Central Texas Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
CTMC Experience
Emergency Room RN (Current Employee) –  Women's CenterApril 30, 2018
After many years working at this hospital, I find I am in need of a more challenging position, that will also give me the opportunity to work additional hours each week.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
more hours
Poor Ethical Culture
RN (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXApril 28, 2018
Poor management on multiple levels.
Unethical treatment of nurses- bullying. "Go along to get along" culture.
Misallocation of donated funds.
Poor pharmaceutical management.
Buying "seconds" for medical supplies.
Pros
Fair wages for level of education/ experience.
Cons
Often interrupted lunch breaks, poor leadership
Prn
CNA/ Tech (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMarch 31, 2018
I've learned lots of great new skills. But PRN hours are uncertain. Sometimes it can get crazy, but nurses are willing to help you and concerned. would highly recommend!!
Pros
cafeteria pay roll deduction
Cons
none yet- just uncertain hours
Productive and fun environment
Scan Technician (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMarch 23, 2018
I worked part time/temporary for this position. I worked Monday through Friday 8am to 12pm. I came into the office, logged onto the computer. Went through each employees folder to scan all their paperwork into the computer. Everyone there was very nice and always willing to help each other out.
Everyone knows one another
House Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Center, TXJanuary 14, 2018
Clinical shifts vary from 8 to 12 hours. The organization is religious based and strives to fulfill their mission of extending the healing ministry of Christ.
cooking/ dietary
San Marcos - Cook (Former Employee) –  Center, TXDecember 11, 2017
Good work atmosphere to work at. Very upbeat working experience. Very hands on with everything that i was apart of. Had many different job types while being there, not only working in the kitchen but doing events for CTMC as well as doing caterings for outside of work as well.
Pros
$5 meal ticket
Cons
30 min lunch break
Seeks new ways to improve patients healthcare.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXNovember 18, 2017
Healthcare company and employees are productive and stay at this job. I saw daily compassion and care for patients and visitors. The volunteers at CTMC are always trying to assist in any way they can. Nurses spend many hours here and do their best too.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Insurance for employees family is highly priced
Great place to get your feet wet
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 28, 2017
Central Texas Medical Center is a great place to work, especially if you're a new RT. It's a small non-profit hospital with lots of great staff to help with your learning adjustments. Due to it's size you'll be able to move around each department to get a wide range experience.You will be able to get experience in ER, Labor and Delivery, Nursery, Floor Therapy(Med Surg), PCU, And ICU. The Respiratory Manager is fair and believe in continued education. He believe in readiness and so where the hospital lack in volume, he make up in continuous education.
Pros
preparedness/ continued education
Cons
Lack of advancement due to the size of hospital
busy but nurses has teamwork
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Center, TXOctober 16, 2017
Teamwork- great.

Work?- tons- charting is horrible. Over all, I love working here. Doctor's are great. Charge Nurse are helpful. Old rooms but ok,
Overall great place to work
manager.Read and recorded temperature (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 3, 2017
The CTMC hospital is a quick pace environment that is challenging and rewarding. Working closely with nurses and doctors to better serve the community was the best part of the job. The ever changing administration made it at times harder than it needed to be with the expectation not always being presented or established.
Pros
Always new challenges and medical education available
Cons
constantly short handed
Small hospital
Registered Respiratory Therapist, PRN Pool (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 15, 2017
Overall, this place is a great place to work if you like small hospitals. There isn't much of an advancement for a RRT, but if you like comfort this is the place for you.
Pros
overtime
Team Leader Operating Room (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 11, 2017
Part of the Adventist system. Close knit staff and physicians. Listened to the nurses, lots of autonomy. Not a teaching facility, however the physicians were always willing to teach the staff.
Cook/prep
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 10, 2017
My here was intresting and educational.
It was not what i was expecting at first.
Would of stay here work. I enjoyed my job.
Due to my family issues . i had to leave.
Great Coworkers
Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 28, 2017
The atmosphere is great. Coworkers make work worth coming to. It can be busy and stressful at times but what job isn't? New management that's learning but overall a great place to work.
productive and fun workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 28, 2017
I loved working for ctmc. The entire staff on my floor was to die for. We werent only coworkers but family. I hate that im not working there. Id do anything to go back. The benefits and discounts were awesome. CTMC rocks!!
Very passionate work environment
CNA/Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 4, 2017
Central Texas Medical Center was my first medical profession and loved every minute. I am looking to advance my career into another position. They offered me the skills I needed in order to move forward.
Pros
friendly work environment, make your own schedule
Cons
pay is decent but could give a little more in the cna department
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMay 18, 2017
Central Texas Medical Center's culture is great. My time at the Central Texas Medical Center was wonderful. Management really took the time to listen to my concerns and needs, and I felt like a part of the team.
Productive Place
Certified Surgical Technologist/Purchaser (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 12, 2017
Small hospital and all get along well. The leadership teams are evolved with the employees well being. Efforts are made to make the work day easier for the individual.
Did not live out it's mission
anonymous (Former Employee) –  anonymousApril 25, 2017
I was originally interested in working here due to the mission statement of 'extending the healing ministry of Christ.' Unfortunately when I arrived I knew within 1 week of working here that wasn't the case. Just a few examples: Manager being dishonest about job description/responsibilities in interview, retaliation and bullying by Manager, veiled threats by Manager, being made fun of about being a Mother by co-worker during a 'meeting', inappropriate comments made by Manager, being followed to my car by co-worker, and Manager raising their voice during 'meetings'. I notified upper management about the above on more than 5 occasions and documented most of it and the behavior continued and nothing changed. This was by far the most oppressive and negative environment I have worked in in my entire career. Please be very wary when considering working here. I would think that a faith based hospital would help an employee who has consistent complaints about valid and pervasive issues that have been reported over and over again, however that was not the case. They stood by the above behavior that was reported over and over again.
Central Texas Medical Center
AUXILIARY VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Center, TXApril 17, 2017
I was an auxiliary volunteer at the hospital for over one year. An auxiliary volunteer in the hospital has many functions in hospitals. We take care of patients and patients' families, help staff with work overload and work at the information desk to guide hospital to visitors. I liked working for them because I met wonderful people who are selfless and like give their time to care for patients of all ages without getting a reward.
Pros
Management, administration, enjoyable
Cons
I moved too far away from the hospital.