CentraState Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Low morale/no support from management
Residency Practice Program-Outpatient clinic (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJSeptember 21, 2018
Management is not supportive in your professional role /personal life. The moral is very weak due to how employees are treated. Working in a positive environment with management that appreciates your efforts and lets you know if important. It motivates the employee to have better relationships and do a better job.
Pros
scheduled hours
Cons
Negative moral throughout the office
Great learning experience for new medical employees
Monitor Technician for the Telemetry Unit (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJSeptember 20, 2018
Very busy job as an ECG monitor technician. You constantly need to be focused for the full shift. I learned how to interpret heart rhythms and how to properly respond to an abnormal rhythm to a nurse or doctor. Management is very friendly and willing to help you succeed to become better and help you reach goals you may have for your future. The hardest part of the job is watching every heart rhythm on the screen which is near 45 50 at once and watching for anything wrong on each for 12 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing the care you're giving to the patient because of what you did for your job and the staff is so friendly. Week 2 I felt like part of the family there.
fun work place and you love to meet new people to work with.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJSeptember 19, 2018
typical day at work is always busy .The most enjoyable part of the job you meet new people everyday. I learn new things everyday about the job, I do love working there . The only thing I don't like is when you put applications for a different area , you never get a call or an interview and i don't think its right or fair , when you are just trying to move up the ladder to do something else . you would like to learn a new career in hospital setting.
It was not a fun workplace
Sundaram Raghunandan MD, (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJSeptember 18, 2018
No one seemed to really care for one another. It was a work place where everyone would do anything to make sure they got on top. Management did not even seem to care about what was go
Great place
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJAugust 4, 2018
Great place to work! Great place to get hospital experience in monmouth county. Would definitely recommend to other nurses looking for employment at an acute care facility.
ED Nurse
Emergency Department Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJuly 2, 2018
I was as emergency room staff nurse. As a ED Nurse the responsibilities are as follows:
1. triage
2. Patient evaluations
3. Patient assessment and care management
4. IV therapy
5. Admission or discharge
Recruiter & Staffing Coordinator
Recruiter & Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJune 20, 2018
I primarily hired nursing staff for the hospital. I conducted interviews, screenings and hiring assessments. While staffing coordinator I made sure that the nursing floors were covered 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. The hardest part of the job was when I would have limited staff and personnel would call off bringing the staffing compliment to an unacceptable low. There is nothing better than working with hospital personnel. They are full of life, and very animated. They deal with death gracefully and know how to celebrate life!
A day of Patient Care
Patient Care Technician/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJJune 16, 2018
A typically day as a PCT is never easy. You have your good and bad days at the hospital. We care for the patients and try to make them feel a little better being here at the hospital is never were someone wants to be. I personally try to make all my patients stay here at the hospital positive. Working as a team on a cardiac floor is the most important thing, as this floor can be heavy. I enjoy helping my co workers when they need help and also the nurses who we work side by side with everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with my patients getting to know them and making their stay here comfortable!
Interesting Place
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJJune 4, 2018
Centrastate is a good place to work to gain any fundamental knowledge about nursing. Has lots of opportunity for new graduates and many nursing residency programs.
Exciting place to work at the residency program
Clinical Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJMay 17, 2018
Working at the CentraState residency practice was challenging and exciting. Watching the residents grow in the studies was gratifying. The culture at CentraState was one of team work to achieve common goals. great support from management. Always provided resources to improve and grow in job performance.
Pros
always more to learn
Cons
Centrastate was fast-paced, but was an awesome opportunity!
Speech-Language Pathology Internship (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJMay 17, 2018
Centrastate afforded me the wonderful opportunity to do gain both, pediatric and adult experience. My supervisor was amazing and taught me so much about dysphagia, patient care, and the ins and outs of the hospital setting. Unlike the school setting, assessments, evaluations, and report writing had to be quick...the turn around time was rough. Having gone through an experience such as this one, I came out knowing what I was made of.
Pros
Excellent source of learning with great materials
Cons
Fast-paced with no time to spare
good for longterm employment
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJMay 2, 2018
a good place to work .. salary not that great... working in an er you never know how the night will be can be rewarding or can be very difficult good co workers
Pros
steady employment
Cons
nightshift
Busy
Unit Secretary / 100 Hour Internship (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJMarch 26, 2018
You start the day with entering information for the billing department on bed count. Then you prepare patients for discharge or transfer on or off the floor.
Pros
lunch was included in the shift hours
Great staff and support!
Registered Nurse- Progressive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJFebruary 3, 2018
I loved working there! If i did not have to relocate, I would still be working at Centrastate! I recommend anyone to work there. It is my first job as an RN and the help and staff is amazing.
anesthesia tech
Anesthesia Technologist (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJanuary 17, 2018
worked as an anesthesia tech for the afternoon shift which was not a full time position. was told my hours would increase but the increase in hours to fulltime never became available
Excellent PT staff to work with
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJDecember 13, 2017
PTs were always willing to share their knowledge. Patients came to CentraState on a good reputation of the physical therapy department. Management was willing to listen to suggestions for improvement.
The people there were very nice to work with.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJNovember 13, 2017
The days here were for the majority of the time very even tone. I learned to work several types of cameras. The Management was easy to talk to. The hardest part of the job was the call. the workplace culture was fine and the most enjoyable part of the job were the people.
Pros
nice people to work with
good place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJNovember 7, 2017
I enjoyed working there.
It truly is a family community.
Left because I was recruited to next job.
In hind sight I should have stayed.
But we can not go backwards, only forwards.
Pros
Pays for education, security, benifits
Cons
always short people, high stress
Work Day
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJOctober 1, 2017
My new manager is great, she really cares about the employees. I love my job overall even though there are some things I think are out of my scope of title and I should be compensated a little more due to added responsibilities. I am only looking to leave due to wanting to relocate closer to friends and family.
Pros
great benefits, raises, bonuses, good pay, good schedule, encrue paid time off, advancement
Cons
added responsibilities
Great Work Place
Overnight Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJSeptember 21, 2017
I love to work at CentraState. My typical work day is doing Diagnostic Sonographs on patients that are not well. I have to work under a pressured time due to the fact I work overnight alone in the ER. My supervisor is great and understanding. Hardest part of my job is when I have to keep my emotions and sympathy to myself when a serious pathology or diagnosis is to be made.
Pros
Helping patients, Relaxed fast paced environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CentraState Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2