Central Transport Employee Reviews

Great job home everyday
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNMay 24, 2018
THey paid me a big sign on bonus and put me in a brand new truck and trailer right out the gate with a steady 8:00 am start time everyday Monday thru Friday. Been driving for them six months now and they have been honest about everything. had a good experience so far! Plenty of work, you need to be able to work 10+ hours a day here. Last job stuck me on a forklift most days, they don't do that here.
Pros
Good new equipment good money steady hours nice folks
Cons
They dont have direct depost
This was a nice clean environment working for Central Transport other of the whole ordeal
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 23, 2018
This place is a very loving and respectful atmosphere nice friendly employees always willing to help when you have a problem trucks you clean foreclosure clean I had no problems with referring to other people to this establishment of employment.
Pros
Great hours great pay weekends off
Cons
Sometimes you work day be longer but nothing too hard.
Productive and face paced environment
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hillside, ILMay 19, 2018
On a typical day, I was in charge of placing the appropriate placards on each required load. Worked as a customer service inbound calls. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was able to track a customer's package.
Good company to work for
Truck driver (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 18, 2018
I have not been with Central Transport for very long but the short time I've been here, I have been treated very well. Trucks are new, paid very good every Friday, and home every day. Our terminal manager and HR manager had a cookout for us last week and told us we were getting a pay raise. All in all, I couldn't ask for more.
Pros
Good pay, home every day
Cons
None yet
Proud to work for Central Transport!
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 18, 2018
I enjoy working at Central. I run nights and when I get off Saturday early morning I do not have to be back to Monday night so I get to do lots of thigs with my family. I make great money being home everyday and have weekends off. Set schedule is perfect!
Pros
Home daily; Big sign on bonus; pay delay and breakdown pay
Cons
No Vision or Direct Deposit.
Got a job right out of My Cdl School
City Driver (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 17, 2018
Once I got my cdl it was hard for me to find a driving position with no experience. Central took me straight from school when all the other companies wanted me to have at least 1-2 years of experience. Central offered a great paying job where I drive locally doing pickups and deliveries and I’m home everyday. By far the best decision I’ve made in a long time.
Pros
Starting Pay rate, home everyday
Road Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 16, 2018
I've been at CT for about a year now. The pay is great, there are always plenty of hours available to work, trucks are new, new trailers are arriving at terminal, treated fairly by management .
Pros
pay, new trucks, steady work
Cons
no vision insurance
Job was okay
LTL Driver (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 15, 2018
The job was ok nobody bothered you as long as you did your job. I was an okay company to work for I really don't have any complaints about this company.
road driver home daily
Linehaul Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 11, 2018
I enjoy working at Central. I run nights going to Atlanta and back. I make great money I'm home everyday and have weekends off. I enjoy other drivers at terminal everyone helps each other out.
Pros
new tractors, pay
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMay 11, 2018
Central Transport has been a very good, reliable company to work for. I am home every day, paid every week, new trucks, and am treated with respect. I have referred friends to work here and will continue to do so.
Pros
Good pay, new trucks
Cons
N/a

Want to know more about Central Transport?

Ask a question
Come here if you want hours
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNMay 10, 2018
Got jerked around by a few companys lately that claimed to have lots of work but only worked me 8-9 hours day. Came to central as a daytime pickup delivery driver and they have given me plenty of hours every week since I came here. Got brand new terminal trucks and trailers and I don't have to work on the weekends. Best move I have made in years.
Pros
Plenty of hours & brand new equipment
Cons
Paper checks
Management Autonomy
Director (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMay 7, 2018
I was empowered to make decisions to benefit the employee, and the company. Daily challenges make the position fun and exciting. Nothing ever worked quite as planned, keeping you on your toes.
Pros
Great group of employees to work with
Cool place to work management could be more professional and relatable.
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 7, 2018
Cool place to work management could be more professional and relatable. Fast paced but easy and not too many people work there so less drama. Dusty and what ever the weather is you will know it. The warehouse is mostly covered.
Inconsistent, but good for some.
Data Entry/Biller (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 4, 2018
Things changed a lot during the time I was there, which lead to my leaving. Beyond that, there seemed to be a lot of favoritism, but, for the most part, you were left to do you job.
Truck Driver
Truck Deiver (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 4, 2018
Central Transport is a awesome place to work at. I got my cdl and they offered me a position right out of school and a lot of companies wouldn’t even give me a chance because I had no experience yet. The job is pretty simple and the work is year round. Great equipment too.
Pros
Local Work and Great pay
Cons
No Direct Deposit
linehaul driver - good pay
Linehaul Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2018
I enjoy working at Central I'm home daily, make good money, and steady work not sitting like I was otr. Pretty straight forward job typical day make run to another terminal pick up loaded trailer head back to home terminal and unload trailer with forklift.
Pros
money, new trucks
Cons
vision
Making more more money!
Road Driver (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMay 3, 2018
Banking 1500 a week home by 6 every day. pretty much my own boss, nobody bothers me. I do my job and get paid pretty decent on Fri. I wish for direct dep but check still works at the bank. benefits are ok. id like a better deductble. every one nice. we have contests and win prizes in summer we have cookouts. I have a decent ride and really no issues. I like my job at CT.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
need more match for 401k
Great opportunity after being OTR for over a year. Home daily and making grat money. Consider this company to be a long term job opportunity. Company
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 3, 2018
Have worked for Central Transport fro almost 1 year and about to get another raise! 2 pay raises in 1 yr! Have a set schedule Monday to Friday so I can actually make plans and be with my family on the weekends
Pros
Competitive pay increases, No pulling doubles, weekends off, set shcedule
Cons
Long hours, but well compensated, paperchecks/no direct deposit/ no vision insurance
Horrible Company
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMay 1, 2018
This company is the worst company I have ever worked for. The training was very terrible and very unprofessional. Working there was like prison.Yuck!
Pros
Cons
Prison atmosphere
linehaul driver
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 26, 2018
Central is an good company to drive for. The pay is competitive, there are plenty of hours available to work, trucks are brand new, and the managers are supervisors are easy to get along with.
Pros
pay, new trucks
Cons
no vision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

2.1Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight