Central Valley Ag Employee Reviews

Driver (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NEMarch 19, 2019
Amazing co workers! True team atmosphere, ddedicated to safety and just as much about the employee as the work! All around one of the best places by far I have ever worked.
Not recommended
Admin (Former Employee) –  O'Neill, NEDecember 14, 2018
I have nothing good to say about my experience working for this company. It is not suited for people who have family. The corporate level has no compassion, no values, no morals. They are a "looking out for what's best for me and only me" type of work environment. They will not hesitate to throw a fellow coworker under the bus and have no trouble sleeping at night after having do so. They talk out both sides of their mouths, and I wouldn't trust anything they say. They will take everything from you, promise you the world, and give you nothing in return. I do not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
work under a microscope
Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Hinton, IASeptember 16, 2018
dispatcher and transport manager complained about everything a driver did. the driver was always wrong, no matter what. dispatcher records phone calls and prints off emails between him and drivers. "pulls" you in by stating "this is between 2 drivers just talking" or "this is off the record, stays between us". they give you a company phone to use, however they track you and monitor phone calls, text messages, email, and internet usage. as a driver, you will never please dispatcher or upper mgt. basically, you work "under a microscope". if the truck stops between loading and unloading (fuel, bathroom, or to eat) dispatcher calls within minutes of stopping asking why you stopped. would/ could be a great job if disp/ transportation mgr would "lift the thumb" and leave drivers alone to do the job.
Pros
day job, minimal saturdays
Cons
dispatcher, upper management
Way too corporate
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Edward, NEAugust 16, 2018
No decisions could be made by a location. Everything had to go through channels or layers of management often taking a long period of time for something simple.
Pros
Was close to where I live
Cons
Poor pay
Relaxed dress code and flexible hours
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marquette, NEJuly 30, 2018
During peak seasons you are very, very busy. During non-peak seasons it can be very boring, looking for work to do.
They are flexible with allowing off, at least in my position, for family events.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
pay
good people
Dry Plant Manger (Former Employee) –  Tamora, NEFebruary 7, 2018
Its like working with family all the good and the bad that goes with that. I really liked the work and the people but not the management at the location I was at.
good job just needed something different
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NEOctober 10, 2017
It was a good job, I was promised full time but never got it after a year. I had a kid on the way so I needed a full time job with benefits. Thats the only reason i left other wise I would have stayed.
Pros
early days off on rain or slow days
Cons
long days and no ac in the trucks in the summer
You are just a worker and no communication
Field Sales Agronomist/Applicator (Former Employee) –  NebraskaSeptember 11, 2017
Working with the people at the ground floor was the best part of the job, aka the workers. They supposedly hire within but never do. Very seasonal work and no life when it gets busy. Overall its an ok place to work, probably not a career job though. Always taking surveys and meetings with your manager to see how you are doing.
Pros
Flexible off season
Cons
Long hours when busy
Good people but disorganized with poor communication
Field Sales Agronomist (Former Employee) –  York, NEJanuary 11, 2017
Not a work environment for anyone with a family that they'd actually like to see. Expect to work from 6:00 am to 9:00 pm 6-7 days a week for 5-6 months out of the year (spring/fall). The biggest concern was the extreme lack of communication and proper leadership and an incredible lack of training and commitment to helping you learn from management. This may just be a result of the management structure I had over me but it was not impressive. Overall the people were one of a kind and for the most part pretty genuine and that was a plus. The people you work with on the "ground floor" and your customers are what will keep you getting up and returning to work.
Pros
The people/pay structure and bonuses
Cons
Lack of communication and training and poor management.
Lack of communication
Operations Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Marquette, NEJanuary 7, 2017
Chance for advancement limited. Lack of communication. Wrong people in management positions. Experience means very little with respect for your job performance.
very forward thinking company
Livestock Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  York, NEJanuary 5, 2017
CVA was on the cutting edge of technology and thrived to be forward thinking. CVA was years ahead in all aspects of agricultural production and employee professionalism.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Valley Ag. Our community is ready to answer.