Central Peninsula Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
LAUNDRY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Soldotna, AKApril 20, 2018
A great place to work! Great benefits and schedule fits my family needs. Being an Environmental Technician, patient is always the first. Lots of training and certification can be obtained, An advancement in this career is available.
Amazing company
Admissions Registrar (Current Employee) –  Soldotna, AKSeptember 3, 2017
This company is a great place to work! I work in Admissions, but I know everyone. The staff is friendly and the pay is great! I am truly sad to be leaving! I am only leaving because I am relocating out of state.
Pros
30% off lunch
Can be a struggle due to low staffing, but well equiped for this area of Alaska
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKJune 27, 2017
My manager made this job. Strong support with training, information and feed back.
Benefits were mediocre. My insurance did not cover very well and they did not follow up on my retirement.
Pros
Education, inservices and peer support
Cons
more physician focused and not nurse focused.
Good Atmosphere but stuck in the basement
Intern (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKJune 18, 2017
Has a wonderful service department and a wonderful staff to work with them. However being stuck in a dark basement doesn't give a good vibe and there is constantly having construction which doesn't give quality air.
Everyone was quite fun to be with and to work with; mainly the staff is the best part of the job would be the wonderful co-workers.
Amazing
Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Soldotna, AKJune 15, 2017
I have never been so satisfied with my career and those I work with. Job satisfaction and employee engagement are top priorities in the department that I worked in.
Awesome workplace and coworkers
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AlaskaJanuary 31, 2017
Performance of venipuncture on adults and pediatric patients, specimen collection for laboratory analysis and various clerical skills.
Pros
Planetree Hosptial
Job was fun
Chef (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKSeptember 21, 2016
Work place was at times not a great environment because of Managers! Need managers that will stand by what hey say and to back the employees they put in charge instead of saying they never said that
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Crappie coworkers and managers
No comment
PC/LAN Technician II (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKJuly 31, 2016
I left there not disclosing the real reason why, and I'd like to keep it that way. all I can say is it is a good place to work if you are into playing politics, it being a small town.
fun caring workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKJanuary 25, 2016
greet customers. make coffee help out in the cafe. clean. hardest part of the job is all the training and learning. they will help with continueing education
Pros
free lunches
Great place to work with excellent benefits
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AlaskaJanuary 21, 2016
A typical day at work is very very busy the minute your shift starts. RN's, Physicians, techs and patients all vying for your time at once while answering phones and transcribing physician orders.
I learned medical terminology and how to multi task quickly.
Management was very good, compassionate and understanding of employee issues
Co workers were CNA's and other clerical assistants.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with very sick or dying patients.
It was also the most rewarding part of the job, to show compassion and love to hurting people.
Fun place to work. People in the kitchen are great.
Food Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKJanuary 3, 2016
The management in the kitchen is great, good communication and very fair. Great place to work, amazing people. Some patient interaction. Good lunch times, with one free meal.
Pros
Benefits are great.
Staff nurse Floated between PACU/Day Surgery (Current Employee) –  Soldotna, AKFebruary 12, 2015
I worked there for 10 years. I worked in several areas including pacu,ds,extended stay and gi lab. Very busy and hectic work enviroment but ran well.
Pros
Location and staff
Small but well equipped and moderan
Med Tech III (Current Employee) –  Soldotna, AKNovember 11, 2014
This is a great place to live and work. The hospital continues to grow and provide to the community.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Not enough admin time assigned to keep up with QC, procdures and other supervisor duties
Nice place to work
Staff Technologist (Former Employee) –  xrayNovember 3, 2014
pleasant working environment , nice facility knowledgeable staff
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Sleep Testing
Polysomnographer, Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKMay 13, 2014
Central Penisulla Hospital has a terrific Respiratory Therapy Director (Paul) and most in the department were vey nice to work with. Medical Staff is a little dated in attitudes and tend to bully emplyees
Pros
Great Respiratory Staff
Cons
Old School thought process from Medical Staff
Very flexible employer
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKMay 12, 2014
Great opportunity to work flexible hors. However the owner accepted a job with the government and is no longer in business.
I loved working here.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKFebruary 24, 2014
I was able to learn and train in a positive environment. I felt supported and encouraged as a nurse.
The MRI position is physically and mentally demanding.
Senior MRI Technologist /Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Soldotna, AlaskaFebruary 4, 2014
The typical work day at Central Peninsula Hospital is scanning 10 to 14 examinations with no fellow technologist help. The position is physically and mentally demanding. I have learned to have exceptional judgement and time management skills.
Pros
Central Peninsula is located on the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska.
Cons
Lack of lifting and transport help.
Very satisfying position and place to work
Record Analyst (Current Employee) –  Soldotna, AKSeptember 26, 2013
I have always enjoyed working in the medical record field. Working at Central Peninsula Hospital has been a great experience for me and I have always gotten much satisfaction working there. I get along well with all of my co workers and enjoy going to work because of the teamwork that we all share as well as the friendships that we have developed. One of the hardest part of my job has been the amount of changes that have been happening over the past couple years, and one of the best part of my job is learning to like the challenge of working through those changes with a positive attitude. All of my job is enjoyable. I love variety and this job has definitely given me that.
Pros
Great benefits and pay, outpatient services are free to the employee as well as all inpatient hospitalization fees, (not including physician fee), discounted meals of 25% to employees.
Cons
I cannot think of any cons
Behavioral Health Out-patient Therapy.
Clinical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Soldotna, AKFebruary 23, 2013
Very busy outpatient behavioral health office serving clients with active addictions and substantive need for residential treatment for substance abuse and dependency. Opportunities to integrate the disease model of addiction treatment and the BRENDA intervention model.

Collaborative opportunity to work shoulder to shoulder with addicts in recovery who are also porbationed felons, assisting with life skill development and trauma recovery. Clinical Director's management style is very directive, yet professional and supportive. Co-workers are generous with their time and support throughout the workday and willingly offer schedule coverage and collaboration on projects.

The hardest part of the job is the software interface with documentation in both a paper system and an electronic medical records system. Often, duplication is required and results in personal frustration and time-consuming tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job is the face to face interaction with clients and developing therapeutic interventions that are sustainable and life-changing.
Pros
16 hours ce per year. sign-on bonus after one year.
Cons
i am the only licensed professional other than the clinical director.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Peninsula Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Central Peninsula Hospital Reviews by Location