Central Piedmont Community College Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Fun Workplace and No Advancement Opportunities
Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 20, 2018
Sit all day in front of a workstation taking calls. I learned about the Ticketing System (Footprints) and better my customer services skills. The management need to learn how to communicate with there employees.
Pros
Fun Workplace
Cons
No benefits, No Advancement Opportunities
Cpcc
Campus Technology Services - Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 28, 2018
CPCC is a good Community College to work for. We have State Employee benefits. And a fair compensation plan. The staff are friendly and easy to work with.
What I enjoy the most
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 5, 2018
Some of the things I like about my current job is that I work with excellent coworkers and supervisor, also, I have the opportunity to interact with diverse culture
Great place to work with students.
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 30, 2018
The program director is an excellent role model for the students and for the field of respiratory therapy. The resources available for clinical concepts have steadily improved.
Stressful work environment with underlying racial discrimination
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2018
The department I work in is very toxic. We have had failed reorganization attempts every year for the past five years. This has lead to a significant amount of back stabbing and negativity among peers. Collaboration is necessary, but is often difficult. Some decisions on the advancement of personnel have seemed to be racially biased.

The work I do is rewarding because of the population we serve, but due to poor management of our fiscal budget and attrition, many employees in my department feel overworked, underpaid, and un- appreciated.
Pros
State Health Plan
Cons
Low salaries, hostile work environment
Laid back
Internship (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 7, 2018
Loved my job as an intern for the nursing department. The job itself was very relaxing not stressful at all & I loved my supervisor. She was the best. Never had a problem.
Great Place
Writing Tutor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 6, 2018
I love working at CPCC. I felt my managers were understanding, the hours were flexible, and I loved working with the students. There really isn't anything negative I can say.
Wonderful school of opportunity!
lnstructor & Educator (Current Employee) –  Matthews, NCApril 16, 2018
I'm not only a Central Piedmont student... I'm also a teacher!

I completed course work back in 1998.

20 years later I'm teaching a Continuing Education course on Voice Over as a Career.

Both experiences have been wonderful. As a student, the guidance and affordability were paramount; As an instructor the tools and facilities are modern, up to date and always clean and bright!
Pros
Modern resources!
Cons
None I can think of at this time.
Interesting
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 8, 2018
Pretty laid back and active work environment. Work consisted of assisting students with projects more than actual computer maintenance. What I enjoyed most was working with a mentally impaired student, and showing them coping mechanisms, in addition to how to be independent with a learning disability. The management of my department, no comment.
Pros
Creative work environment, exercising interaction with mentally impaired, quality assurance and feedback on student projects
Great Coworkers!
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 3, 2018
Great group of people to work with. Coworkers become like your family. Lots of opportunities for trainings. Fast paced environment where you get to work with (potential) students on a daily basis.
Pros
Great environment. Fun.
Cons
Lack of advancement.
Intern
Assistant to Associate Chief Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 1, 2018
I have applied for numerous full time positions at CPCC with no luck. The positions are seemingly competitive and it is hard to tell exactly what kind of employee they are seeking. I was told as an intern it would be easier to transition into a full time role. That was far from accurate.
Senior Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 20, 2018
I enjoy working at Central Piedmont Community College because you get the opportunity to attend Professional Development Workshops. You are able to interact with a diverse group of people.
Pros
You are able to take a free class each semester
Cons
Not a lot of places to eat in the area for lunch
Adjunct Instructor
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 8, 2018
Great place to work. Im an adjunct Instructor teaching part time. I've learned to implement different teaching styles based on each individual student.
Fun workplace to get experience from to get your career built up.
Mail Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 28, 2018
In my experience CPCC is one of the great place that you can start your career while you at school. I have learn a lot as a student as well as an employee. The management is very compromise especially if you are a student.
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
short breaks and have to be on time
Fun Working Environment
Personal Chef Charlotte (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 22, 2018
I love being surrounded by people who enjoy the culinary industry and nutrition as much as I do. We're always learning something new and I love being able to pass my passion along to other people.
Government Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 19, 2018
Many people on your team really act like it is a government job and they cannot be fired. This drives the attitude of everyone down. Could not get rid of bad co workers because of HR.
Life, Goals, dreams made possible
Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 16, 2018
I enjoyed attending and working at Central Piedmont Community College.
I received lots of help and sound wise counsel on career choices.
I was also afforded lots of opportunities that I would have never experience; If I hadn't work there.
Productive place to work
Registered Nurse, BSN (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCFebruary 12, 2018
taught from NC state approved Nurse Aide curriculum, learned how to change teaching styles to ensure all students understood material provided.
the most enjoyable part to see the students return demonstrate material covered.
Great atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 12, 2018
I love the staff and I enjoyed working with the students. My supervisor was a wonderful person whom I would not hesitate to work for again should the opportunity arise
No Comment
Program Director/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Central CampusFebruary 8, 2018
Central Piedmont Community College is a great place to work. The collaboration between Instructors is awesome and provides students with a top-notch education.