Central Nassau Guidance and Counseling Services

Central Nassau Guidance and Counseling Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Wonderful Place to Build A career
Community Residence Counselor (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYApril 20, 2018
CNG is a wonderful place to work. They have positions available to many levels, whether you are new or advanced. CNG is a great place to begin a career. Management is very supportive and do their best to treat the clients well and give them a better standard of living. There is a ton of paper work for the CR position, that's the biggest downside. However if you're coworkers are great then every day will be just fine with your team.
Avoid working here if you can
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYApril 19, 2018
Managment have unrealistic expectations of workers. Only the favorites survive. If your show you "blank" too much, you will become a target. The job is convenient for the location but there is ALOT of favoritism in at this agency. The turn over rate here is ridiculous and now I know why. Although they say it a lot of room for "growth", it means nothing with poor management. There is no formal training. Its a learn as you go or learn from peers around you.. and most of the time its inaccurate information. There are only a few supervisors here who actually knows what they are doing. And they will come on here and comment to cover their " blank" because of that's all that goes on here. No one cares about the employees or advocates for them and the ones who did/do care either left or are on their way out
Pros
Location, Its not hard to get approved time
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, no formal training, favoritism
good place to work
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMarch 21, 2018
Fast paced
great benefits
good salary, more than most companies
poor management
stressful environment at times
staff is helpful
on going training is a plus
Interesting, rewarding job with high stress, poor management, and negative job culture
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYFebruary 23, 2018
This job entails a lot of work, but also a lot of learning. Employees can get beneficial work experience from this job as well as the opportunity to develop their professional skills and create bonds with clients. However, this job is high stress. Also, there is rarely a positive work environment and it feels as though the management and supervisors are out to get you. It is hard to feel consistently happy and/or comfortable in this work environment.
Pros
great entry level job
Overworked and underpaid
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYFebruary 6, 2018
Management makes you feel incompetent. - beware of upper management!
You feel like you can never take a lunch break.
No one shows you support/empathy
Pros
Benefits, Pto, co-workers
Cons
Stressful environment, lack of support, low salary
February 21, 2018

Sorry to hear you feel this way. Central Nassau Guidance and Counseling Services values their employees and agency. Please note, Upper Management and Human Resources have an open door policy and you are welcome to contact them at any given time.

An inspired and motivated culture that is transforming behavioral health care.
Management (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJanuary 30, 2018
CN Guidance is a fast paced place that is truly dedicated to their mission. I have never worked at a place where people are more engaged and truly invested in the recovery of others. There is definitely job security here and also plenty of opportunity for people to move up and access new opportunities.
Pros
supportive and accessible management, staf development, recovery oriented staff
February 21, 2018

Thank you, we take pride in our employees and agency and appreciate your rating.

CNGCS's growth brings forth incredible new opportunities!
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJanuary 26, 2018
I have worked at CN Guidance for over 2 1/2 years and can not imagine leaving. Management is extremely supportive and really hones in on individual employees special qualities and finds ways to utilize them that allow you to further your career. I can not wait to see what CN Guidance will do next!
Pros
Full Time Employees Paid Time Off, Agency Holidays, Dental, Health, and Vision plans, Multiple Locations
February 21, 2018

Thank you, we take pride in our employees and agency and appreciate your rating

Love working here
Director (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJanuary 22, 2018
I have been at CN Guidance for over 2 years with work experience at two other nonprofits. This is the best place I have worked! It is the most collaborative, cooperative and team/growth oriented. It is a great place to invest yourself as they invest in you right back!
February 21, 2018

Wonderful. Central Nassau Guidance and Counseling Services takes great pride in our employees and agency and appreciate your rating.

Excellent Leadership
Division Director (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYDecember 31, 2017
CNG provides excellent leadership from the top. I am treated with the utmost respect, and I am provided with the necessary guidance, support and tools that I need. I feel a part of a Team and strive to do the same for the managers who work with me in my Division. I have grown tremendously in the Agency and am an integral part of the Agency and behavioral healthcare community. The Agency is very innovative and holds patient care and staff wellness as paramount. I am proud to work at CNG.
Pros
Great growth, excellent opportunities, importance of team, innovative and patient care and staff wellness very important.
Cons
Need more of a balance of work/life.
February 21, 2018

Thank you, Central Nassau Guidance ad Counseling Services values their employees and takes pride in our agency. We appreciate your rating.

