Central Transport Employee Reviews

Bad management issues
Driver (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutDecember 15, 2018
Manager opened my check twice plus didn't report my hours of service and my days of work correctly, I've spent a whole month getting paid 280 dollars a week!!! The day before Thanksgiving everyone got paid except for me...he said at first my check was stolen from the office had to wait almost another week to get paid again 280 dollars a week!!! For driving a class A tractor trailer from Connecticut to Pennsylvania every night? And then they have the audacity to tell me they were going to fire me if I refused to take a load after seeing my check! I end up losing my job and all because of management I dont recommend this company to anybody and they still owe me money and deny it
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIDecember 14, 2018
While Working at Central Transport I was able to Balance social life around work which was very helpful. It taught me how important it was, especially since I was newly out of high school. There wasn’t a lot of times where I was able to talk to others around me whether it was about work or school related subjects. While working here I felt a lot of pressure with restrictions or rules and it was discomforting but didn’t effect the way I felt or worked.
Pros
Incentive bonuses
Cons
Not a lot of interaction
Plenty of Work
Road Driver (Current Employee) –  Hillside, ILDecember 14, 2018
I started as a City driver and switched to nights a few months after that. Best decision for me and my schedule plus the work is easy. I come and get my tractor and trailer and hit the road. Do some drop and hooks at other terminals and then come home. Really is that simple.
Pros
Benefits, Great pay, Home everyday
Cons
No direct deposit
Horrible Dont Do it!!!
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 10, 2018
Management is horrible the vegas manger at 891 will talk to you crazy then act like it didn't happen. The Line haul dispatch was no help at all the trailers are run down and are point blank dangerous. Long hours 14 hour days and oh yeah! If your new good luck with getting freight to run if your line haul which means you will not make any money your first couple of months.
Pros
New truck but other than that nothing!
Cons
Great driving career choice!
City Driver/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXDecember 10, 2018
Was hired 2 years ago and still enjoying my job at Central Transport. I have a set schedule and the pay is great. Benefits have improved drastically, new trucks, more and more new trailers coming in, and I have my own city route. I drive a 2019 Pete! Also I get to do some dock work which gives me an opportunity to do something else besides driving.
Pros
Competitive pay, New Trucks, plenty of hours
Cons
2 weeks behind in payroll, no direct deposit
The worse job I ever had out 12 yrs driving.
Truck Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Dunbar, WVDecember 9, 2018
The absolute worse job I ever had. Equipment is terrible. Impossible pick up and delivery. You are unappreciated. Manager won’t hesitate to throw you under the bus.
I want to thank them because if that job wasn’t so completely miserable I wouldn’t have got my own truck and started my own trucking company.
Pros
Zero
Great people
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 8, 2018
I've only been here a month so far so, my review has limited insight. I'm 49 and changed careers for the third time. Also, this is my first job out of trucking school so take it for what it's worth. So far, I am really enjoying it. I can see it's not for everyone but, I think it's a great fit for me. If you don't want a lot of hours or if you don't like changing up to work the dock after a run, it might not be for you. What really makes it great are the other employees, dispatchers, and management. Everyone is very helpful. If you have a question, don't be afraid to ask anyone. They'll all point you in the right direction if they can't answer it themselves. The equipment is all newer trucks. Home every night. Good pay. There aren't many downsides and the ones that are present, I can live with. Again, I'm new to this so, I still have a lot to learn. I'm glad I came here because they're all cool with that. One of the guys who trained me has been working here for over 9 years and still likes it. That says a lot.
Pros
Home every night, Lots of hours, Good pay rate, Great atmosphere, Advancment opportunities
Cons
No direct deposit, pay for benefits, time and half after 55 hours instead of 40
Local driving position
Linehaul Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 7, 2018
Central Transport is an good company to drive for. The pay is great got a large sign on bonus for starting. There are plenty of hours available to work. I run at nights leaving from Charlotte to Atlanta and back to Charlotte home daily.
Pros
Home daily, pay
Cons
No direct deposit
Good company to drive for
City driver (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 7, 2018
I was referred to Central Transport as a friend and have had a good experience. I have a 2018 tractor, new trailers, get paid well, and am treated fairly. If you are willing to put in the work, this is the place to be as there are always hours available. We are also getting vision insurance for 2019!
Pros
Pay, equipment, hours
Cons
No direct deposit
Line haul Driver
Road Turn Driver (Current Employee) –  Hillside, ILDecember 7, 2018
Just started with Central and I’m already loving it. I drop and hook from terminal to terminal and do a little bit of forklift work which isn’t bad at all. The cold weather suck but other than that the job is sweet. I’ll definitely refer a couple of my friends to Central because this is a great place to work for.
Pros
Weekly pay, Benefits, Huge Sign On Bonus
Cons
No direct deposit
Right choice for a driving career!
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXDecember 3, 2018
I have been with Central Transport for 4 years as a line haul driver and I am very happy here. Great choice 4 years ago. Even though is not dedicated routes I have a certain lane that I run every day and the opportunity to work the dock and make more money is awesome. I am planning to be here as long as I can. Very good management that cares.
Pros
Benefits are great, plenty of hours, great compensation
Cons
No direct deposit, 2 weeks behind on payroll.
1 star!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 3, 2018
Yelp reviewers give this company 1 star and that is all it would have here if managers weren't flooding this site with lies until they are fired. 4 hours each day will be spent working on the dock and you won't be paid but 1 hour if you are lucky. In talks with a law firm now about starting class action lawsuit for unpaid hours.
Good place to work, great pay, new trucks
City Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 30, 2018
I was referred to Central Transport by my friend and I’m glad I decided to apply. I’ve been making great money every week We recently got a new pay increase as well and to be honest I couldn’t be more happy with Central.
Pros
Great pay, new trucks
Cons
Cold on dock in winter
Easy dock work, Great Pay
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Hillside, ILNovember 30, 2018
The work is very simple. We unload and load trailers high and tight to get the maximum amount of product on each trailer. The only issue though is that when it gets cold outside you really got to bundle up real well to not let the cold weather bother due to the open dock. Other than that the job is sweet.
Pros
Weekly pay, Benefits
Cons
Open Dock, No direct deposit
Home every day
Linehaul driver (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 30, 2018
Working at Central has been good. I was OTR for a year but wanted to be home with the family. I am home every day working here. The pay is good and there are always hours available if you want to work.
Pros
new trucks, hours
Cons
no direct deposit
Not so much fun in the winter
Forlift Operator (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 29, 2018
You get paid weekly but they hold your first two checks (never heard of that) barley get over 30 hours. They add 2 hours to your time with 5 mins of work left. Truck drivers are very rude and impatient. First day they just told me to jump on a forklift and watch everybody. I had no experience. Very poor management they dont train you and I had to ask several times just to get my forklift certification. They didn't want to give it to me. Also its freezing cold in the winter they tore all of the doors off the dock.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Not full time the cold
Great job. Career path for many at Central
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 29, 2018
Office worker. Do you job, and they leave you alone to accomplish the tasks. Better benefits for 2019, with co-pay office visits, and new Vision! Also, Fidelity health saving account. Superb. This Company is moving in the right direction to be a publically traded Company!
Pros
Sometimes long hours, Lots of workload, But I want it all done...
Cons
Employee portal for personal Payroll/Benefits/PTO/401K all on one easy web based secure site, or an App. That would sky rocket CT to another level of employee confidence.
Management is sucks
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 28, 2018
No over time for certain people attitudes glaore point system is garbage no opportunity to advance no team work people sabotage your work load that place is not a good company sexist racist comments if u can deal with that it's a great place to work.
Little Rock Ar.
City Driver/Dock (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 23, 2018
Great place , excellent management , great groop of employees . City driver/dock $21.50 to start goes up every couple months till you get to $24.50 . Great job ,
overtime if you want it , voluntary extra runs on Saturday line haul to Dallas and Memphis sometimes . New and newer trucks , more new trailers coming in . Fast paced but layed back at the same time . Home every day off on weekends , off on big holidays .
Pros
$21.50 to $24.50 possible to go higher
Cons
Right choice for a driving career!
City Driver/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXNovember 19, 2018
As a city driver I come in every morning and work at least 11 hours a day. Start pay is very competitive and I enjoy that I get to also do some dock work besides driving. Gives me an opportunity to do something else besides being behind the wheel and makes my job more interesting and makes the hours pass by quicker. Long hours but at the end of the week, the pay check is very good and worth the hard work.
Pros
Benefits are great, plenty of hours, great compensation
Cons
No direct deposit, 2 weeks behind on payroll.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight