Central Transport Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good pay
P & D Driver (Current Employee) –  Hillside, ILAugust 14, 2018
The company has been constantly growing since I’ve joined them and were always getting more and more business. Driving for Central and making my customers happy everyday is a great feeling. I do some dock work that I don’t mind but I drive majority of the time.
Pros
Paycheck every week
Cons
No direct deposit
They're good people
Regional Employee Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNAugust 10, 2018
Central Transport is a rapidly growing and very financially stable company that is always creating new opportunities for internal advancement. To be successful here you need to have a strong work ethic and a positive attitude. Upward mobility can come quickly and you will be compensated more than fairly for it. The people at the top of this organization are genuinely good people who do the right thing every time in my experience. I have seen dock workers promoted to drivers, drivers promoted to supervisors, supervisors promoted to managers and managers promoted to regional managers. Highly recommend building your career with Central Transport.
Pros
Excellent pay, good benefits & great people to work with
Cons
No direct deposit
Easy night position
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Hillside, ILAugust 10, 2018
Driving during the day is just too hectic for me and ever since I found this line haul position with Central Transport I couldn’t be any much happier. The pay is great, I got a huge sign on bonus, and we just recently got brand new 2019 tractors!
Pros
Home everyday, Checks every Week
Cons
No direct deposit
truck driver
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 10, 2018
I joined about 7 months ago. Love this, I drive nightly to Mansfield, OH for 280.00 per night, then get paid 26.75 to unload the trailer. Easiest 300+ per night - best money I've ever made. Work average 12 hours per day. Just got a 2.00/hr pay hike. No intentions of leaving this place. Best kept secret in the trucking industry.
Pros
Sign on bonus
Cons
No direct deposit
enjoy job,home daily, great pay
Linehaul Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 10, 2018
Just recently started with company several months ago and am enjoying working here so far. I was otr driving team for 8 months decided to come in and apply got approved now I'm home everyday and got a big sign on bonus for starting. I'm easily making close to or more a week than I was otr driving team and home everyday.
Pros
great pay, new trucks
Cons
could upgrade pto time
Horrible experience
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 9, 2018
Been there for over a year and it’s been down hill for my life and family since I started. Terminal manager is horrible, constant pay fluctuations, and they use your PTO with out you permission. Stay away from this company, don’t go threw this headache
Cons
OT set at 55 hours, driver time is not counted
I like working here
Linehaul driver (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 8, 2018
Central Transport has been a good company to drive for and is getting better all the time with the new trucks and trailers, pay increases, and new forklifts.
Pros
New equipment
Cons
No direct deposit
Safety Issues
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHAugust 7, 2018
Safety need to be addressed. I had many safety concerns. Also, management can be improved. My experience at this company was not a pleasant one due to these concerns.
Pros
Immediate Hire
Cons
Poor safety and management
Long hours but good pay!
City Driver/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXAugust 7, 2018
Great company that gave me a chance as a driver with less than a year experience and it has been great so far. I get plenty of hours and bring home a good paycheck. Grateful to be in the trucking business driving for Central Transport. I get to do some forklift work and drive which makes the day go fast by staying busy. Hard work, but it pays off every Friday!
Pros
Great pay, good work environment, weekly pay
Cons
No direct deposit, two weeks behind on payroll, benefits can improve
Do Not Recommend
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAAugust 6, 2018
Poor upper management and equipment is old and unreliable. Not a lot of ability to make decisions at the local level. Have to run many things up the ladder to the corporate office for approval that could be done locally.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Poor equipment and unskilled labor
P & D Driver
City driver (Current Employee) –  Ft. Wayne, INAugust 6, 2018
I have my same route everyday and make the same customers happy also. Making pickups and deliveries during the day isn’t bad at all especially when your in a brand new truck!!
Pros
Weekly pay, Home daily, Sign on bonus
Cons
Paper checks
Pay for benefits
Senior Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIAugust 3, 2018
Company doesn't pay very much towards health care. It's a way they get you to start working there, Paid over 80.00 a week for a single health care program, via umbrella blue cross blue shield. My wife has same care at her job only $7.00 a week.
Pros
checks never bounce
Cons
no social life
Home daily good job
City Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 3, 2018
I work as a city driver making pickups and deliveries to different customers. I'm enjoy my job home everyday drive during day make great money. Terminal has new trucks and just got a large pay increase.
Pros
money, home daily
Line haul nights
Linehaul night driver (Current Employee) –  VandailaAugust 3, 2018
Driving at nights, going to meet points, swap loads with other company drivers, and return. Really easiest job I've ever had. Only problem is lazy drivers who can't properly pre-trip or post trip. That is is an issue, but that is industry wide- with same problem here. Otherwise, this is a fantastic job, that has me home every day and I never work weekends. Those who complain, are pretty clueless, as this gig is likely the best trucking job I have found. The company really just leaves ya alone if you get and go.
Pros
sign on bonus
Cons
No vision, terrible PTO, that needs to improve
Good team
Linehaul Driver (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 2, 2018
We have a good team at the Detroit terminal. Managers treat everyone well, the pay is good, new trucks, some new trailers, and home daily. Can't really ask for a whole lot more. Working the dock isn't bad either.
Pros
Good people
great home daily job
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 1, 2018
Local pickup and delivery work. I get consistent route everyday same areas, mostly same customers. Run day cab twin screw trucks and still have 10 speed manuals!
Pros
$1500/week benefits no weekends
Cons
Paper checks
Central Transport is the place to be!
City Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 1, 2018
Been with the company for several years and planning to stay for more years to come. Got to know my customers and have my own route. I get plenty of hours and bring home a great paycheck weekly. Dock work is not bad at all and I like driving a forklift. It is perfect job being a combination position giving me the opportunity to do something else than just driving. Looking to be here for a long time!
Pros
Great pay, Big sign on bonus, plenty of hours
Cons
No direct deposit, no vision, no direct deposit
Central transport
Account manager/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, CA 92316July 30, 2018
Good company to work for and there is always room for advancement . I stared as a dock worker for a few months and than worked my way up to Account Manager. Now I’m trying to start my journey as a driver with Central transport
No callback after being offered a position
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, CAJuly 27, 2018
I was offered a position as a mechanic, all I had to wait was for background check to clear and I never got a callback or an email to inform me that they weren't going to hired me, a simple explanation. I was waiting for months. There is no professionalism in this company.
Easy drop and hooks!
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Hillside, ILJuly 27, 2018
Working line Haul has to be one of the best jobs with Central. Literally just doing drop and hooks and not pulling doubles is sweet. Not to mention the pay is great as well. You do a little forklift work at some terminals but that pays good too so you really can’t complain much.
Pros
Weekly pay, Night shift, Home every day
Cons
No direct deposit, No Vision insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight