CENTRAL ROOFING COMPANY Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stressful and Full of uncertainties
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNApril 23, 2018
started work at 5am by reviewing forcasted weather and then communicated with crew foreman on the plan for the day. Followed up with issues that arose at job sites. Updated the president on days activities, planned and set up crews for next day's work, scheduled material deliveries. Tracked daily hours against estimates on all jobs to maintain the bid pace. Adjusted crew cost and pace as needed to achieve balance on estimated job.
Pros
company vehicle 24/7
Cons
President was always changing my plans behind my back.
Senior Estimator (Former Employee) –  Gardena CaliforniaFebruary 20, 2017
Great company to work for. Very friendly atmosphere and attitudes of all the workers. Anyone looking to work at a roofing company Should apply at Central roofing.
Okay job
Flat Roofer (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAMarch 25, 2016
Hot work temperatures. I learned more about roofing that I previously knew. Management wasn't that great. The foreman told an co-worker I was making more money than he was making and asked for more money the next day because he was on the job longer than I was. I showed the supervisor that I could apply hot tar, so I got paid more. The hardest part was listening to racist comments and have a few other workers caused problems and later on lied on me to the supervisor that I didn't work but just sat around and did nothing. The hours were great. Start at 4am and get off work at 3pm.
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
Unfriendly and unprofessional management
Hot Days, Hard Labor.
Commercial Roofer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 18, 2013
Tear off of old roof, clean up, building of new roof, organizing materials, machines, and tools. Helping others.
Pros
the people i knew there were nice.
Cons
i would get a 20 min break after 3.5 hours of work, and a 30 min break at lunch.
Typical construction work
Sheet Metal Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 12, 2012
Standard manual labor

Great pay and benefits

Valuable venue for training and experience for tradesmen

Outside work environment