Central Transport Employee Reviews

Join the team!
Linehaul Driver (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 24, 2018
Central Transport has been a good place to work. We just got new trucks, new trailers, and best of all, a pay increase. Don't believe the bad reviews that you see elsewhere.
Pros
pay increase, new trucks
Cons
No direct deposit
Very competetive rate of pay
Road Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 20, 2018
When I began working for Central Transport I was offered a $1500 sign on bonus. I was shocked and impressed with the amount and what little time was required. Since then the sign on bonus has increased to $5000 and the company has remained consistent with our pay increases. I've worked for other companies with similar benefits, but this company puts a lot of effort towards making the employees happy.
Pros
New Equipment, sign on bonus
Cons
No vision coverage
Line haul Driver
Linehaul driver (Current Employee) –  Hillside, ILApril 20, 2018
Central Transport has been good to me from the start of day 1. It is a very simple job that pays very well. You get your same run every night, the loads are always ready for you, and your home everyday. I would recommend working here to anybody.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Terminal Manager, Home time
Cons
No vision insurance
Linehaul Driver
Linehaul Driver (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 20, 2018
As a linehaul driver at the Toledo terminal, things are much better that most of the reviews I read before being hired on. Central Transport got me off of an OTR run and home every day! The pay is great and we are paid every week. The terminal manager cares about the people we have working here. Working the dock helps break the day up instead of just sitting in the truck all day. This place is on the rise and you would not regret being a part of it.
Pros
Home daily, paid weekly
Cons
No direct deposit
city driver
City Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 19, 2018
Nashville terminal is great place to work management treats everyone like family. Terminal just received new 2018 tractors. Job is fast paced usually start day around 9am and finish around 7pm making pickups and deliveries.
Pros
new trucks, good pay
Cons
no vision insurance
Great Company that cares!
City Driver/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2018
I am a city driver and usually work 11-12 hours per day and work the dock. It is consistent and hard work but it compensates by having most weekends off since we rotate every other Saturday which it gives us more hours which equals more money!
Pros
Plenty of hours and the hourly rate is very good. Since is a combinatin position, we don't get bored just driving and give us time to load/unload trucks (forklift)
Cons
Benefits can improve and have vision plan. OT after 55hrs
Management is difficult
Worker (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 18, 2018
Inconsistent and a harsh lack of accountability. Too many chiefs. Logistic nightmare. Poor equipment but mainly due to the issue of accountability. Loss of reality in the corporate office.
Horrible work place
Line Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 18, 2018
This was the worst job I've had. U work 72hrs a week. After driving they make u work the dock till your 14hrs is up then want u right back when your 10hr reset is up. Trucks are slow and horrible as well as working on the outside dock in any type of weather.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Everything about this job..
Terrible company
Assistant Terminal Manager/Outbound (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 15, 2018
Horrible company to work for. Poor management, poor benefits, poor equipment. No more needs to be said at this time. There is no opportunity advancement.
Nice place.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hillside, ILApril 14, 2018
quick pace work and friendly environment. Drivers and management were very professional and courteous the drive to work wasn't bad and if you needed time off they were pretty good.
Awesome Company to Work For!
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 13, 2018
I can finally be able to spend time with me family everyday thanks to Central Transport. No longer doing OTR because I was offered a Line Haul position which has me home everyday. The pay is great and the trucks and equipment are new. My manager and coworkers are cool guys to work with and I see myself being able to retire with Central!
Pros
Weekly Pay, Home everyday
Cons
No direct deposit
Linehaul Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 13, 2018
I run linehaul each night. I'm home everyday and have weekends off. I usually work about 10-12 hours a day, but I get a great paycheck each week. Also just got brand new tractors at terminal.
Pros
Home daily, weekends off, good paycheck
Cons
Vision Insurance
dangerous equipment, long hours a lot of unpaid time.
Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVApril 10, 2018
Do you like hauling illegal trailers with brake and light issues?
Do you like working for no pay?
Do you like when your company just removes money from your check and doesn't tell you why?
Well Central Transport is right for you then, the equipment is not maintained so if you want to drive something safe and legal you have to take it to the shop for no pay, when you break down you have to sit there for no pay, when you wait for another driver to arrive to swap trailers you do it for....NO PAY. Oh and benefits are a joke basically you are paying for nothing.
Pros
Cons
14 hours a night and everything else.
productdive/ fast paced/ challenging
Terminal Manager / Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXApril 9, 2018
I really enjoyed working with Central Transport. Central Transport offered great opportunity for advancement and my plans were to retire with them but unfortunately company decide to laid off part of management.
Pros
great benefits, travel, sales, safety
Cons
got laid off
Dont go there.Revolving door for the years i was there
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bath, PAApril 9, 2018
This is the worse place i ever worked for period.At least 5 diffrent terminal mangers in the years i was there.Heres a short list of the issues i encountered in the years i was there.
Expired registrations
ez pass tags not paid
pulling trailer with holes in them with hazmat
constant brake issues
10 min at a stop and dispatch wants to know the problem
shorting drivers on hours (Constant issue)
mangement telling drivers you wont get your paycheck if your mvr isnt turned in
Trailers being pulled with forklift drivers in the trailers
running 15 stops a day and coming back and unloading your trailer and be told you cant go home till you unload over the road trucks,
hazmat spills leaking out of trailers and never cleaned up
Cherekee insurance (blue shield adminstrater) and high high deductables
dock workers being yelled at constantly to move faster.

And the list goes on and on.Avoid at all cost.If you dont believe me try it and be apart of the revolving door at this scumbag company.
Pros
nothing besides the rate
Cons
everything
Home daily driver St. Louis
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 9, 2018
They got me out the OTR game and been payin me better + I'm home everyday. Equipment is brand new and I got a regular reliable schedule. Started on days doin local delivery work went to nights linehaul for a fatter check.
Pros
new trucks&trailers plenty of work good pay sign on bonus
Cons
no direct deposit
Goin on 7 years
City Driver (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNApril 9, 2018
Have been a city driver in blaine-used to be in mounds view for close to 7 years now. Company has made major improvements brand new trucks & trailers and brand new facility in blaine. We seem to get plenty of hours and did not have the seasonal slow down this winter. Plenty of work here to rely on and good start times each day.
Pros
Regular schedule/New equipment & facility/Reliable paycheck with benefits
Cons
no direct deposit
Line haul driver
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Hillside, ILApril 6, 2018
Road drivers can make a lot of money here at central, easily 1500+ every week. Plus driving at night is easy because there’s no traffic. Also if you want more hrs there’s plenty of work and the new trucks are great.
Pros
Great money and new equipment
Cons
Docks can get cold but definitely worth the pay
Great company to work for
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXApril 6, 2018
As a line haul driver I come in at a set schedule and do a turn for about 600 miles total, then go home. It is a set schedule so I can actually plan stuff with my family in the weekends since I have the weekends off! That is the best!
Pros
As a line haul driver I get a steady check as well a fix schedule and most of all weekends off!
Cons
No vision insurance
Good place to work/Great Pay
Class A Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 6, 2018
The Memphis terminal is a great place to work. I'm home everyday and get paid great. We have brand new tractors and getting new trailers in at terminal. There is a good team atmosphere with other drivers at terminal.
Pros
Pay, home daily
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

2.1Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight