Great food selections for lunch and dinner
Cons
I cant have that anymore/parking can be a hassle
Can be a good place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2018
They are flexible with students and offer great benefits to full-time employees. The hardest part of the job is what any retail employee will experience anywhere
Great benefits, terrible chefs and management
Chef (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2018
I work in the cafe area of the store with high volume of customers, prep work, and stress. We are pretty much a self sustaining department with the chefs rarely coming to check on us, and when we ask them for help we are ignored and left to figure it out. The team is a couple people who work very hard, and the others wanting to get out and just there for the paycheck. The accountability of leadership is non existent as well as for the employees on a consistent basis not fulfilling job requirements. The whole store is very negative and stressful, and there is defiantly a feeling of anxiety every time I go into the store. The benefits are fantastic and the hard working team members have your back, listen, and work together to problem solve. If you are working with the not so hard working employees expect to be left to work alone serving up to 60 or more customers a day, while they are on the phone, talking to others, and ignoring the team.
Benefits
Strenuous work environment
Deli Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2018
Strict work guidelines to promote efficiency and cleanliness in the deli. Little room to express individuality. Management pushed to sell lambs and silk and ribbons and rubber ducks and honey covered chocolate shampoo giraffe
Pros
discount in all heb stores
Cons
management
Fun place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2018
You will learn a lot about food , CM is really in to food! There are plenty of items which you can find only there. Customers are mostly nice , but employees are the best
Simple Work Place
Chef-Case Prepared (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 4, 2018
Easy place to work, people are friendly especially in the departments with coworkers. There is always something new to do during work and they make events for the customers.
Pros
Very social place
Cons
scheduling
Terrible Management
Parking Lot Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 30, 2018
Myself & many others have had horrible experiences with the management at the Fort Worth location. The service manager treats people unfairly on multiple occassions. The manager's actions show that she does not want to improve the work environment for both the employees and customers. The manager did not know how to communicate problems well with employees. This lead to an avoidance of solutions for both employees and customers.
Excellent Place to Work
Grocery Cashier, Cashiers (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDApril 24, 2018
I loved this job, I worked there for 4 years and it would've been longer had Dan's Supermarket not bought them out. Great place filled with great people.
Good people, poor management
Night Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Poulsbo, WAApril 9, 2018
The individuals I worked with on a daily basis were great to work along side and were dependable. All were willing to put in the effort needed to get the job done. Working as a team to break down and throw product helped to build camaraderie through speed and hard work. Management had issues at times, department management was out of touch with the actual work that needed to be done. Continuously shifting their jobs to those below them and expecting perfect results, causing shift lead and assistant shift lead to change regularly due to treatment and unreasonable expectations from upper management.
CM is an illusion
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 8, 2018
Pay for cashiers is minimal. I never should have agreed to getting paid so low, irregular hours, lack of hours, and only knowing schedule a week at a time. Partners are great, yet get in the mindset of blabbing. Favoritism is obvious. Mgmt will give you the impression that they have big plans for you. Training is insufficient and no one is on the same page. Customers are flat out rude and too dignified to bag their own groceries. Your hands will look traumatized because of the serrated edges of the paper bags. Your back will eventually hurt from doing double duty when cashiering and bagging for your register. They don’t schedule enough staff during peak times. The pay attracts younger staff who act unprofessional and will believe the hype. Mgmt will not let you transfer to another dept even if you’re qualified because they’re understaffed and office politics. I’m more upset w myself for believing in this mirage. CM is only in Texas so the other reviews in other states seem odd.
Pros
Discounts, tastings, partners
Cons
You never utilize your skills. Long wait for benefits.
This company was very good in the beginning but towards the end the co workers and managers did evil towards me
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 4, 2018
When i first started working here it was the best company i had ever worked for.The co workers and managers were nice and easy to work with, and some of them are still good people,but towards the end we started getting new managers and co workers and they did all kinds of evil things to me. This company went from being a great and exciting place to work to a hostle and disgusting place.Even customers were complaning about the restrooms because of the bad smells that was there all the time but the managers wouldn't do anything about it.
Learning something new in a fast paced environment
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 31, 2018
I start my day running!! Never a dull moment in the pharmacy. I've learned how to multi-task, deal with unpleasant customers, while completing some not so easy math problems. Management was difficult to please, especially with the high demand of customers. Best part about my day is when I get to go home.
Great company but not good pay
Beer and Wine Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 20, 2018
I love the people I worked with but can be stressful environment at times. The products are great and the customers are even more awesome. Overall a decent place to work
Pros
discounts
Cons
lack of caring for employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Market. Our community is ready to answer.