Central Parking System Employee Reviews

Very nice place to work
Traffic Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 30, 2017
It was always fun to work there. I missed being there. Friendly environment and coworkers. Supervisor and bosses always had your back. Supportive group.
Pros
New experience every game
Cons
Seasonal
Poor Management
Greeter and Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2017
I went to work for a management position, but the manager did not want the compertition. they had a tip box but too many employees would pocket the tip then place it in the pot.
Productive: Patiently waiting for cars.
Valet Parking (Current Employee) –  Cedarhurst, NYDecember 21, 2017
Sometimes it will get chaotic with the amount of cars coming in. Its fun but very fast paced. There's an 45 min break and each key should come with a ticket and placed in the key board.
Great environment
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2017
It was a great job. The coworkers and managements were friendly and supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was doing something I loved. I also got tips
Not a very good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVDecember 9, 2017
Low paying job with little advancement possibilities. Poor management. The higher ups did not care for the employees, I would not recommend working for this company
Pros
Easy work
Short Notices and Dying Industry
Auditor/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 4, 2017
CPS was a great place to work years ago. However, with newer innovations, Parking is becoming more automated and doesn't have a need for an actual human being.
Towards the end antagonistic and non-productive
Parking Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 17, 2017
For the first several years there was an excellent working environment and much appreciation shown by our monthly customers at Christmas time as well as management. But that changed the last 2-3 years of my employment with the local management, due to teir antagonism of both employees and customers.
cool place
Crew Member - Central Parking (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 16, 2017
relaxed work. good for temporary job. typical work day consist of ticket sales and garage maintenance. Sometimes you will need to direct traffic to another parking location.
Pros
relaxed job
Cons
located out doors. gets cold in the winter
Electrician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2017
A typical day was making sure all facilities was well lighted . I learned many different types of light fixtures and where its best use..management was good. The hardest part of the job was getting stuck in traffic going to different facilities. Best part of the job was seeing a job completed.
Ok place to work
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 2, 2017
Ok place 2 work not to much overtime in the location i was at. But for the most part a good work environment. I️ got to interact with a lot of people that cane to view the baseball games
It was a different experience.
Parking Lot Booth Attendant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2017
It was a change of pace. A new experience. The cons of this position was being out in the cold for long periods of time with only just a little heater.
Good
Valet Driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 17, 2017
Central Parking was a great and balanced work environment that allowed me to meet new people and build lasting relationships, while giving me the skills to build my communication skills.
Pros
Positive work enviornment
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 10, 2017
Meeting new people each day was a bonus for me. You never knew how you would come across and how they could help benefit you, whether it was just a smile or showed gratitude. I learned of many different parking rules and regulations. This position was a laid back but upbeat position at times depending on the season.
fun and friendly
Traffic Director (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 5, 2017
working at this job was fun and very friendly I was introduce to a lot of people and was able to be involved in a lot of events management was awesome the hardest part of this job was working in freezing cold
Problem solving required
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 5, 2017
Must be able to assist clients on a daily basis, solve accounting and payroll problems. There was not a hard problem working with the organization however, it no longer exist. The most enjoyable part was the bond that the employees had.
Pros
Employee recognition awards
Cons
Organization closed
Lead Auditor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 4, 2017
I worked for this place and was trained in many different areas. I could do customer service, ground transportation, cashier, auditing, help HR when needed. This company was bought out by SP Plus.
Working part time
Parking Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 28, 2017
If you have medical emergency such as can't breath because of cold you just got released from the hospital, and if you called in to say your going to be late you get don't told bother coming in at all. and let go because of medical reason.
Pros
easy work
Cons
bad management
Depending on the season and events, it could be slow or fast paced work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Depending on the season and events, sometimes it can be slow and other days very fast paced work environment. While it is fair for those of us who work as supervisors and managers, it is less fair work environment for parking attendants who get paid minimum wage.
Pros
Great benefit fair pay for manager
Cons
Long work hours and low pay for attendats
Relaxed - stressful.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Starting as a cashier with central parking was relaxed job. when I get into supervisor position the work load increased. With the work load I had I also had good friends/ co-workers. I enjoyed working with central parking.
Work experince
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 7, 2017
Central Parking was a laid back job ,but the mangers had a very bad attitude . I would have going back until I received another job. It's more a older person job . .