A great team full of caring people
Director (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYDecember 21, 2017
Always lots to do here - no one ever is left bored! It's fast-paced and very forward-thinking. If you're looking for a place on the cutting-edge of behavioral health with people who really care about those they serve, then CN Guidance is the right place.
Pros
generous time off policy
February 21, 2018

Thank you, we value our employees and agency and appreciate your rating.

Competitive
Outreach Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYDecember 17, 2017
Job does not care about its employees. Management is terrible. Extremely high turn over rate. Nobody is happy at work. If they don’t like you then leave.
Pros
Great start at a job
Cons
Poor Management
February 21, 2018

Thank you, we value our employees and agency. We recently added close to 50 more positions to our job bank due to growth. We are now close to 350 employees and growing. Upper Management and HR have an open door policy to address employee concerns. We care very much about our agency and staff.

Lots of experience to be gained
Residential Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYNovember 30, 2017
I liked serving the population I worked with. I liked my coworkers as well. I liked the experience I gained. No two people are alike in this field so the challenges were never ending.
Pros
conference every year
Cons
poor management
February 21, 2018

Thank you, we value our employees and agency and appreciate your rating.

Do Not Recommend
Employee (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYNovember 23, 2017
I was a dedicated employee at CNG for many years. Due to favoritism and unrealistic work expectations I was forced to seek employment elsewhere. Unfortunately who you know is everything at this agency, and if you don't become friendly with the right people you will not advance.
good people, laid back
Fee for Service Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJuly 14, 2017
only worked fee for service, saw few clients per day, lack of instruction from supervisor but learned on my own. Positive people and encouragement from upper management.
Entry Level (Current Employee) –  HicksvilleApril 8, 2017
Great place to work with excellent benefits and paid time off. The company recognizes approximately 12 holidays a year which is a plus. I actually like getting up and going to work compared to the many jobs I had in the past. I disagree with the bad reviews on here. Many of them are probably from employees who didn't perform up to par. It's a great place to work and I highly recommend it.
Pros
Benefits, vacation time, holiday time off, excellent staff
Cons
Not at this time
Supportive work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  950 South Oyster Bay Rd., HicksvilleApril 1, 2017
I have been with CN Guidance since 2000, it is a wonderful place to work. They provide a safe, caring and challenging work environment that helps bring out the best you have to offer.
Pros
Meaningful work with a great team
Good entry level position
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMarch 22, 2017
Working at Central Nassau Guidance and Counseling services has taught me much more about mental illnesses such as bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, or major depressive disorder than a text book ever could. What I like about this job is working with clients, seeing them grow, and seeing them be able to move on to more independent living. However, the hours for this job are very difficult for me as it is a 24 hour care facility. The hours are longer than average and I am sometimes unable to take a proper break due to single coverage or the amount of work I have to do, which makes the days seem even longer. This job does offer good benefits including vision and dental.
Pros
insurance benefits
Cons
breaks, hours
Blessed for this opportunity
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMarch 17, 2017
I have great co workers that turned into friends, which is makes it a pleasant environment to come to everyday. My boss is literally the best boss I have had in all my career experience.
Pros
Happy Environment, Great Benefits
Cons
There are none for me
Great Employee Benefits
Social Worker - Same Day Access Program (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMarch 13, 2017
A great place to work. The employee benefits package is one of the best around. The workers are friendly, and the agency is well kept. The work culture is friendly, and there is a team spirit with co-workers. Over all working at this agency has been a very positive experience.
Productive and Rewarding
AOT Senior Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYMarch 10, 2017
I'm thankful for having this opportunity to work with individuals who suffers from severe mental disabilities. This career path has advanced my personal growth. It allows me to instill in my clients how oneself can and should behave. Behavior is the way human beings and others act. Working here, has taught me to value, respect and appreciate every aspect of my own life.
Pros
Satisying and rewarding