Central Transport Pay & Benefits reviews

CITY DRIVER, CDL A (Current Employee) –  Gibsonia, PANovember 13, 2018
It is a good company to work for especially if you are looking to be home every night. The starting wage has significantly increased and is definitely one of the best in the local driving jobs.
Everything they do is illegal
Dock worker (Former Employee) –  Hillside, ILNovember 12, 2018
I worked there for three months and where should i start. First they don’t pay you ot till after 55 hours, they also have all dock workers misclassifed as drivers so they can do that. Second they mandatory you to work sundays for regular pay and make u stay up to 11 hrs a day. Forklifts are never charged so ur production is low. I also was professional and put my two weeks in and the day I did that they let me go. If your looking to bust ur butt for a paycheck with regular pay this is the job for you.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
A lot of illegal things
Good place to work, home daily
Linehaul Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 9, 2018
Started at Charlotte terminal a few months ago. I'm happy with my time here so far. I'm home daily and pulling in a weekly pay better than I was getting running two weeks OTR.
Pros
Pay, Home Time
Cons
No direct deposit
Excellent driving career employer choice!
City Driver/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXNovember 6, 2018
Was hired as a line haul driver and eventually moved to day shift city driver. What I like is that the company promotes from within and give the night drivers the opportunity to move to days or city before they hire from outside. It is long days work, but great pay and now the benefits have improved 100%. Added vision and same network as BCBS have. Home daily, great pay, off weekends...can't beat that!
Pros
Competitive pay, we now have vision insurance plan, New Trucks!
Cons
2 weeks behind in payroll, no direct deposit
Got me off the road!
Linehaul driver (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 2, 2018
Central Transport got me home every day! The pay is good, trucks are 2017 & 2018 Peterbilts, new trailers coming in all the time, managers treat you well, and there is always plenty of work available. We also found out this week we are getting vision insurance!
Pros
Good pay, plenty of hours
Cons
No direct deposit
P & D Driver
City Driver (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 2, 2018
So far so good. My time with Central since I started about 4 months ago has been great. I just received my first portion of a huge sign on bonus recently and I just got my first raise. Pay is good and consistent and I have a good team and management that actually care about their drivers.
Pros
Benefits, Management, Pay
Cons
No direct Deposit
Excellent driving career employer choice!
City Driver/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXNovember 1, 2018
Was hired by Central Transport about a year ago and I have enjoy working here since. It was a little rough at the beginning but worthy. It is hard work but nothing good comes easy. Pay is great and a lots of improvements and raises have been in effect since. Being home every day and off on the weekends with a great pay is what every driver like me looks for and I found it. This will be my home for a long time!
Pros
Competitive pay, we now have vision insurance plan, New Trucks!
Cons
2 weeks behind in payroll, no direct deposit
Making good money doing Local Work
City Driver (Current Employee) –  Hillside, ILOctober 26, 2018
I’ve been with Central a few yrs now and the work has been steady throughout my time here. I got a good dispatcher that knows what he’s doing and I love the work I do and get paid every week for it.
Pros
Good Dispatcher, Plenty of Work
Cons
Occasional Weekend Work, Dock Work
Perfect schedule - Great Job Opportunity
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXOctober 22, 2018
Was hired a few months back as a line haul driver depsite of all the bad reviews and come to find out that reviews are wrong! If you work hard and apply by policies, you can have a great diving career adn good pay just like me. With great pay and great opportunity to make lots of money, I am very happy to be employed by Central Transport!
Pros
Weekly pay, Plenty of work, New trucks
Cons
No direct deposit, 2 weeks behind in pay, no vision
Plenty of Hrs and Good Management
P & D driver (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 19, 2018
I love the new equipment we’ve been getting here at the terminal in Milwaukee. My manager and dispatcher are great guys and help you out with anything you need and we just received a huge raise too not to long ago.
Pros
Management, Pay, Equipment
Cons
No vision insurance, No direct deposit

Want to know more about Central Transport?

Ask a question
New Lima Terminal
City Driver (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHOctober 18, 2018
I work as a city driver at the new Lima, OH terminal. The building looks good, equipment is newer, and the manager treats us well. The pay is good and I am home every day. I would recommend working here.
Pros
Good pay, treated good
Cons
No direct deposit
dockworker
dock worker (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 18, 2018
Great job. We work 6 days, 10 hours sometimes more. Too many people come and go, they don't get it, it is an easy job, biggest problem is the weather, working on a open dock. 19 bucks per hour, best pay I'd eva got.
Pros
great paychecks
Cons
no direct deposit
Nice job with great pay!
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXOctober 15, 2018
Excellent pay and great opportunity to make lots of money! There is plenty of work. We now have new trucks and getting more and more new trailers. Great improvement for the company!
Pros
Weekly pay, Big Sign on Bonus, New trucks
Cons
No direct deposit, 2 weeks behind in pay, no vision
So much money to be made!
P & D driver (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 12, 2018
Central has lots of work and I love it! I started here about 2 yrs ago and there’s always plenty of work throughout the yr and I also got a huge sign on bonus when I started. Plus we recently just got a huge raise here at the terminal!
Pros
Weekly pay, Sign on Bonus, New trucks
Cons
No direct deposit
Good local driving career!
City Driver/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXOctober 11, 2018
As a city driver I get to have my own route and have for the most part the same customers which I can create a good work friendship. I like that I get the opportunity to also work on the dock and load and unload the trucks beside driving. This is a good driving career and I am looking to stay for a long time. The pay is good and competitive and now we have brand new 2019 Peterbuilt trucks! Lots of hours and long days but at the end of the week the pay is good. Weekly pay, good schedule, home every day... could not ask for more!
Pros
Excellent weekly pay, new trucks, home daily
Cons
2 weeks behind on payroll, scanners have lots of issues, no vision, need more new trailers
dont work for them local p and d driver
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Bath, PAOctober 9, 2018
bust your butt no respect low pay ot after 55hrs bad equipment no advancement working conditions very cold in winter very hot in summer don't work for them unless you have too
Pros
good hr pay
Cons
equipment nott good\
Decent upper management but lacking tools to do the job
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 5, 2018
Terminal managers are decent however we did not have the proper equipment to do the daily tasks. Basically we were set up to fail. Turnover rate was through the roof. It was easy to get terrible workers approved through corporate but qualified workers were not approved for hire. Big brother always over your shoulder.
Pros
Flexibility with hours, family friendly
Cons
equipment, facility, low staff, no perks, insurance stinks, no 401K match
Great LTL trucking Company
Local Driver (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 5, 2018
I’ve been a Local p & d driver for CT for quite some time now and I plan building my trucking career with them for long run. The pay is great and weekly. I can always put in the extra work if I want because there’s plenty of it.
Pros
Sign on Bonus, Weekly Pay, Home everyday
Cons
Dock work
Dedicate your life
Helpdesk Support and Handheld Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIOctober 4, 2018
95% of their employees are hired directly from inside of the company starting everyone at call center. They pay fairly well for level one customer service, but that's only because they demand so much of an individual. They do not care about what hours you work and will demand overtime occasionally. If you have no life outside work I suggest you take this job, because they will work you as much as possible until they get complaints from HR. I can not say for any of the drivers or dock workers. TL;DR Payed well at the cost of your well being
Pros
High starting pay
Cons
High intensity work hours, little breaks, no lunch, demands overtime, broken ticketing system
Great choice for a long term career!
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXOctober 1, 2018
I come in to work and get to do my run and go home. Easiest job with great pay, can not beat that! I have the choice of volunteering for Saturday work and put extra cash in my pocket. Excellent pay and opportunity to make money!. Plenty of work and have not slow down. We now have 2019 Peterbuilt trucks and it is nice to drive a brand new truck! This is a long term career. Need to make the right choice and join the family of Central Transport like I did!
Pros
Plenty of hours, Great schedule, good money
Cons
2 weeks behind on payroll, no direct deposit, benefits can improve and offer vision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight