Central Minnesota Mental Health Center Employee Review

View all Central Minnesota Mental Health Center reviews

Best job ever
LPN (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 21, 2013
If you like to sit at a desk this job is for you! Very interesting work. Repetitiveness with checking patient vitals frequently and admitting/discharging often but the one on one with a variety of patients keeps it from being boring. Very nice staff and manager. Easy job to handle. Not too much skill required. Mental Health Practitioner qualification is a must as you will work with crisis patients along with detox patients.
Pros
Leftover food is free for eating, working weekend optional, homey atmosphere
Cons
can get VERY busy with no breaks

Other Central Minnesota Mental Health Center Employee Reviews

Poor workplace
Clinical Social Worker, Outpatient Psychotherapist (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNApril 3, 2018
Poor management. Unethical practices by management. Former Clinical manager reported to Board several times and upper management ignored. Clinical Staff treated like money makers and productivity is most important compared to client outcomes.
if issues were cleared up
Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 4, 2018
Poor relationships between therapist and HR and business administrators. The business people were there to help us organize the money we brought in, but somehow the money became theirs, and we were made to feel lucky to receive a small percentage of our intake. As a therapist, we would never make another feel they were lucky to be the recipient of our years in school, the hard work we do for our clients, but somehow the degreed business people not only think it was the other way around, but we were there to serve them. So the turnover was extremely high. In private, our business people are treated kindly, and they work to help us, but we are still the product and the service. Not that that is important, we should treat each other kindly and be appreciative of what others do for us to make it possible for us to do our job more easily. I have never seen business people treat physicians or dentist the way some of the business people treat psychotherapist. The culture is unfortunately sad.
Pros
Great Clinical Managers
Cons
Poor business model and pay