Central Transport Pay & Benefits reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good place to work for
Line Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 19, 2018
Central pays very good for the amount of work that you do. We recently just got a raise and I’m making a lot more money than my old job. I run nights doing drop and hooks to different terminals and then I’m back home. Pretty sweet job if you ask me!
Pros
Great Schedule, Good money, Home everyday
Cons
No direct deposit
I like driving here
Linehaul driver (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 19, 2018
I have been a linehaul driver in Toledo for about 3 months now. Everything they said to me during the hiring process was true, I'm home every day, get paid well every week, and plenty of hours to work.
Pros
Good pay, home every week
Cons
No direct deposit
good place to work, good money
Linehaul Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 13, 2018
good place to work home every day terminal recently received large pay increase. business is growing lots of new accounts coming on. new tractors at terminal. management is easy to work with
Pros
good pay
Cons
no direct deposit
Good place to drive
Linehaul driver (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 11, 2018
Central has been a company to drive for. New trailers come in every day, trucks are new, the pay is very good, paid every week, and lots of hours to work. I sent a friend to work here and got a bonus for it.
Pros
Referral bonus, good pay, equipment
Cons
Great Job oppportunity with advancements!
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXJuly 10, 2018
Started as a part time dock worker and as management and recruiter advised advancement opportunities was given the opportunity to advance and become full time with more pay. Pay is higher than others in the area and now making great money with a fix schedule and benefits. Great company. Constantly making changes but for the good of the operations. Being in the freight business for a few years and now find the company that I can plan to make a career specially now that the company has given me a great job opportunity.
Pros
Great opportunities for advancements, competitive pay, set schedule, plenty of hours
Cons
No vision plan, no direct deposit
Line haul driver
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 9, 2018
Overall Central Transport has been good to me. What I was told before I took the job is all true. I was over the road but finally I get to be home everyday and I have a bunch of time to spend with my family. Plus there is lots of work and they don’t run you over 14 hrs. A little bit of dock work on a forklift at some terminals but it’s not all that bad, you still get paid good money.
Pros
Trucks, Dedicated Routes, Weekly Pay
Cons
No direct deposit
Pays well, not a good place to work for
AM Hub Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 9, 2018
Learning was the best thing ever at Ctii, management sucked, they were never there to help you unless you did something wrong. You're treated like a number and not a person. Pay was good but nothing beats time off with your family.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Treated like a number, made us work 7 days a week 16 hour days, As management we never got compensated for it, Not even a thank you
City Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 29, 2018
Overall good place to work. I have a set schedule everyday with steady work available. Lots of improvements happening new equipment and pay increases.
Pros
consistent work schedule, home daily, pay
Great choice for a driving career
City Driver (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXJune 27, 2018
As a city driver I have a day schedule with plenty of hours during the week and chance for over time hours and extra days. Lots of work which gives me the opportunity to bring home a big check every week. Weekends off and set schedule. I enjoy it because I drive and do warehouse work and drive a forklift so the job don't get boring. Pay progression and raises are very fair.
Pros
opportunities for advancement and growth, competitive pay, lots of hours
Cons
No direct deposit, 2 weeks behind on payroll, no mathc on 401K
Good comapny to drive for
Linehaul driver (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 27, 2018
Central has been a very good company to drive for. Pay is good, paid every week, home every day, new trucks, new trailers, trated good by manager and dispatcher.
Pros
Plenty of hours to work
Cons
No direct deposit
Break Bulk Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2018
This was my first job out of college and I stayed therefor 20 years. Great place and co workers with plenty of room for advancement as long as you are a hard worker.
Pros
Great place to learn transportation indutry
Fun Place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hill side illJune 26, 2018
Nice environment good people to work with very friendly personal dress very worm doint the einter months its very cold with limited breaks doing work hours.
Pros
Company Buys lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Line-Haul Driver
Line-Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJune 25, 2018
I currently work at the Dubuque IA Terminal and I was referred by one of my friends to work here. So far Im enjoying my job very much. Set schedule each night and for me I most time get the same route to Tomah WI. Some nights if it’s slow I’ll run Chicago. Everyone is very friendly and you are respected as a driver. The pay is above average then most places and I was given a nice sign on bonus. Brand new internationals and Peterbilts. Sometimes I’ll run into a rough trailer when going to Chicago but the shop will normally fix it for you. One thing I think needs improvement is to hire more dispatch personnel. It can take 20 mins to get ahold of someone.

Average day goes like this, you come in, pre-trip your truck and trailer. Check your load to make sure it’s secure. Then you drive to your destination that’s on your handheld. If you go to a terminal like Tomah WI then you’ll hop on a forklift and help load and unload trailers till everybody is set. Then you drive back to your main terminal and unload your freight and load up the city trailers. Easy work cause the handheld tells you everything you need to know.
Pros
Dedicated route, Pay, Co-Workers, Trucks
Cons
Benefits, Some trailers are rough (if doing Linehaul)
linehaul driver home daily
Linehaul Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 22, 2018
overall good place to work. a lot of improvements have been made over the last year including new tractors and a recent pay increase for the terminal.
Pros
new equipment, pay increase
Cons
direct deposit
Poor working conditions
Route Manager / Dispatcher/ Outbound Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAJune 21, 2018
The terminal I worked at is no longer open, the facilities did not function at times. equipment was sub standard.Paid vacation time was lower than average
Good company to drive for
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIJune 20, 2018
Can't ask for much more in a local job, home every day, new truck and trailers, good pay, treated good by management, and we just got a raise. Working the dock helps break the day up from just sitting in the seat driving.
Pros
Good pay
Overall very enjoyable place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2018
I worked out of the Columbus GA facility a few years ago and had no issues with management pay or benefits. The benefits can be tailored to your needs as there are several plans to choose from. Home daily, good pay and new equipment (Tractors). The people there are top notch and willing to assist new drivers and or new managers and answer questions as needed.
Pros
great people, good pay and benefits, good equipment
Cons
sometimes have to wait for loads to fill
Great shift and Great Pay
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 15, 2018
I’ve been with Central for about 3 yrs now and by far one of the best companies I have worked for. We recently just got a raise and new some new 2019 tractors which are fantastic. The work is very much doable, you get the same route and your in the same truck everyday.
Pros
Good pay, Raises, and New trucks.
Cons
No Vision Insurance
steady work, good money
City Driver/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2018
So far my time with Central has been good. I have a reliable schedule and consistent work each day. Typical day leave out in morning with deliveries make pickups throughout day then return to terminal and unload trailer.
Pros
good pay, schedule, new trucks
Cons
no vision insurance
Home daily truck driver great money
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Tomah, WIJune 14, 2018
I run nights linehaul out of Tomah WI facility and work Monday threw Friday home during the day. Am working about 55 hours a week and make over $1500 bucks each week. Cant complain at all, they been good to me.
Pros
Real good paychecks new trucks plenty work
Cons
Paper checks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight