Central State University Employee Reviews

A good place to work for professors
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHJuly 4, 2018
CSU is a HBCU that offers friendly working environment and various funding and collaboration opportunities. It is a four-year teaching university and a land grant institution. It offers full-time teaching professor positions as well as research professor positions. I enjoyed work here. The salary is competitive and my colleagues are supportive.
Higher Education
Institutional Advancement Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHFebruary 20, 2018
Excellent place to work. I loved working here. Great learning environment. Students are inspirational. Faculty and staff are helpful. Special events are exciting.
Pros
Good learning environment
Cons
Low salary
college experience
Model (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHOctober 30, 2018
My experience at the institution throughout the standard four years was interesting, knowledge fulfilling and culture shocking considering that my college was a Historically Black University.
Some facilities need updating.
Criminal Justice Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHJanuary 24, 2019
Adjunct Professor teaching Criminal Justice Courses on the Xenia main campus and Central State West in Dayton, Ohio. I enjoyed the students. Pay was lacking.
College Life All Over Again from a Different Perspective
Residence Hall Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHJanuary 9, 2019
Enjoyed being to guide and protect our up and coming youth who will one day lead the nation. It was very rewarding to see how to students responding to me after they understood I was there for them. Wouldn't change this experience for the world
Pros
Being a mentor
teacher assistant
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHDecember 27, 2018
I was an undergraduate student working under my professor. i was able to use word, planning and organizing skills development. my favorite part about my job it was on campus
Poor Management
Head Men's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHMay 10, 2018
Cut throat place to work and lack of expertise of supervisors in all areas of the university. Workplace culture is stressful and no chance for career advancement.
Pros
Sports
Cons
Poor Management
great place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OhioSeptember 5, 2018
Central is a great place to work. You're exposed to different culture and diversity. The instructors are well trained and educated and they believe in their students.
Fun and challenging place to work
Director of Online Learning (Current Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHJuly 17, 2018
I have enjoyed working at Central State and I would love to continue to work there but there is not much opportunity for advancement. I wish there were more communication between leadership and their downline
Pros
Great mission and good flexibility
Cons
Lack of support
a great place to work
H.R. Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHNovember 19, 2017
Worked in human resources doing clerical duties: filing, update data base with applicants and response correspondence. Helped with benefits mailing and assisted with new employee orientation. Very highly paced workplace. Management was supportive.
Pros
good experience of Human Resource Department
Cons
short term job
A day's work
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHNovember 14, 2017
A normal day at Central, a person usually has a certain building on campus to maintain. Custodians also advise and communicate with management about problems in building and repairs that may be needed
Pros
education and benefits
Cons
teamwork
Central State Univ
Adjunct Faculty, Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHAugust 8, 2018
Central State University is a 4 year university.

This is Historically Black University.

This university is located in Wilberforce, Ohio.

I recommend this university.
Unprofessional
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHFebruary 24, 2018
This is by far one of the worst places I have ever had the misfortune of working. I do not even know where to begin to express how awful it is to work here. I dread going to work on a daily basis. First of all, their hiring practices are inconsistent and unfair. Few people are hired based on merit or actual qualification for the job; instead cronyism and nepotism abound. As a result, the burden of work falls on those who are truly competent, increasing stress levels to stroke proportions. People are routinely fired without notice or apparent cause, even those in "high" positions, and rarely is the staff notified. Secondly, CSU is so technologically behind the times, if it weren't so sad it would almost be laughable. This increases the frustration and stress of performing the job day to day. Management does not listen to suggestions for improvement, they make demands and expect miracles. "Management," by the way, consists of a bunch of people with a lot of letters behind their names who want to show one another how intelligent they are. It would appear that few people, even the faculty, truly care about the students, who are the reason for CSU's very existence. CSU has been in existence for 131 years and I honestly do not see how they are still standing. They turn a blind eye to problems, inflate their so-called successes and put on a public face that is intended to hide the true ugliness of the campus culture. This is an absolutely horrible place to work and I encourage NO ONE to apply for a job here.
Pros
I love the students.
Cons
Everything else
Not a bad place to work
County Agent (Current Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHJuly 17, 2018
The department that I work for is going through some restructuring which will effect the responsibilities of my position. I really enjoyed my position under the previous structure system.
Pros
Ability to effect change in the community.
Cons
Not much support from leadership.
Productive workplace
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHJuly 20, 2018
I worked as a university center tutor for three years. The students are great. This expanded my passion for teaching. The University allowed me to work and receive my degree, while working around my schedule.
Pros
work around your school scheduel
Cons
pay is low
Great place to be
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHJune 2, 2018
Worked as an undergraduate with a research group to design, build, test and deploy smart technology machines to precisely and economically destroy pest in agriculture production. Using directed energy, robotics, and computer vision, light of specific frequency, and duration replaces post emergence herbicide to control weeds.
A great place for students to work
Librarian in Training (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHJune 21, 2018
This is a great place for students to work to get job experience. However, if you are an outsider coming in it is very hard to get a job. It would be better to be a student and get job placement.
Pros
IF you are a student you can get a wonderful job
Cons
not ideal if you our non staff or students
Productive and fun place to work
Residence Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHApril 29, 2018
I loved the environment of culture of Central State University! I was challenged daily to become better and consistently meet deadlines. It stretched me to great heights!
Productive workplace
Research Student (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHMay 24, 2018
The job was very hands on and I gained a lot of experience from it. The instructors were very helpful and they kept everything professional. I really enjoyed doing research at Central State University.
Great
Office manager (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 14, 2018
Company hired for website and templates , have technical errors, on website upload, confusing information, interpretation of the interviewer to read when submitting. Problems with submission of interviewee.
Pros
Great temporary internet site
Cons
Difficulties with website technicians, and new company hire has posed a problem for recruitment