CentralSquare Technologies Employee Reviews

Bad management, poor communication
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 31, 2019
We were merged into one megacompany during my employment here, and we weren't given any swift information on if our product would be continued or not, which made us employees and our customers antsy over job security. Finally told us our product is "not being sunsetted but is going legacy." Watched a lot of people get laid off/fired right after that.

Management was overbearing, micromanaging, and hostile. Management had no clue what we even do or how we do it and would not take the time to listen to us or our concerns. We were passed over for promotions multiple times. Support department was overworked and understaffed.

Company got rid of most remote work and made it extremely difficult to work from home.
Pros
Pto
Just when you thought it could not get any worse...
Sr Engineer (Former Employee) –  NCJanuary 16, 2019
The recent acquisition by Central SQ. has created such turmoil in the company across all product lines. Managers take credit for any success and front line employees take responsibility for failure which are directly related to poor management decisions. Many managers have little to no experience in the field of operation or technology. "You don't need to know anything about a product to manage it". The customers are dealing with the worst of the issues...Customer services is low and support call ticket are incredibly high, in this case Public Safety products. Central SQ. 'Investment firm' owned will sell the company for personal financial gain in the short term. They will pay good salaries\hourly wages in order to find replacements to keep the company going, revenue is down 'Public Safety' products. Benefits are below average for Corporate.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Extremly poor Mid\Upper level managment
Run
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 11, 2019
Central Square Technologies is not somewhere you want to work. Management moves 'fast' in that hasty decisions without planning are constantly made. They lay off entire teams of people only to post the same job position for another product in another location. Communication on migration from legacy systems is often only given a few days before.

Employee benefits are not consistent, there are groups that haven't received their 401k benefit for months. Multiple employees have had their dependents randomly dropped off their insurance, requiring phone calls to HR to straighten out.

The fact that have 100+ job openings should say something. Central Square is a merger of several other established companies, it's not a new startup. Why do they have so many job openings?
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Open Office, New Management
Everything you read is correct
anonymous (Former Employee) –  anonymousJanuary 8, 2019
Every comment posted here is correct. No job security, severe micromanagement, and clueless management and executives who are trying to inflate the company for Vista Equities to sell it off. Don't buy into the high salary because once it's sold off in the near future for profit, they'll have even more layoffs.
Absolutely clueless
Management (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 5, 2019
Management continues to be clueless as to what customer base wants and how to deliver products! Middle management who did know what to do have left the company out of frustration with executives! So they have literally lost a thousand years of valuable experience and clients know it and have given up!
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Crammed workspace and no direction
New company
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Decorah, IAJanuary 3, 2019
I don't have an opinion at this time as they have just taken over our company. So far everything has been good and they seem to be fair in their benefits.
Do not recommend!
Business Professional (Current Employee) –  FLJanuary 2, 2019
I've never worked at a place where people cry on such a regular basis. The upper management is micromanaging, intimidating and ungrateful. Everybody else is so discouraged and down, even people who moved here from other states and haven't been here a year yet are looking for new jobs. It seems like we all want to leave.

I think the company really only cares about profits anymore. It's such a shame, because this used to be an amazing, family-friendly place to work. This merger just took place and already they have announced the closing of at least 10 offices. All the remote jobs are being discontinued. Hundreds of people are being laid off. In their place, CentralSquare hires people straight out of college with no experience. All the product knowledge is being lost and yet we're expected to support the new products from the merger. Our customers are police and local governments and really need our products to be supported correctly, but I'm afraid we're going to lose our ability to do this to our best ability.

I will say, if you're a new grad, this might be a good place to start out. They definitely hire new college grads, so you could get experience here, if you can make it through a few years of dysfunction. After this place, every other workplace is looking up!
Pros
Benefits, if you understand them, comfy chairs, Friday breakfast, coworkers
Cons
Management, culture, values
Worst place to work in Orlando
PMO (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 29, 2018
Zero work life balance and horrible management. Everyone is miserable coming to work here every day. High turnover and they don't care about their employees' mental health.
used to be good, it is not anymore
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLDecember 4, 2018
This used to be a great company that allowed people to work remotely, had good benefits, and valued its employees and customers. Under the new management it is horrible. People are quitting without having another job, that should tell you something.

Under the new management the company treats its employees like garbage and it doesn't seem to care about its customers either. The company is losing lots of employees, some being fired because they don't allow to work remote anymore, some are quitting with or without another job, some are being laid off. All this while they say they can't hire the people they need. This leaves lots of customer without the support they need for their issues, but this doesn't seem to be a concern for the company.

The company has hired lots of new young people, they have some very good ones, programmers, doing QA, which seems like a waste of a resource, while they have some working as programmers who make you wonder if they really are programmers.

Can't really trust what management tells you in meetings either. They say one thing and then change their minds later and do something else. From what I heard from new hires, can't trust them in the interviews either. They tell them they will be working in some cool technology and then they end up working somewhere else in some older technology.

Worst place I have ever known or heard of as far as employees. I even thought maybe all these changes are because management wants to bring the company down for some reason.

Not family friendly at all. If you are starting out and you want to start
  more... somewhere for some time, this may be a good place. If you have a family this is not a good match.

I'd like to say something good so it's not all so negative. The building looks nice and they have a Starbucks there. No cubes though
Pros
training videos
Cons
new management is the worst
Awful
Private (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 19, 2018
The coworkers I worked with were awesome. During the merger with Tritech, it was plain, if you were not a Superion employee, you did not matter. Superion, which became Central Square, destroyed Tritech.
This company talks innovation but its all lip service
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 2, 2018
Good ole boy network...
If you are not a part of the male executive clique, there is no career advancement.
No women in executive leadership.
No support from direct management.
Asked for innovation then ignored the ideas.
Felt ignored.
After new CEO came, started replacing experienced leaders with kids just out of college with no experience
No Coaching
No Career Development
Company changed hands four times in three years
Pros
I liked my team and colleagues, I liked my work!
Cons
See my review
New and Thriving
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 30, 2018
New to public safety. Interested to see how they navigate the industry. I enjoyed working at TriTech. I am optimistic and excited to see where things may go.
Pros
Remote Working Conditions
Cons
None at this point
Lack focus and direction
Level 3 (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 26, 2018
Mark43 looks to be a better company in this field. The inconsistencies in the way Central Square operates and puts together software to help the general public is alarming. CEO is unapproachable but there are a few good people in the company, these employees have been here a while (5 years+).
Pros
If you have nothing else going on in life. this is a great place to live.
Cons
have 75% of market and will get what they want.
New changes mean unhappy workers
Product Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCSeptember 25, 2018
The company bought other companies that had the same product line. This resulted in lots of people people laid off or forced into a different role. The changing environment affected a lot of people.
Fast-paced and challenging
Account Manager/Customer Success Consultant (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 22, 2018
Each day presents new challenges. I have learned so many different ways to solve problems along with the fact that I will be able to come up with even more solutions. Overall, the culture is light and flexible. Probably a little too light. Management does not enforce any attendance policy or measure productivity which allows a lot of really low productivity. Making it very difficult to provide customers what they need when they need it.

I do love the variety in tasks in my job. I don't have a lot of repetitive actions that get tedious and boring. If I do have those, it's in between other tasks that are mentally challenging which creates a lot of job satisfaction for me.

I do love my coworkers and feel very comfortable in my job.
Great mission
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCSeptember 20, 2018
CentralSquare's mission is to provide the best public experience to public safety and justice agencies. The work we do directly affects millions of Americans.
Pros
Free breakfast Fridays, access to the greenway
Cons
Open office environment, few upward growth opportunities