Central Transport Employee Reviews

City Driver
City Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 19, 2018
Local P&D driver I make pickups and deliveries in the Indianapolis area at different locations.The job has been great so far. The terminal manager treats everyone great, the pay is great, and the trucks are new. There is lots of work available and new accounts coming on as well. The terminal just got it's second pay increase this year. I would recommend working at this location.
Pros
money, plenty of work, new trucks
Cons
no direct deposit
Plenty of Hrs and Good Management
P & D driver (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 19, 2018
I love the new equipment we’ve been getting here at the terminal in Milwaukee. My manager and dispatcher are great guys and help you out with anything you need and we just received a huge raise too not to long ago.
Pros
Management, Pay, Equipment
Cons
No vision insurance, No direct deposit
New Lima Terminal
City Driver (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHOctober 18, 2018
I work as a city driver at the new Lima, OH terminal. The building looks good, equipment is newer, and the manager treats us well. The pay is good and I am home every day. I would recommend working here.
Pros
Good pay, treated good
Cons
No direct deposit
dockworker
dock worker (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 18, 2018
Great job. We work 6 days, 10 hours sometimes more. Too many people come and go, they don't get it, it is an easy job, biggest problem is the weather, working on a open dock. 19 bucks per hour, best pay I'd eva got.
Pros
great paychecks
Cons
no direct deposit
Good pay and hours
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, CAOctober 17, 2018
Loading and unloading fright into trailers using sit down forklift and RF scanner.
Scanning pallet observing any damages that may have occurred during the initial shipping prosses.
unloading freight safely in a timely manner running pallet to its designated location eather in the truck
or the bay in front of truck on the dock purdcing on average over 150 scans a day 15 to 25 acurrate scans an hour.
Basic forklift maintenance check off sheet completed befor starting shift to ensure safty in this fast pace work enviroment.
Pros
Good pay weekly
Cons
poor equipment
Nice job with great pay!
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXOctober 15, 2018
Excellent pay and great opportunity to make lots of money! There is plenty of work. We now have new trucks and getting more and more new trailers. Great improvement for the company!
Pros
Weekly pay, Big Sign on Bonus, New trucks
Cons
No direct deposit, 2 weeks behind in pay, no vision
So much money to be made!
P & D driver (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 12, 2018
Central has lots of work and I love it! I started here about 2 yrs ago and there’s always plenty of work throughout the yr and I also got a huge sign on bonus when I started. Plus we recently just got a huge raise here at the terminal!
Pros
Weekly pay, Sign on Bonus, New trucks
Cons
No direct deposit
Good local driving career!
City Driver/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXOctober 11, 2018
As a city driver I get to have my own route and have for the most part the same customers which I can create a good work friendship. I like that I get the opportunity to also work on the dock and load and unload the trucks beside driving. This is a good driving career and I am looking to stay for a long time. The pay is good and competitive and now we have brand new 2019 Peterbuilt trucks! Lots of hours and long days but at the end of the week the pay is good. Weekly pay, good schedule, home every day... could not ask for more!
Pros
Excellent weekly pay, new trucks, home daily
Cons
2 weeks behind on payroll, scanners have lots of issues, no vision, need more new trailers
Good place to get your experience until something better comes along.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 9, 2018
The employees that have been there the longest run the place. I started making a lot more money doing other runs. Then out of nowhere Im bumped back down without warning making what I was when I started. All because the other guy has seniority. And wanted my new route. Its not right or fair. So if you have no experience driving its a maybe as they hire anyone with a cdl. Other than that move on this place is a joke.
Pros
Can make decent money.
Cons
Employee ran
dont work for them local p and d driver
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Bath, PAOctober 9, 2018
bust your butt no respect low pay ot after 55hrs bad equipment no advancement working conditions very cold in winter very hot in summer don't work for them unless you have too
Pros
good hr pay
Cons
equipment nott good\
Decent upper management but lacking tools to do the job
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 5, 2018
Terminal managers are decent however we did not have the proper equipment to do the daily tasks. Basically we were set up to fail. Turnover rate was through the roof. It was easy to get terrible workers approved through corporate but qualified workers were not approved for hire. Big brother always over your shoulder.
Pros
Flexibility with hours, family friendly
Cons
equipment, facility, low staff, no perks, insurance stinks, no 401K match
Good job plenty of room for advancement
City Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 5, 2018
Started with CT as a dock worker obtained my CDL and was promoted to a city driver. I make pickups and deliveries to different customers on my route. There is plenty of work available and lots of new accounts added this past year. Make good money and am home everyday.
Pros
Pay, plenty of work, advancement oppurtunities
Cons
No direct deposit, no vision insurance
Great LTL trucking Company
Local Driver (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 5, 2018
I’ve been a Local p & d driver for CT for quite some time now and I plan building my trucking career with them for long run. The pay is great and weekly. I can always put in the extra work if I want because there’s plenty of it.
Pros
Sign on Bonus, Weekly Pay, Home everyday
Cons
Dock work
Dedicate your life
Helpdesk Support and Handheld Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIOctober 4, 2018
95% of their employees are hired directly from inside of the company starting everyone at call center. They pay fairly well for level one customer service, but that's only because they demand so much of an individual. They do not care about what hours you work and will demand overtime occasionally. If you have no life outside work I suggest you take this job, because they will work you as much as possible until they get complaints from HR. I can not say for any of the drivers or dock workers. TL;DR Payed well at the cost of your well being
Pros
High starting pay
Cons
High intensity work hours, little breaks, no lunch, demands overtime, broken ticketing system
bad place to work
Company Driver/Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 2, 2018
not enough hours a week. stressful and poor management. get fired for the little things. poor working trucks...………………………………………………………………………………………………...
Great choice for a long term career!
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXOctober 1, 2018
I come in to work and get to do my run and go home. Easiest job with great pay, can not beat that! I have the choice of volunteering for Saturday work and put extra cash in my pocket. Excellent pay and opportunity to make money!. Plenty of work and have not slow down. We now have 2019 Peterbuilt trucks and it is nice to drive a brand new truck! This is a long term career. Need to make the right choice and join the family of Central Transport like I did!
Pros
Plenty of hours, Great schedule, good money
Cons
2 weeks behind on payroll, no direct deposit, benefits can improve and offer vision
Linehaul driver, good job home everyday
Linehaul Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 28, 2018
Central Transport is an good company to drive for. The pay is great there are plenty of hours available to work, trucks are new. I run at nights from Charlotte to Atlanta then back to Charlotte in the morning. Great being home daily and making good money.
Pros
Pay, Home Daily
Cons
no direct deposit
Great productive company with lots of work
City Driver (Current Employee) –  Rock Island, ILSeptember 28, 2018
At the Rock Island terminal we always stay busy with a ton of freight to get moved. If you’re looking for a lot of hours then Central is the place to be. We got new equipment too and I got a huge sign on bonus when I took this position!
Pros
Weekly pay, Home everyday
Cons
No direct deposit, No Vision Insurance
Good Driving job to make a career!
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXSeptember 24, 2018
As a Line haul driver I come in to work and get to do my run and when I return to my home terminal, I get to unload my trailer to make extra money and then go home. I get paid good money and get plenty of hours. I have the choice of volunteering for Saturday work and put extra cash in my pocket. Excellent pay and opportunity to make money!. I get to work the dock which gets me an opportunity to load and unload trailers besides driving. Plenty of work and opportunity to make money. Looking to be here for a long time!
Pros
Plenty of hours, Great schedule, good money
Cons
Beware by far the worst LTL carrier
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Monterrey Park, CaSeptember 22, 2018
You will regret it working for this LTL carrier, trailers and forklifts are safety dot concerns, if you complain you will be in the black list, the tractor get assigned to other drivers, poor benefits insurance, no overtime after 8hrs!
Pros
Drivers are helpful
Cons
No 10min breaks, dispatcher keeps messaging, how long till you loaded

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight