Central Network Retail Group, LLC

Central Network Retail Group, LLC Employee Reviews

United States18 reviews
Poor management, not enough compensation for the workload
Staff works well together and makes work bearable

Helping customers in the community is best part of the job
Other companies have been giving their employees hazard pay but this place is a joke. big deal they gave a bonus of $250 on the last check in April but ONLY if you worked at least 160 hours in the pay period and then $125 is supposed to go on our next check but ONLY if you work a certain number of hours again. for people who work but not that many hours they get NOTHING. working us like dogs, they don't care, they making money off our backs. they don't clean or sanitize anything in the store. bathroom is dirty, carts never cleaned, computers never cleaned and they let as many people in the store that wants. hundreds of people in and out all day long, no sanitizing, nothing like that. run far away. worst job i ever had. favoritism is normal for this company. managers getting big bonus. cashiers get nothing. they fired old manager when he tries to tell big bosses to treat us right. big joke.
Their concept is really good, but can’t get out of their own way. Management is constantly changing and what one praises you for, the next one berates you for. No clear direction. Trying to be Lowe’s/Tractor Supply, when they should just be the local hardware store everybody loves. Going the other way fast. Don’t waste your time.
Pros
Store Employees were a pretty tight group
Cons
Bad Corporate Management and clunky processes.
10/10 would never recommend working here. The work-flow processes are inefficient and tedious, and the employees are often held responsible for problems caused by mismanagement. Pay ceiling is a joke. Upper and middle management have inadequate grasp of the big picture, and will stab you in the back. Vast inequities in how certain departments and individual employees are treated. Some nice service level employees here, and they deserve better. PTO is ok. CNRG is wearing pants too big for their bottom.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
I learned a lot and enjoyed it for almost 8 years till CNRG took over. Never ending promises and it went down hill fast and lost so many good workers. Hired younger people who didn't know anything
Great opportunity for learning the constantly changing construction industry. Our store changed SM & DSM while I was there. Very competitive internal store sales but always friendly & willing to help out. Great coworkers & workplace environment. Our store slogan was "Located in the heart of town". I still shop there today.
Worst management ever. They treat you horribly, they talk down on you and bully you. Don’t apply here if you have kids, they don’t care about times you need to be out or off. They drop shifts on you and don’t tell you. Managers need fired
Older employees have bully mentality.Lots turn over .The management is a joke .management is very unprofessional and don’t know what they are doing.Very rude to customer ms too.
Pros
Partime
At times very stressful, co opportunities to advance. Management shows favoritism, very low pay despite working outside in the heat or freezing cold and operating forklifts.
Pros
30 min to hr lunch, ok benefits
Cons
Overworked and underpaid, lack of advancement
This job has taught me a lot. However since the new company CNRG has taken over it is not an enjoyable place to succeed. They have taken all incentives out. Insurance is really bad. You are over worked, and under paid.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Insurance and Pay
Working at Elliott's Hardware was a great job until the parent company CNRG restructured management and added a layer of regional managers due to rapid growth. The new regional VP transformed an enjoyable, customer centric, seasoned employee staffed hardware store into a place that seeks to rid itself of it's most knowledgeable customer service oriented employees in order to get the youngest/cheapest replacements regardless of experience in the retail hardware business. Very few of the old employees that made this company a local legend are left and I suspect that those will be gone shortly. Work here as a last resort only.
Pros
Cons
Terrible upper management on a regional basis.
I began working here as I was still going through high school/college. The pay scale was great for that and our manager was absolutely wonderful to work around my schedules. However, after all of that was over.. the pay isn’t enough to live on and like any work place- there is always drama. Overall this really is a great job to have if you’re looking to supplement your income, but it shouldn’t be your primary by any means.
Pros
Discount is pretty great
Cons
Stressful workplace, compensation isn’t really worth it
After I got on could not make ends meet at Elliott 'S Casa Linda had over 40 years of experience and was tool manager in the 90's. Wound up in a homeless shelter for a year till I found a job that would give me 40 hrs. And overtime...my regular salary was 10.00 at CNRG AT 30 MAYBE A WEEK.
UPPER MANAGEMENT (Phillip Helms) treated me like I was an embarrassment

Then cheated me out of a week's vacation.

So please don't work for these people at all.
Bad upper management....the take over of store is totally different from how the store was operated before.Not a happy environment. ..doing way too much work for the pay...
Pros
Stores not operating as late as same type store
Cons
No reviews, no raises, no room for advancement.
Keeping the ones who are young, have bad hygiene, and don't have a clue as to what they are doing.
It used to be a good place, now it is full of managers who know nothing of applications, nor product.

Just a bunch of paper pushers, who are worried about their own jobs.

I would not go to work here if the pay was doubled.
Pros
None, really..
Cons
Too many to list
Mclendons was recently bought out by CNRG and you can see the decline. Mclendons was an amazing place to work, great happy atmosphere, great benefits, everything was perfect till CNRG took over. Now everyone’s constantly stressed, people are dropping like flies and our health insurance cost more and covers way less!! Great temporary job but don’t make a career out of it.
Pros
Co workers.
Cons
Healthcare, vision, dental, no employee appreciation
My time at CNRG's Town and Country Hardware brand was the best job I've ever had. I learned many valuable skills during my time there. A key emphasis for employees is on having a good personal relationship with customers, especially regulars. The hardest part of the job is often finding ways to keep yourself occupied and productive during shifts because there is often little foot traffic unless it's a holiday.
Pros
Free lunch during barbecue grill demonstrations
Cons
Pace of work varies greatly
Great place to work with friendly and helpful employees. The most enjoyable part is the people you work with and if there is a hard part it's dealing with the constant change of a growing company.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
constant change