Central Minnesota Mental Health Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Featured review
Central Minnesota Mental Health Center selected this as a representative review
Very productive and fun place to work for
Vocational Specialist ACT Team (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 11, 2018
provided vocational services, fun place to work for, learned a lot there, supervisor was great, employees cared for another, i had a lot of freedom there.
Pros
a lot of freedom there
Cons
There were no cons
Solid Benefits, Uncomfortable Work Environment
Prefer Not to Say (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 9, 2018
Many opinions and ideas were often shot down and overridden without any thought.

Policies are strict, but only for some, as many others bend and break rules/policies, especially based on total time employed.

Not a comfortable place for newcomers.
Pros
Good Benefits
Poor workplace
Clinical Social Worker, Outpatient Psychotherapist (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNApril 3, 2018
Poor management. Unethical practices by management. Former Clinical manager reported to Board several times and upper management ignored. Clinical Staff treated like money makers and productivity is most important compared to client outcomes.
if issues were cleared up
Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 4, 2018
Poor relationships between therapist and HR and business administrators. The business people were there to help us organize the money we brought in, but somehow the money became theirs, and we were made to feel lucky to receive a small percentage of our intake. As a therapist, we would never make another feel they were lucky to be the recipient of our years in school, the hard work we do for our clients, but somehow the degreed business people not only think it was the other way around, but we were there to serve them. So the turnover was extremely high. In private, our business people are treated kindly, and they work to help us, but we are still the product and the service. Not that that is important, we should treat each other kindly and be appreciative of what others do for us to make it possible for us to do our job more easily. I have never seen business people treat physicians or dentist the way some of the business people treat psychotherapist. The culture is unfortunately sad.
Pros
Great Clinical Managers
Cons
Poor business model and pay
Great place
Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNNovember 29, 2016
You are given opportunities to help people in a stressful time in their lives . The director is open minded and always ready to assist with any issues.
Pros
Casual
Cons
No lunch room
Great support staff... administration sucks
Targeted Case Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNMay 14, 2015
Central Minnesota is one of those agencies that has spread itself so thin, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Though it is full of passionate young people trying to do their best with mental health issues, the administration is very unaware of what is happening in the trenches. One week I was being interviewed for a promotion, the next I was let go (I receive unemployment, so it was not for cause) because I had not documented clients who weren't even officially clients. Targeted Case Management is both a huge moneymaker and a poorly defined job. What I had hoped would be work involving continual contact with troubled clients became nothing but a treadmill for paperwork. In the five months I worked at this place, there was not a single opportunity to discuss client issues. All administrators wanted to talk about was new forms, vague paperwork and a computer system that did not work. For an agency with many hundreds of computers and complicated software, Central Minnesota had an IT department of one and farmed everything out to an expensive 3rd party, non-responsive corporate entity. To this day, despite the obvious HIPPA violation, I still have full access to Central Minnesota's client database. This is how poorly the agency is administrated. For a person with 10 years of experience and a Master's Degree, I was paid $17 an hour -- they have a terrible pay scale.
Pros
Passionate, caring direct service personnel
Cons
Administration at all levels
Ladc (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 7, 2015
I dealt with Detox clientele. This facility did an appropriate job of taking care of clients in a respectful manner. The staff was appropriate and kind. I performed rule 25 assessments, diagnosed clientele and counseled for addiction.
Pros
Respect and dignity
Cons
Placement time
Not bad.
Mental Health Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNNovember 3, 2014
Monitoring of daily activities and making a home environment.
Never a dull moment
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Annandale IRTSSeptember 10, 2013
Program staff have a great sense of humor, are knowledgeable, and have a passion for the work that is evident in their client centered approach. The direct work itself is amazing and the clients are a privilege to work with. The clientele are made up of high risk adults with co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorders. The work is anxiety provoking, but interesting and exciting... high risk = high reward. There is an unfortunate disconnect in communication between administrators, supervisors, and program staff, which adds confusion and unnecessary stress on the workplace. The compensation and benefits (i.e. health insurance, ability to use PTO) are not great. The most enjoyable part of the job, outside of working with the clients and there never being a dull moment, is that the agency supports creativity and may provide supervision to meet professional licensing standards. Also, some programs within the agency are eligible for school loan forgiveness.
Pros
Never a dull moment, clientele are amazing, most program staff are passionate about work
Cons
Compensation & benefits
Best job ever
LPN (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 21, 2013
If you like to sit at a desk this job is for you! Very interesting work. Repetitiveness with checking patient vitals frequently and admitting/discharging often but the one on one with a variety of patients keeps it from being boring. Very nice staff and manager. Easy job to handle. Not too much skill required. Mental Health Practitioner qualification is a must as you will work with crisis patients along with detox patients.
Pros
Leftover food is free for eating, working weekend optional, homey atmosphere
Cons
can get VERY busy with no breaks
Internship
Marriage and Family Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 5, 2012
Learning in mental health while in graduate school. Participated in therapy with SPMI clientell.

Want to know more about Central Minnesota Mental Health Center?

Ask a question