Central New York Psychiatric Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Watch your back!!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marcy, NYJune 22, 2018
The job itself wasn't bad the management is cut throat. If you question their sketchy tactics you have a Target in your back and they will get you one way or the other. They don't care. They will try to ruin your life without a second thought. They overlook the nasty things they know go on in that place but if you get on the wrong side watch out. KARMA !! That's my hope. NY State should close that place down..
Pros
Good learning experience good benefits
Cons
Bad management
Personal Life
Secure Care Treatment Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2018
Your personal life is completely shut out of your life when you work here. You live at this job because of the mandates and all the monstrosity that comes with it.
people were great. we watched out for each other.
Security Hospital Treatment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marcy, NYFebruary 28, 2018
The people working there, the TAs, The Nurses, the security guards, the maintenance workers, the social workers; they are all part of a team that keeps everything in balance. the inmate patients have good days and bad days. it seemed to depend on the amount of medications the doctors were willing to give them. With out the proper medications, things would happen and people got hurt, but that was all part of the job.
Pros
good friends and coworkers
Cons
dangerous work inviornment at times.
High professional staff provide adequate medical care.
Psychiatrist, Assistant Physician (Former Employee) –  Marcy, NYJanuary 24, 2018
I worked for four years in CNYPC. I enjoined to work with professional, supportive staff. The hospital provides high quality medical care for mentally ill patients.
Horrible place to work
Scta (Former Employee) –  Marcy, NYNovember 5, 2017
Staff were stuck up and arrogant. Did not feel safe working there. Getting mandated 4 Days in a row. No time for family. No Breaks stuck on ward for 16 hours.
Pros
Pay benefits
Cons
Long hours miserable staff
Great benefits
Clinician (Current Employee) –  New York StateOctober 12, 2017
Good job/life balance and great benefits working for the state. Don't be put off by the initial salary as there is a generous vacation allotment and a good retirement benefits system.
great place to work with great benefits and a rewarding job.
Secure Care Treatment Aide (Current Employee) –  Marcy, NYJune 28, 2017
great place to work with great benefits and a very rewarding job. At central New York Psychiatric Center, we help people who may need treatment for any mental health issues they may be facing.
Great benefits and rewarding
Secure Care Treatment Aide and therapeatic aid (Current Employee) –  Marcy, NYJune 27, 2017
Central New York Psyciatric Center is a great place for employment. Working with individuals with mental health issues and reading patients personal history has given me plenty of experience and an understanding as to how society and a negative childhood can tremendously impact an individuals life from childhood to adulthood. I am proud to say I work at CNYPC and I hope to make a positive impact on the patients/residents lives everyday.
Pros
Income, job security, rewarding
Cons
working weekends, sometimes long hours, difficult to attend personal or family events due to working weekends.
Registered Nurse
Psychiatric Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Marcy, NY 13403April 25, 2017
This position was an excellent opportunity to utilize my accumulated 32 years of nursing experience to achieve continunity and compasssionate care for all patients and staff members.
Great Pay and Benefits
Secure Care Treatment Aide (Former Employee) –  Marcy, NYJuly 27, 2015
This position had great pay and benefits as it was a state position. However, the amount of hours expected to work (80+) were highly unreasonable for a person with a family.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Amount of hours expected
It is a safe place to work and has great benfits.
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Marcy, NYMay 2, 2015
A typical day would be arriving at our shop at 7 am and have a morning meeting with my supervisor and fellow electricians to discuss the work orders for the day. We would plan an execution of the work and coordinate that with the other trades involved in the job.
Pros
It is close to home and exellent benefits
decent job
Secure Care Treatment Aide (Former Employee) –  Marcy, NYApril 2, 2015
helped me get on my feet....hours went up and down.....payrate was decent but always could be higher....small business decent people
Recreational Therapist
Recreational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Marcy, NYMarch 28, 2015
A typical day of a recreational therapist at CNYPC consists of providing a therapeutic environment for the residents as well as the staff members. The recreation department implements recreational activity programs throughout each day such as physical and cognitive based programs.
Benefits
Cons
Schedule
Great job working in the department of corrections; great benefits and pay. Administation was great to work with.
RN Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Marcy, NYOctober 24, 2014
My typical day started at 6:30pm at which time I would receive reports from outgoing staff. I had a lot of autonomy and worked with residents in the NY state department of corrections. I learned how to complete job evaluations and to work with the corrections population. My co-workers were extremely helpful and always willing to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of the job was the dangerous side to the position - you never knew when a situation would arrive. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great group of people and the 12 hour shifts which allowed me a lot of flexibility for personal time at home.
Pros
Great state benefits and pay
Cons
the unpredicatability of the residents
Daily job
Nurse 2 (Current Employee) –  Marcy, NYJuly 15, 2014
Passing medication to 30-50 inmates in a maximum-security setting. Dealing with psychiatric and medical crisis.
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
hours not fitting for home life
N/a
Security Hospital Treatment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marcy, NYMay 1, 2014
N/A Nothing to say other than its a hard place to work day in and day out
Difficult place to work as it was working in the Prison setting.
Forensic Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Elmira Correctional FacilityDecember 31, 2013
Wanted to work with the mentally ill and ended up working with manipulating individuals. Overall, work was enjoyable.
Pros
Working for OMH
Cons
Working with Cons.
No longer challenging
Marcy, NY-Nurse III (Current Employee) –  Marcy, NYFebruary 28, 2013
Typical day at work- teaching, interaction with staff, management, other disaplines, research for teaching, preparing reports, analyzing data for reports/audits.
I have learned in this position to better prepare and present reports and teaching material.
Have a good repore with co-workers.
Hardest part of my job- feeling as though I am not involve in as much as I should be, being in the position that I am in.
Most enoyable part of my job the interaction with the patients and staff, being able to get out of my office and assist staff or teaching them.
Pros
continual learning experience
Cons
not enough involvement in the facility
very productive, very diciplined ,and organized
Staff Psychiatrist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 30, 2013
New york psychiatric was dedicated to mentally ill inmate population.whole staff was great and very organized in taking care of the emergencies .in fact i have no negative comments about that place.
Pros
we were provideded with lots of benifits, such birth days, free meals andlots of benifit to count.
Cons
only the pit fall was that we had to go through security every day even though the knew us.
Great Opportunities for Advancement
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Marcy, NYOctober 25, 2012
A routine daily schedule that always kept you busy with structured managment guidance and great co-workers who were willing to help.