Central Vermont Home Health & Hospice Employee Reviews

Great organization *other than....
Employee (Former Employee) –  Barre, VTMarch 15, 2018
Wonderful organization. Amazing people for the most part. Interesting work. Institutionalized anti-male bias. Men in the organization are not treated the same as the women. If you witness what a female does, do NOT mimic it. It's only acceptable if you're a woman. If engaged in an interaction and the conversation turns even remotely related to anything not work related walk away. Best to keep to yourself and form no friendships.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
anti-male bias
May 14, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We work very hard to treat all employees the same, and that includes respecting equal pay, equal opportunity, and we follow the guidelines for preventing sexual harassment on the job very carefully.

Fast Paced/Stressful
Senior Network/Telecommunications Administrator (Former Employee) –  Berlin, VTFebruary 7, 2018
This company supported 75 nurses who were hospice nurses who carried special laptops that could be hooked to our system via a modem. At each visit the nurse would connect and enter vital data. As this technology was not perfected it had issues and the nurses would become very frustrated with it and that frustration would fall on me at the IT support person.
Pros
Great experience at working in a fast pasted/high stress job.
Cons
Technology was not up to par.
May 14, 2018

Thank you. Like all healthcare providers today, we wish healthcare technology would work better, too!

clients were wonderful to serve.
Personal Care Attendant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Montpelier and surrounding countiesJanuary 21, 2018
management was terrible. I don't believe my manager had ever met any of her caseload personally. Did not go into their homes so could not give reasonable instructions as to each individuals' needs.
Pros
meeting some great people
Cons
poor management, poor support, room for much abuse by employees who were not supervised on the job.
May 14, 2018

It is unfortunate your experience was negative. We have six case managers and supervisors in long-term care. All new clients are screened thoroughly, with documented intake and collaboration with the physician's office and the primary care giver. Every personal care attendant has at least two co-visits in the course of the year. Please contact Human Resources if you would like to discuss your case further.

Great Team, Great Flexibility
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Barre, VTAugust 1, 2017
Working here the last 12 years, as part of a team even with changing management, has been great. I can get flexibility to attend my children's after school games, and also connect tightly to the community. Home Health nursing is the most wholistic, hands-on nursing available. I'm proud to tell people where I work.
Pros
flexibility, combined time off
Cons
challenging client-family situations
Caring for others
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barre, VTJuly 5, 2017
I enjoyed caring for the clients, the difficult part was going to different homes, not knowing what you were walking into. Supervisors were not caring and raises were hard to come by. If you worked at least 25 hours or more for three months and did not miss any days you would receive a bonus, but any hours under 25 and you would not receive anything. For the work that you do, the pay does not go with the job.
May 14, 2018

Thank you for your comment. It is indeed challenging to provide home care services outside of the known, static environment of a facility. However, that is the very reason why so many of our employees remain in Home Health and Hospice. They like the challenge of different homes, different families, and different challenges every day.
CVHHH updated pay and benefits in the long term care department on January 1, 2018. If you would additional information, please contact Human Resources.

Stressful
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Berlin, VTApril 18, 2017
CVHHH is an organization with a high degree of integrity but the nature of medicare certified homecare is highly demanding and stressful with an enormous amount of paperwork and changing demands and requirements.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Medicare regulations and requirements
An office enviorment was new to me, but felt at home quickly
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montpelier, VTJanuary 23, 2017
This was a new adventure for me. I enjoyed the challenge when I first arrived to get the Medicare A/R under control. They were very happy that it did not take me long to do so either! I kept is under the anticipated 30-60 day range sine it billed in 90 day cycles.
I really like meeting new people and getting to know them.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berlin, VTMay 19, 2015
I have learned many new ways to help people. There is a lot of prioritizing. Communicating with co workers as a team, reporting changes. The hardest part of this type of work is seeing patients decline and trying to stay positive. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing and knowing you are helping them have a better quality of life. Sometimes jobs can be too sedentary.
Pros
Working as a team and one on one with the patient.
Cons
Having to see people deteriorate and the mental stress.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Vermont Home Health & Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.

Central Vermont Home Health & Hospice Reviews by Location