Central Network Retail Group, LLC

Working at Central Network Retail Group, LLC: 24 Reviews

United States24 reviews

jobworkplacepaymanagementmanagerstoregreat

Mismanaged

Poor management, not enough compensation for the workload Staff works well together and makes work bearable Helping customers in the community is best part of the job

Upper management is sinking the ship

We had a good team when I started. Slowly and surely with upper management's lack of help we have become the titanic, losing almost everyone of value. You will be physically and mentally exhausted by the end of most days, i would be happy with that if i was compinsated correctly. The pay is the lowest legally allowed or $1-2 more for full-time workers. When you ask about a small rasie you are made to feel like your being greedy, and should be happy they employ you. I'm currently looking for a new job because I can't afford to work here anymore. I liked working here and helping customers with problems, also learning so many different things. I'm only leaving this as a warning to others so they don't waste their time like I have.Frattalone hardware Saint Paul MN(CNRG owned)

Pros

Most coworkers are great, customers are rewarding to help

Cons

Everything - Hard work mentally & physically for minimum wage

Central Network Retail Group, LLC insights

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Avoid at all costs

If you want to be over worked, under appreciated, and poorly managed, this is your place!! If not, run. Upper management is a complete joke, and provides zero support.

Retail is not for everyone

I've met people from all walks of life, some good, some less desirable but I try to treat everyone with the same courtesy and respect. Working with the public is a continuous learning experience, and sometimes challenging. Everyone does not exhibit the same work ethic.

Pros

Employee discounts

Cons

Short staffed

Worst ever

No work/life balance. Health insurance is extremely expensive (more than half your check). Close store tonight, open store tomorrow. Just a horrible place to work!

Cons

Managment cleans house when things go wrong.

I worked at outdoor supply hardware for around a year. I opened the store, and knew everyone on staff. I was trained for about three days before being thrown in the deep end with equipment I was unfamiliar with, and restrictions to my job digitally. When the stores sales started to dip, new management came in and wiped half the old staff, while demoting the other half. This company gives no thought to their employees.

Pros

They pay a salary.

Cons

Everything else

Decent job if you are willing to actually put in a effort.

Good place to work my coworkers are great and make going to work everyday seem less like a chore. My manager is a great person will help you out at work and outside of work. As long as you come to work and do your job their isn’t any problems. She wants to see employees retain any information or instructions given. They pay is on par with my area more than some less than others but on average it’s fair for my area. The workload can be a lot at times but sometimes it’s an easy day so that balances out nicely.

Pros

Payed vacation and personal time off (after a year of employment at full time hours), great coworkers, excellent manager, optional health care, vision, dental

Cons

Not a lot of advancement opportunities, no regular pay raises can be a physically taxing

horrible

Other companies have been giving their employees hazard pay but this place is a joke. big deal they gave a bonus of $250 on the last check in April but ONLY if you worked at least 160 hours in the pay period and then $125 is supposed to go on our next check but ONLY if you work a certain number of hours again. for people who work but not that many hours they get NOTHING. working us like dogs, they don't care, they making money off our backs. they don't clean or sanitize anything in the store. bathroom is dirty, carts never cleaned, computers never cleaned and they let as many people in the store that wants. hundreds of people in and out all day long, no sanitizing, nothing like that. run far away. worst job i ever had. favoritism is normal for this company. managers getting big bonus. cashiers get nothing. they fired old manager when he tries to tell big bosses to treat us right. big joke.

Dumpster Fire

Their concept is really good, but can’t get out of their own way. Management is constantly changing and what one praises you for, the next one berates you for. No clear direction. Trying to be Lowe’s/Tractor Supply, when they should just be the local hardware store everybody loves. Going the other way fast. Don’t waste your time.

Pros

Store Employees were a pretty tight group

Cons

Bad Corporate Management and clunky processes.

Toxic Work Culture, No Career Here

10/10 would never recommend working here. The work-flow processes are inefficient and tedious, and the employees are often held responsible for problems caused by mismanagement. Pay ceiling is a joke. Upper and middle management have inadequate grasp of the big picture, and will stab you in the back. Vast inequities in how certain departments and individual employees are treated. Some nice service level employees here, and they deserve better. PTO is ok. CNRG is wearing pants too big for their bottom.

Corporate sucks

I learned a lot and enjoyed it for almost 8 years till CNRG took over. Never ending promises and it went down hill fast and lost so many good workers. Hired younger people who didn't know anything

Great environment

Great opportunity for learning the constantly changing construction industry. Our store changed SM & DSM while I was there. Very competitive internal store sales but always friendly & willing to help out. Great coworkers & workplace environment. Our store slogan was "Located in the heart of town". I still shop there today.

Horrible company

Worst management ever. They treat you horribly, they talk down on you and bully you. Don’t apply here if you have kids, they don’t care about times you need to be out or off. They drop shifts on you and don’t tell you. Managers need fired

Unhappy employees

Older employees have bully mentality.Lots turn over .The management is a joke .management is very unprofessional and don’t know what they are doing.Very rude to customer ms too.

Pros

Partime

Only good for those fresh out of high school

At times very stressful, co opportunities to advance. Management shows favoritism, very low pay despite working outside in the heat or freezing cold and operating forklifts.

Pros

30 min to hr lunch, ok benefits

Cons

Overworked and underpaid, lack of advancement

Alot of pressure no incentive.

This job has taught me a lot. However since the new company CNRG has taken over it is not an enjoyable place to succeed. They have taken all incentives out. Insurance is really bad. You are over worked, and under paid.

Pros

Stability

Cons

Insurance and Pay

Terrible work place since management change 3 years ago.

Working at Elliott's Hardware was a great job until the parent company CNRG restructured management and added a layer of regional managers due to rapid growth. The new regional VP transformed an enjoyable, customer centric, seasoned employee staffed hardware store into a place that seeks to rid itself of it's most knowledgeable customer service oriented employees in order to get the youngest/cheapest replacements regardless of experience in the retail hardware business. Very few of the old employees that made this company a local legend are left and I suspect that those will be gone shortly. Work here as a last resort only.

Pros

Cons

Terrible upper management on a regional basis.

Great job for anyone in school

I began working here as I was still going through high school/college. The pay scale was great for that and our manager was absolutely wonderful to work around my schedules. However, after all of that was over.. the pay isn’t enough to live on and like any work place- there is always drama. Overall this really is a great job to have if you’re looking to supplement your income, but it shouldn’t be your primary by any means.

Pros

Discount is pretty great

Cons

Stressful workplace, compensation isn’t really worth it

The upper managers haven't a clue.

After I got on could not make ends meet at Elliott 'S Casa Linda had over 40 years of experience and was tool manager in the 90's. Wound up in a homeless shelter for a year till I found a job that would give me 40 hrs. And overtime...my regular salary was 10.00 at CNRG AT 30 MAYBE A WEEK. UPPER MANAGEMENT (Phillip Helms) treated me like I was an embarrassment Then cheated me out of a week's vacation. So please don't work for these people at all.

Not a fun place to work

Bad upper management....the take over of store is totally different from how the store was operated before.Not a happy environment. ..doing way too much work for the pay...

Pros

Stores not operating as late as same type store

Cons

No reviews, no raises, no room for advancement.

They get rid of all the old guys who know what they are doing.

Keeping the ones who are young, have bad hygiene, and don't have a clue as to what they are doing. It used to be a good place, now it is full of managers who know nothing of applications, nor product. Just a bunch of paper pushers, who are worried about their own jobs. I would not go to work here if the pay was doubled.

Pros

None, really..

Cons

Too many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Network Retail Group, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits