Central Transport Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMarch 15, 2019
You go in everyday, get your load, then head off to somewhere in Michigan, or over to our neighbor states. The dispatchers are pretty generous with your requests on where you'd like to go, which route you'd like to do, etc... The actual Supervisor is really an awesome guy! Very helpful, easy to talk to, and very understanding of any barriers or situations that may be hindering your job.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Very long hours!
Good people, not beat equipments
Local Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 11, 2019
Pay is good, people are okey for most part, management is good. They do write people up for some bogus things but good nonetheless. Equipments are not in the best shape, the Phoenix location has no mechanic on site at night, that sucks but it’s a good company overall.
City Driver
City Driver/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 11, 2019
So far it has been good with Central Transport. It a fast pace environment and dock work is required. At least it is forklift and not by hand loading or pallet jack. Can not complain about the pay. Also we get plenty of hours so at the end of a hard week, we get a pretty good check.
Pros
Good pay, good equipment
Cons
No direct deposit, 2 weeks behind on payroll
Bad company
CDL Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 8, 2019
Junk equipment. No service department. Tons of favoritism. Way to many hour's no time and a half pay. They hold 3 weeks of pay before you get your first check. Dirty runned down terminals they damage freight and don't care. And they will under pay you so you better keep track of your pay. I could go on and on the worst trucking company I have ever worked for stay far away.
the supervisor it's arrogant
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJMarch 7, 2019
It's Under New Management they went from a nice guy to a arrogant dude really rude don't care about their drivers to healthcare sucks . is a stressful job you don't want to come here
Company holds 3 weeks pay so they can short you every check!!
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 6, 2019
This company is such a horrible company to work for from the get go! You show up ready to work just to find out you will have 3 weeks held then find out you have to hop in a decent truck to pull a trailer that's falling apart! Not to mention they would force us to work the dock after every trip.

Management is a joke and they are always messing up pay, it took me a whole month to get paid for work after I quit!
Good City local position
City Driver/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 4, 2019
Was at first a little hesitant about this company but I am glad I made the decision to transition from OTR to local city driver for Central Transport. I get plenty of hours, home daily and a great pay. Every company has their issues as CT does but it is just a business trying to do better for drivers and customers. We getting new rucks, more new trailers and the changes made are for good.
Pros
Management cares, Lots of hours, great competitive pay, new trucks, new trailers coming in
Cons
No direct deposit, 2 weeks behind on payroll.
Sucks
Hard worker (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 1, 2019
This company has the worse benefits, longest hours, pay is comparable but no raises. All supervisors/Managers do is yell and scream your face. If you want to deal with powertrip losers come work here.
Don't
Semi Driver / dock (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 1, 2019
Company does not care about you ! Only about numbers, not a safe place to work, poor training. . Old junk trailers. Door's don't close 1/2 the time. Finally got new tractors they all ready are falling apart. poor to no service on equipment. trailers not loaded properly with hazmat. Dock is unsafe (when wet and holes in floor ) Not paid for down time hard ti get. (you have to give company 2 hrs .) then fight to get it. What corp G O says goes. Long hours 12 to 14 a day not paid overtime. Very high turn over on employs.
Pros
Cons
every thing
Worse job ever
City truck driver (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXFebruary 27, 2019
I've had bad jobs before. But wow this was a horrible experience. Managers and dispatchers are horrible. No people skills at all. No life. 12-14 hour days. 20 plus stops a day. If you don't pick up they give you a write up. Late for work. Write up. 110 degree fever and doctors order to stay home. Write up. You can die and they will give u a write up. This company does not care about you or your family. The owner has his own insurance company and can charge 100 a week for horrible health insurance. Trailers are old and nasty. Lights don't work and they want you to take it no matter what. Tractors are old. Forklifts don't work but your still need to use them. If not... Write up for not wanting to do your job. Also no over time. Because drivers can work 14 hours day.
Cons

Want to know more about Central Transport?

Ask a question
Great Driver opportunity and right choice for me!
City Driver/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 25, 2019
Have been with the company for a couple of months and its been a good experience. The company have new trucks which they are assigned and give us plenty of hours. Manager cares and always looking out for us. It is a fast pace in the city operatiosn but worhty. Good pay comes with hard work here. We work the dock as well and process our own freight which gives me some extra hours and more money every day/week. Planning to be here for a long time. Hard to find a good job like this in the Waco area.
Pros
Management cares, Lots of hours, great competitive pay, new trucks
Cons
No direct deposit, 2 weeks behind on payroll.
If you want to keep your mental health, don't work there
driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 20, 2019
The hardest part of this job - you are not considered as valuable human being - just as a tool to earn money for the company. When you encounter broken trucks/trailers/forklifts etc. you get tired of fighting with it, spending your time on a broken equipment and not getting paid. Company is cheap to fix on a spot what is broken, you need to take it to the different state. When inspector comes to the company, everyone is warned to play by the book. What is the point of having inspector?
Pros
Insurance, but it is with very high premiums.
Cons
Culture of wokrplace; broken equipment; not getting paid for hours you work; poor management;
What is going on here
A driver (Former Employee) –  NotFebruary 20, 2019
Seems like a lot of the reviews here were written by the same person or different people with basically the same script.Great pay all hours you want,big sign on bonus.by everyone.Makes me really wonder why they need to even advertise for open positions
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
fast pace no down time
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, CAFebruary 20, 2019
a typical day at work would be loading and unloading. I would handle the inspecting of loads to make sure they are loaded properly and securely. this consist of plastic wrap and bars to separate and protect loads.
Pros
weekly income
Cons
poor benefits
Its a job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2019
lots of hours, poor equipment, management can be understanding but they are overworked as well so the frustration rubs of everywhere. Its a fine place to work and make some money just don't expect to grow.
I wasnt there long enough
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 19, 2019
I wasn't there long enough to really have an opinion of the company overall. It was a fine place to work. I would say it is standard for the industry. Not bad.
Fun place to work
Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJFebruary 19, 2019
Central Transport is a strong company to work for. There is plenty of responsibilities to keep you going throughout the day. I take each task on and complete it with ease. I would recommend working at Central Transport.
Great Driver opportunity and right choice for me!
City Driver/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 18, 2019
Was hired as city driver and I am enjoying my job. Yes it is fast pace and sometime stressful, but manager will take care of any issues. We work the dock as well and process our own freight which gives me some extra hours and more money every day/week. being a city driver we much be quick and efficient in every pick up. The trainer was specific an detail and set me up for success. Planning to be here for a long time. Hard to find a good job like this in the area.
Pros
Management cares, Lots of hours, great competitive pay, new trucks
Cons
No direct deposit, 2 weeks behind on payroll.
Plenty of opportunities for growth!
City Driver/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXFebruary 12, 2019
Been with the company as a driver for over a year now and love it here. We get plenty of hours and the opportunity to bring home great paycheck every week. Even though we go thru lots of changes, they are for good. Dock work is require which it's forklift work and not hard. This is a long term job. Company is solid and every year they offer better benefits, better pay and newer trucks.
Pros
New trucks, now offering vision plan, lots of hours
Cons
2 weeks behind on payroll, no direct deposit
Garbage place to work No Respect!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAFebruary 10, 2019
Garbage trailers , management unprofessional, No Accountability, They Hire New Drivers from Trucking schools, lack of experience, get into accidents, New drivers get New Tractors and we Veterans get the old tractors, Really? Seniority does not prevail, Unload trailers after a hard day’s work too. Straight pay No good for employees, Don’t recommend this place for a career! Garbage dispatchers, You wAnt Respect and better wages ,benefits, Unionized this Organization they are anti union and Greedy!
Pros
Cons
Straight Pay, bad benefits, Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight