Central Research Employee Reviews

Government Contract for Student Loans
assisting of the defaulted of student loans (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMay 23, 2018
Was the worst place to work for. A complete dictatorship. Ran by ex military owner that ran it like the military. Not a pleasant work environment most of the time.
Great place to work with solid job security
General Clerk 1 (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 8, 2018
CRI is a great place to work if you're looking for a stable job with potential to move up as positions become available. And since the company likes to promote from within, the opportunity for advancement is very high. However, the job is still paper intense so if you can't work with paper files eight hours a day this one might not be for you. But they train you very thoroughly to be able to do the job and the supervisors and administrative staff are top notch. The work environment is mostly friendly and everyone typically gets along well. Overall CRI is good place to get in with.
Workplace
AWG Admin (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARFebruary 11, 2018
Its a call center but I do miss some of the people. You have to be competitive. No accountability for management. Even when you are working to try and meet goals it is never enough they want more.
If u don't meet goal in 90 days your fired
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARFebruary 9, 2018
This place used to be great I loved going to work but they changed things up that it sucks to work there, you can't call in if you have a sick child if I get sick it counts against you the only time an absence won't count against you is if you are dying or having a baby, if you don't meet your goal in 3 months in a row you'll get fired, you get fired for anything there beware
Dont do it, keep looking
General Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXFebruary 7, 2018
There are alot of people here who start Drama, drama and more drama! Don't do it, turn around and keep it moving! If I would have know what I was getting into no I wouldn't of worked there!! Another thing HR and Management is always taking up for each other and for the ones who start the drama! #goodluck
Pros
Beside being able to go home @2:30 .. None
Cons
This Place Sucks!
Deopii
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2018
Production environment processing highly classified documents. Identified documents needed to process visa, keyed, performed biometrics and batched in files.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Laid off and hours cut due to low work load
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJanuary 14, 2018
Repeated work everyday.
A typical day at work. Hours are okay.
They continue to take employee vacations, reduced salary, no promotions, no raises.
Easy work but made it so complicated for everyone.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Reducing Employee benefits and No advancement
its a job
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2017
Central Research offers a chance to learn about different application filed under the Department of Homeland Security. If you are looking for a fast paced production job then it is a good job for you.
stressful
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 21, 2017
they choose and pick their favorites - unfair - some people get written up for certain things while others do not - no room for growth - alot of work with not enough pay
Pros
coworkers are cool
Cons
management, healthcare is bad, get lied to alot here, things get updated so often you cannot keep up with them
Workplace
Representative (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARDecember 10, 2017
Its a call center but I did miss the people I became close to. You have to be competitive and deal with mangers and higher staff remembers to make changes like a snap and expect a high level of out put.
Management has no leadership skills. No experience running a company.
Sales manager II (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNNovember 14, 2017
People working under the current management system have no confidence in the management. A lot of negativity between exempt and non exempt employee's.
Pros
Government and Pharmaceutical companies need this product
Cons
Company can't find good help, drive from the cities is not convenient. Dysfunctional, high stress work environment.
Productive and Competitive
Collections Manager, ED (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 29, 2017
Absolutely loved working at Central Research, great staffing and Management. Flexibility was wonderful. Would recommend this job to others. Hope to one day return.
productive and positive work environment
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2017
it was an interesting way to poll public opinion for the greater good.

i feel that one could gather a lot of info on presidential/local election thru this company.
Pros
flexibility
Part Time Researcher
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARMarch 29, 2017
The office management plays the day and night shift against each other to avoid taking responsibility for their terrible policies. This breeds animosity. Stingy with raises and bonuses.
deadline driven
DATA ENTRY OPERATOR II (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMarch 23, 2017
Fast paced and deadline driven, no room for advancement, management and supervisors make changes without consulting with the actual people performing the task.
The job was not worth the paycheck
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 22, 2017
At central research they have two shifts one shift starts from 10 am until 4 pm and the second shift is from 4 pm to 8 pm so its only a part time job for $10.00 an hour the job is not worth it
Terrible new contract.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJanuary 3, 2017
The contract changed from VETS to Central Research.

Still no raise. The vacation/sick time "accumulates" so you have to wait to get your deserved time off even after working for the "company" for 20 years or however long.

Unprofessional supervisors and managers have no business managing anything.

No flexible hours. It's either first shift or second shift. Little to NO job advancement/no growth within the company. No matter what other position you get, it's still going to be a nightmare. Unorganized systems that crash every day. They try to make the environment fun on holidays but it's still a fail considering everything else.

Only positive thing is job security, as long as you generally do what you're supposed to do you'll never get fired. Plus there's insurance.

My advice, look elsewhere!
Pros
Insurance. Weekends and major holidays off.
Cons
Everything else.
Great Employer (Alexandria, VA Office)
Market Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 14, 2016
The Virginia office of CRI does federal contracting work with DC agencies and is different from the research centers in Arkansas. I currently work for the VA office and it has been great so far. Leadership is solid from the top down, the people are fun, and the pay is competitive. Would recommend to a friend if I knew any looking for available positions here.
Great people and good pay.
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 15, 2016
I have worked here for about 1 year and it has been wonderful. They hired me with a slim knowledge of office work with the entry level position for a collector. I am so thankful they have given me an oppurtinuity. With just working here under 6 months they asked if I would accept a lateral move in the company. I was happy to try it out, and I couldn't ask for a better job!! We can get alot of jobs shoved off on us and stay over busy and sometimes feel overwhelmed, but with the team we all get it done! Outside of our team i feel there's is not much support for us to go to. There is small room to grow in this company, healthcare is not amazing, but co-workers are great! My manager is the best, understanding, loving, always ready to help, and is a true people person. As to the floor managment I have heard the opposite, before my move I had gotten along great with managment and all collectors there except they would dissapear when you needed help. The turn over rate is very high, half do quit and the other half were laid off because of company budget, although, were invited back. Lots of gossip started after that and really hasn't dropped. Here we get decent pay, amazing office hours, weekends off, paid holidays, PTO, 401k, and healthcare (not that great with family/kids). But I love my job and people I work with. I recommend!!
Pros
co-workers, office hours, decent pay
Cons
Cellphones off in building, parking and healthcare
Great work environment, an amazing staff and so much room for oppurtunity
Collection Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 13, 2016
I have never worked for a company more staff oriented than Central Research. The VP goes above and beyond for her staff members and is always looking for ways to improve the workplace and employee's skills. There is so much room for growth within this company and everyone is given an oppurtunity for advancement when available. If you want to work for a rewarding company who cares about their employees this is the job for you!
Pros
Rewarding with a great work environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Research. Our community is ready to answer.