Central Network Retail Group, LLC Employee Reviews

Only good for those fresh out of high school
Yard Associate (Current Employee) –  Camilla, GAFebruary 28, 2019
At times very stressful, co opportunities to advance. Management shows favoritism, very low pay despite working outside in the heat or freezing cold and operating forklifts.
Pros
30 min to hr lunch, ok benefits
Cons
Overworked and underpaid, lack of advancement
Terrible work place since management change 3 years ago.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 24, 2019
Working at Elliott's Hardware was a great job until the parent company CNRG restructured management and added a layer of regional managers due to rapid growth. The new regional VP transformed an enjoyable, customer centric, seasoned employee staffed hardware store into a place that seeks to rid itself of it's most knowledgeable customer service oriented employees in order to get the youngest/cheapest replacements regardless of experience in the retail hardware business. Very few of the old employees that made this company a local legend are left and I suspect that those will be gone shortly. Work here as a last resort only.
Pros
Cons
Terrible upper management on a regional basis.
Great job for anyone in school
Associate (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, TNJanuary 23, 2019
I began working here as I was still going through high school/college. The pay scale was great for that and our manager was absolutely wonderful to work around my schedules. However, after all of that was over.. the pay isn’t enough to live on and like any work place- there is always drama. Overall this really is a great job to have if you’re looking to supplement your income, but it shouldn’t be your primary by any means.
Pros
Discount is pretty great
Cons
Stressful workplace, compensation isn’t really worth it
The upper managers haven't a clue.
Dept mgr. for electrical, plumbing (Former Employee) –  Casa LindaSeptember 27, 2018
After I got on could not make ends meet at Elliott 'S Casa Linda had over 40 years of experience and was tool manager in the 90's. Wound up in a homeless shelter for a year till I found a job that would give me 40 hrs. And overtime...my regular salary was 10.00 at CNRG AT 30 MAYBE A WEEK.
UPPER MANAGEMENT (Phillip Helms) treated me like I was an embarrassment
Then cheated me out of a week's vacation.
So please don't work for these people at all.
Not a fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2018
Bad upper management....the take over of store is totally different from how the store was operated before.Not a happy environment. ..doing way too much work for the pay...
Pros
Stores not operating as late as same type store
Cons
No reviews, no raises, no room for advancement.
They get rid of all the old guys who know what they are doing.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WANovember 13, 2017
Keeping the ones who are young, have bad hygiene, and don't have a clue as to what they are doing.
It used to be a good place, now it is full of managers who know nothing of applications, nor product.
Just a bunch of paper pushers, who are worried about their own jobs.
I would not go to work here if the pay was doubled.
Pros
None, really..
Cons
Too many to list
Mclendons only
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington StateOctober 26, 2017
Mclendons was recently bought out by CNRG and you can see the decline. Mclendons was an amazing place to work, great happy atmosphere, great benefits, everything was perfect till CNRG took over. Now everyone’s constantly stressed, people are dropping like flies and our health insurance cost more and covers way less!! Great temporary job but don’t make a career out of it.
Pros
Co workers.
Cons
Healthcare, vision, dental, no employee appreciation
A Relaxed and Welcoming Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 1, 2017
My time at CNRG's Town and Country Hardware brand was the best job I've ever had. I learned many valuable skills during my time there. A key emphasis for employees is on having a good personal relationship with customers, especially regulars. The hardest part of the job is often finding ways to keep yourself occupied and productive during shifts because there is often little foot traffic unless it's a holiday.
Pros
Free lunch during barbecue grill demonstrations
Cons
Pace of work varies greatly
Productive workplace with great co-workers
Human Resources Assistant and Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAFebruary 8, 2013
Great place to work with friendly and helpful employees. The most enjoyable part is the people you work with and if there is a hard part it's dealing with the constant change of a growing company.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
constant change