Central Transport Pay & Benefits reviews

Awesome Job!
Road Driver (Current Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJanuary 11, 2019
I am a road driver here with Central and I’ve been with the company for 8 yrs now. This was the best career move for me and my family. The pay has been great. The benefits have gotten better over the years and the equipment improves every year as well. The work is simple drop and hooks with a little dock work which isn’t so bad.
Pros
Competitive Pay, Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
Cons
No direct deposit
Very stressful place to work
CLAIMS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 9, 2019
Management made this a very stressful place to work. Pay and benefits were fair. Was a salary position, worked 50 hour weeks always with many weeks over 50 hr weeks many times without extra compensation.
Great career decision in joining the CT Team!
City Driver/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXJanuary 7, 2019
Made the choice of joining the Central Transport team and still enjoying my job. This was a good career move for me. I have a set schedule and the pay is great. Benefits have improved drastically, new trucks, more and more new trailers coming in, and I have my own city route. Dock work is required, but I do not mind. It gives me a chance to have a variation of responsibilities and do something else besides driving.
Pros
Competitive pay, New Trucks, plenty of hours
Cons
2 weeks behind in payroll, no direct deposit
Great Driving Career Choice
Regional Employee Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNJanuary 4, 2019
If you are looking a CDL A Driving Opportunity in the Blaine, MN area Central Transport is the place for you. They offer competitive pay, benefits, 401k match, and PTO. The terminal is only a couple of years old and the tractors are all 2018. I have enjoyed my time at Central transport and would recommend joining the team!
Pros
Newer Terminal, Newer Equipment
Cons
No direct deposit, pays two weeks behind
N/a
Driver (Former Employee) –  Strafford, MODecember 28, 2018
n/a wouldn't go back not worth working for as compared to other companies long hours and to many others handling frieghtthat you are responsible for whuch could be taken out of your pay
Easy drop and hook all night
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIDecember 21, 2018
This job doesn’t get any easier than this. Driving at night with no traffic doing simple drop and hooks. I seriously can’t compl about my job. I love what I do and Central pays me very well!
Pros
Drop and Hooks, Easy Money, Good Benefits
Cons
No direct deposit
Good career choice
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXDecember 17, 2018
Was hired 2 years ago and still enjoying my job. As a line haul driver I get to do some dock work which it gives me the opportunity to put extra hours and make more money. The management always have take care of any issues and does care. New trucks, excellent pay, plenty of hours!
Pros
Competitive pay, new trucks, great benefits, weekly checks
Cons
No direct deposit, 2 weeks behind in payroll
good place to work
City/Route driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 15, 2018
its good company to work for. the pay is good and the people there are very friendly. the down fall to it is that the benefits is horrible, the overtime pay is after 55 hours worked, and have to work on an open dock.
Plenty of Work
Road Driver (Current Employee) –  Hillside, ILDecember 14, 2018
I started as a City driver and switched to nights a few months after that. Best decision for me and my schedule plus the work is easy. I come and get my tractor and trailer and hit the road. Do some drop and hooks at other terminals and then come home. Really is that simple.
Pros
Benefits, Great pay, Home everyday
Cons
No direct deposit
Great driving career choice!
City Driver/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXDecember 10, 2018
Was hired 2 years ago and still enjoying my job at Central Transport. I have a set schedule and the pay is great. Benefits have improved drastically, new trucks, more and more new trailers coming in, and I have my own city route. I drive a 2019 Pete! Also I get to do some dock work which gives me an opportunity to do something else besides driving.
Pros
Competitive pay, New Trucks, plenty of hours
Cons
2 weeks behind in payroll, no direct deposit
Great people
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 8, 2018
I've only been here a month so far so, my review has limited insight. I'm 49 and changed careers for the third time. Also, this is my first job out of trucking school so take it for what it's worth. So far, I am really enjoying it. I can see it's not for everyone but, I think it's a great fit for me. If you don't want a lot of hours or if you don't like changing up to work the dock after a run, it might not be for you. What really makes it great are the other employees, dispatchers, and management. Everyone is very helpful. If you have a question, don't be afraid to ask anyone. They'll all point you in the right direction if they can't answer it themselves. The equipment is all newer trucks. Home every night. Good pay. There aren't many downsides and the ones that are present, I can live with. Again, I'm new to this so, I still have a lot to learn. I'm glad I came here because they're all cool with that. One of the guys who trained me has been working here for over 9 years and still likes it. That says a lot.
Pros
Home every night, Lots of hours, Good pay rate, Great atmosphere, Advancment opportunities
Cons
No direct deposit, pay for benefits, time and half after 55 hours instead of 40
Good company to drive for
City driver (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 7, 2018
I was referred to Central Transport as a friend and have had a good experience. I have a 2018 tractor, new trailers, get paid well, and am treated fairly. If you are willing to put in the work, this is the place to be as there are always hours available. We are also getting vision insurance for 2019!
Pros
Pay, equipment, hours
Cons
No direct deposit
Line haul Driver
Road Turn Driver (Current Employee) –  Hillside, ILDecember 7, 2018
Just started with Central and I’m already loving it. I drop and hook from terminal to terminal and do a little bit of forklift work which isn’t bad at all. The cold weather suck but other than that the job is sweet. I’ll definitely refer a couple of my friends to Central because this is a great place to work for.
Pros
Weekly pay, Benefits, Huge Sign On Bonus
Cons
No direct deposit
Right choice for a driving career!
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXDecember 3, 2018
I have been with Central Transport for 4 years as a line haul driver and I am very happy here. Great choice 4 years ago. Even though is not dedicated routes I have a certain lane that I run every day and the opportunity to work the dock and make more money is awesome. I am planning to be here as long as I can. Very good management that cares.
Pros
Benefits are great, plenty of hours, great compensation
Cons
No direct deposit, 2 weeks behind on payroll.
Easy dock work, Great Pay
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Hillside, ILNovember 30, 2018
The work is very simple. We unload and load trailers high and tight to get the maximum amount of product on each trailer. The only issue though is that when it gets cold outside you really got to bundle up real well to not let the cold weather bother due to the open dock. Other than that the job is sweet.
Pros
Weekly pay, Benefits
Cons
Open Dock, No direct deposit
Home every day
Linehaul driver (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 30, 2018
Working at Central has been good. I was OTR for a year but wanted to be home with the family. I am home every day working here. The pay is good and there are always hours available if you want to work.
Pros
new trucks, hours
Cons
no direct deposit
Great job. Career path for many at Central
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 29, 2018
Office worker. Do you job, and they leave you alone to accomplish the tasks. Better benefits for 2019, with co-pay office visits, and new Vision! Also, Fidelity health saving account. Superb. This Company is moving in the right direction to be a publically traded Company!
Pros
Sometimes long hours, Lots of workload, But I want it all done...
Cons
Employee portal for personal Payroll/Benefits/PTO/401K all on one easy web based secure site, or an App. That would sky rocket CT to another level of employee confidence.
Right choice for a driving career!
City Driver/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXNovember 19, 2018
As a city driver I come in every morning and work at least 11 hours a day. Start pay is very competitive and I enjoy that I get to also do some dock work besides driving. Gives me an opportunity to do something else besides being behind the wheel and makes my job more interesting and makes the hours pass by quicker. Long hours but at the end of the week, the pay check is very good and worth the hard work.
Pros
Benefits are great, plenty of hours, great compensation
Cons
No direct deposit, 2 weeks behind on payroll.
Dispatching City Drivers
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Hillside, ILNovember 16, 2018
I have been with Central Transport for almost 4 yrs as a Dispatcher. I dispatch my drivers on their routes to customers for pick ups and deliveries. I also talk to our customers about delivery times and scheduling appointments with them. Keeping our customers happy is a big goal for me.
Pros
Weekly pay, Medical Benefits
Cons
No direct deposit
Good home daily position
Road Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 16, 2018
I've been at CT for about a year now. The pay is great, there are always plenty of hours available to work, trucks are new, run Monday thru Friday, and home everyday.
Pros
money, new truck
Cons
no direct deposit

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight