Central Valley Community Bank Employee Reviews

Cold hearted and selfish management.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAOctober 12, 2019
If this is your first job as a teller don’t start here. Training is a joke and the equipment is outdated. Everyone at corporate puts on an act, pretending to care about their customers. They really don’t. They care about the money they make off of you and they will say anything to make you believe they are trustworthy. At branch level, the employees will talk about every customer behind their backs because they are so much better then anyone who walks through those doors. Management are bullies on a high horse. No type of help or empathy.
Pros
Monday-Friday 8 to 5
Cons
Morale is a joke. You will be lied to and treated like trash.
great clients to work with, very friendly work place
Branch Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 15, 2019
a typical day is assisting customers with any banking needs. answering calls. ensuring policy and branch info is up to date. keeping a clean and orderly work space. everyone at CVCB is very nice and pleasant. the customers are mostly regulars and very nice as well. my favorite part of the job was assisting the elderly clientele.
Quiet and Pleasant Workplace
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 21, 2019
My position allowed me the flexibility to do my job how I saw fit, with a lot of freedom on how to accomplish it. More senior positions need proximity to the corporate office in Fresno to be effective.
Pros
Salaried positions have a lot of freedom
Cons
Metrics for success are not consistent and often change
Good company to start your career
Credit Administration (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 23, 2018
Depending on what department you are in your day will fly by! Executive management is caring and great at building up future talent that wants to advance in the banking industry. Training & outdated systems have been a big issue since the day I began there.
Pros
Work-Life Balance, Generally good people, Bank Holidays
Cons
Pay, Moral will fluctuate depending on department, Corporate Structure
Miserable mangment, low pay, and outdated equipment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 29, 2018
Minimal training, horrible environment. Mangment act like bullies towards their subordinates. They have outrageous referral goals and don't give credit to the subordinates when it is due. The software and computer systems and everything else is outdated. Tellers don't know what they are doing and are afraid of mangment and customers. If you want to be bullied and stressed out, perfect place to work. Lowest paying bank.
Relaxed work place
Loan Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 2, 2018
Relaxed, but some employees where not very friendly. Computer system very old not updated to current technology. Location was very convenient to my home.
Pathetic management and low moral
Fsr (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 28, 2018
They promote based on ease. The managers are incompetent and unprofessional and destroy great employees with horrible moral. Pay for front line is significantly less than back office despite being the face of the company. Transferring or promoting is next to impossible unless you are a sheep to corporate and a bear to your staff and customers. Corporate does not listen to or address staff concerns.
Pros
Great customers and coworkers. Family can be prioritized
Cons
Everything else
It was great..at first
MERCHANT TELLER (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJune 26, 2018
To be honest I love working here for the first four and a half years. It was fast paced, the day went by super quickly. Coworkers were always friendly and fun to be around. I moved up quickly from part time on call teller to a full timer. Some days are rough when there was minimal staff on a busy day but we always pulled through. What changed my opinion about this place was the management. It lowered the morale and soon people started looking elsewhere for jobs. That's what happens when you hire a manager that came from a big bank into a community bank though in my opinion.
Pros
Fast paced, busy, promotional opportunities
Cons
management, overworked and under appreciated
Great career starter
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 26, 2018
A regular day at work will consist of deposits, withdrawals, opening and closing new accounts depending on your position. Starting off at Central Valley I lacked banking experience but quickly caught on. I personally enjoy the people aspect of the company, the managers i have worked with have all been great. The corporate office could use more stability, there are new employees always coming in so the support you would expect is not helpful. You will often find that the employees up in headquarters are calling the branches for support and to answer questions. if you work in a branch you will find the customers the most satisfying part of your day. If you're a relationship oriented individual this company knows how to take care of their customers where they come back happy.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lack of branch locations throughout the valley
work vs. family
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 27, 2017
great company to work for if you have a family. community bank. get very familiar with the community. community involvement. pay was not so good compared to other banks. not many opportunities to move up.
Pros
small bank
Cons
pay
Worked with great people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 17, 2017
I enjoyed the people in the branch that I worked with. The computer system that they used was not very efficient so it made work more difficult and time consuming.
Pros
Worked with great people in the branch
Cons
Computer system is enificient and slow
A friendly, local, community oriented bank
On-Call Teller (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 11, 2015
Central Valley Community Bank was a good company to work for, overall. Each day included some challenges and learning experiences and that was really nice. I learned how to use a variety of bank systems and how issue funds in a variety of ways. The toughest part of the job was the constant travel from one bank location to the next.