Central Wyoming Counseling Center

Central Wyoming Counseling Center Employee Reviews

United States22 reviews
It was a very gratifying job when it came to working with the residents and immediate co-workers however, there is not enough compensation or a chance for advancement with this company.
The training for the job is very poor, the software difficult to work with, and getting problems resolved was very difficult. The workload was very difficult as well, due to not having enough therapists or case managers to do the work. Directors were having to do too much as well. No business processes were documented, so very difficult and time-consuming to try to find out what protocols were expected to be followed. There are a lot of good people working for this company who care about the clients. But, the ones who were not good, management would not address.
May 18, 2020
Thank you for your feedback as we are always open to improvement! We are excited to have our new executive leadership team and are working to streamline training and processes to provide the best quality care to our clients.
This facility needs an administrative overhaul that begins at the top. CWCC lacks proper training, accountability, leadership, structure, ethics, and processes and procedures. There is no compensation for the continual chaos employees are expected to endure.
May 18, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. It is always a goal within executive leadership to support our teams through communication, accountability and structure. It is not always perfect, but we try hard at it and are committed to our staff. This is a very exciting time for CWCC, as we have introduced new executive leadership into the fold, and we have great things to come in the future as we continually improve.
If you want to work somewhere that values and appreciates its employees this is not the place for you. Staff is underpaid, overworked, and receives no support from upper management. Not everyone is held to the same standard and the rules change daily. I would recommend looking elsewhere for employment.
May 18, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your perception about the work environment, and would like to hear more so that we can improve. The leadership team are constantly brainstorming ways to to decrease stress and improve upon workplace processes.
The position that I held was supervising men and women as they proceeded through a substance recovery program. The staff were team players and the management was helpful. The communication was great.
May 18, 2020
Great feedback! We are committed to our mission of leading behavioral health in Wyoming through our continued legacy of stewardship, innovation and compassion. Thank you for your contribution and support!
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Avoid this place at all cost, Very toxic work environment horrible management! This has to be the worst experience I have ever encountered. I wish I could find something good to say from my experience here but I have nothing.
When hired I was hired as a swing shift employee. When I started they changed to 12 hour days. Therefore I was not given the same compensation I was offered upon hire. It was said that they would work with my school schedule. They expected me to "make up" the hours I would need to leave for school even though with missing those hours I would still be at 80 hrs a week. Employees are over worked and management expectations are far too high considering the emotional demand of the job.
I learned a lot about myself and the professional community. The supervision was open and available. I am happy I had the opportunity to work for the Central organization.
May 19, 2020
Thank you for your feedback and your help supporting the needs of the community!
Working there is quite the experience. They don't properly train you & while they are writing you up & reminding you that you are in an "At Will" state, they then get you training.
They also expect you to do the job of two people without any fails. Effort to replace a person that leaves is minimal.
Advances Social Services skill, exposure to a diverse clientele. Conducts ASI and ASAM. Provides clients with Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment and counseling.
I started here with no previous experience in the mental health field. It was a good place to get my licensure and gain experience. However, it is very poorly run, they do not value their employees or their clients, and the environment is toxic and unhealthy. If you have experience in the mental health field, this would probably not be a good fit as you will not be valued or compensated for your experience and clinical skill. They place more emphasis on getting in as many clients as possible and then discharging them as soon as possible, with little concern as to the quality of treatment.
Pros
Good place to gain experience and hours
Cons
Poor management, poor compensation, lack of care about clients or employees
I would never work there again. To disorganized. They like to promote who they like. Not based off of the work they do. The whole place was run very poorly and no one know what they are doing.
Inspiring job, and fast-paced setting. Patience is key in this position, and accurate documentation is a must. Some issues with management, but those concerns can be resolved if you voice you opinion to the proper individuals.
Pros
Free lunches, shift differential for wages
Cons
Inconsistency, miscommunication
Poor management, lack of consistency, no raises. Its a good starter job however no room for advancement without a degree. There are a lot of informative groups to sit on and learn from. Some of the people are really great to work with however management is poor.
Pros
One free meal, great benefits, fulltime
Cons
no raises, no room for advancement, lack of quality management, inconsistency
Hours are long and days are full. The reward of assisting individuals who want to change is worth it. Great program! Cautious about new ideas. Wonderful working enviroment.
Pros
Collaborative efforts and essential team work.
Cons
Snow!
As a Residential Specialist on graveyard shift, my duties included checking on clients to ensure their safety, cleaning, monitoring detox clients, as well as waking clients and escorting them to breakfast. Thanks to this job, I have gained a new perspective on people who find themselves in need of such services and the situations that have led them there. Management is helpful and responsive in a timely fashion to graveyard staff, and involved in a more hands on way during the day and early afternoon. The culture is very cooperative and positive, both for the staff and the clients. The most enjoyable part of the job is establishing rapport with the clients and getting to know them, though it can also be the most difficult part as it does take them time to open up to people.
My typical day at work was great. I enjoyed all aspects of the job. I learned all of the front desks in all 4 areas and was able to fill in if needed.
A typical day at work began as an outpatient therapist working with my adult clients. I learned a variety of tasks, scheduling and electronic charting.
Management was not a good fit, rarely was my supervisor available to help during times I needed.

I had wonderful co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the juggling of 60 clients and scheduling them each month.

I loved being an outpatient therapist.
Pros
The benefit compensation
Cons
Lack of fit with management
I learned a great deal through my internship at CWCC through leading psycho-educational groups, interacting with the clients and learning under the adolescent counselor.
I absolutely felt honored and privileged to learn and work with the counselors present at the beginning of my experience at CWCC , however there were changes that made time limited for individual counseling and assistance with understanding clients disease process of addictions.
Pros
the clients
Cons
time limitations, not enough counselors and overcrowding of out-patient classes
I was thrilled to have the opportunity to work at CWCC. The over all experience working with different clientel which encluded men, women, and juveniles, following through in-house treatment, out-patient,selective groups and through the court system when necessary was incomparable.
Pros
experience with diverse clientel
Cons
under staffed
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Wyoming Counseling Center. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9