Central Oregon Truck Company Employee Reviews

long time driver, new flat bedder.
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Redmond, ORJuly 30, 2018
I thought I'd throw in my two cents as a new driver to the company.
The orientation was a little intense. be prepared.
So far, everything seems as advertised. Everyone is nice to work with. Every phone call is handled in a friendly, helpful and professional manner. They seem genuinely concerned about getting me home when i request. one time i was a day late (it's trucking, it happens) not one word or complaint AT ALL when i said i was gonna add another day to my home time. The pay is legit and the benefits are free to the driver and affordable for the family. I've never flat bedded before. It is hard work. but it's the only exercise i get as a trucker so I actually kind of appreciate it. Even when it occasionally kicks my butt. All in all I am very happy here and it is the kind of company I can actually see myself sticking with and retiring with.
Pros
benefits, pay, equipment and good people
Cons
just its truckin' but the best company i've ever driven for
Very stressful
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Redmond, ORMarch 31, 2018
Very fast paced company and was fairly young at this time. A lot of turn over of employees and management was still in the growing stages and so was the company
Pros
A lot of learning
Cons
Too unorganized
Pretty good company don't get all the negative reviews
Driver (Current Employee) –  Redmond, ORFebruary 18, 2018
Some times there seem to be too many rules. Wish we didn't have cameras, but they don't bother me about it. I get the miles I want. It is always surprising when the office folks know me by name. That is what makes this place great. The doors are open and folks care. Any company you work for trucking is still trucking. it is nice to feel like someone has my back.
Pros
Free benefits. doors are open. cares about employees.
Cons
Communication
Not worth it
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Redmond, OROctober 30, 2017
They ran good equipment and the trailer you get is pretty much yours which is nice but they lack communication with driver. They're not good at getting you home when you request. They messed up my hometime three times in the 3 1/2 months I was there and that is unacceptable from any company. Three times in a row they messed up. I am a single father of 2 boys and hometime is very important. Really think twice before making a decision to work for this company.
Great Pay, Benefits and Equipment
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 3, 2017
They run great equipment, dedicated trailers so I am not cleaning up other drivers messes up. I have an excellent benefit package and am pace to make over $72,000.00 this year.
They pay my insurance premium 100% which is a $165.00 a mojnth that goes into my pocket.
Home time is not an issue and is priority number one to these guys!
Everything they told me they put in writing too.
Pros
Great Equipment - Pay - Safety - Home Time
Cons
More terminals would help
Every Things in Writing
Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 12, 2017
I have worked here for 2 years now and plan to retire from this company. Everything they told me, they put in writing. AND FOLLOWED THROUGH! The equipment is great, they keep freight in front of me and when they don't, I get $100.00. This has only happened 1 time since I have been here.
Pros
Great Miles, Pay, Retirement Benefits
Cons
Tarp Majority of All Loads
Great Trucking Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  OregonApril 24, 2017
It is over the road driving, so gone from home most of the time. COTC does all they can to accommodate home time. so i need 150 charactors so i will keep typing to get them.
Growing company that has plenty of work.
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Redmond, ORFebruary 24, 2017
Growing company that has plenty of work for technicians. Most of the big jobs get sent to pape but lots of repetitive work to be done at COTC.
To many Chiefs
Senior A/R Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Prineville, ORFebruary 7, 2017
5 owners, half of them didn't get along and the staff took the brunt. Business wise, it was a good company to learn and improve skills.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Management very unprofessional
Positive but difficult long days
CDL Driver OTR (Current Employee) –  Redmond, ORDecember 22, 2016
Pretty easy nice drive, work with good companies, great management and very helpful. Employees are compensated greatly. Hardest part is being gone all the time no social life, enjoyable to see the U.S.
Pros
Get to see the country
Cons
Never home
productive professional work place
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Redmond, OROctober 24, 2016
great place to start a career in flatbed trucking, great training, good managers, good co-workers team atmosphere. hardest part of the job is computer paperwork 10 hour breaks is the best thing ever
Pros
great training
Cons
pay is a little low for what you do
Terrible place to work
Management Consultant/Vice President (Former Employee) –  Prineville, ORDecember 1, 2015
This was not a good experience. This place is has zero advancement, zero work/life balance and is not a very professional place to work.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
bad work/life balance
Employment
OTR Flatbed Driver (Former Employee) –  Redmond, ORAugust 16, 2015
They do have good system of operation but, it's not working. Ex-drivers now working in office forgot what it's really like in the fast changing world of transportation. They tell you one thing and don't delivery,pay scale, equipment problems, dispatching, shop is a joke.
Pros
employment
Cons
everything
Worst company I ever worked for
Broker (Former Employee) –  Redmond, ORMay 6, 2015
Owner has a god complex. Management scream at and belittle employees. 15 of my fellow employees have left. Very high turnover. Watch your back.
Great OTR flatbed company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Redmond, ORMarch 24, 2014
The only reason I left this company was to no longer be an OTR driver. This is a great company with compassionate people, and a family culture. The pay is equal and or above average for flat bed drivers. The equipment is the best, and maintenance is never skipped. This is the only company I ever went back to work for after leaving, and would go back again without hesitation.
Pros
Honest recruters
Cons
Insurance is not premium, but free

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Oregon Truck Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Central Oregon Truck Company Reviews by Location