CentraState Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Best place to start your career.
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJOctober 29, 2018
IF you are looking for a place to learn how to be the best tech you can be this is the place your you. The entire staff is extremely knowledgeable, and willing to teach. The management from direct supervisors to the department manger care both about the job and their coworkers. Noticed how I said coworkers in reference to management that's because they work right next to you not just dictating from an office. Long term wise I would have never left here if it wasn't for a long distance move. If you work here you can work anywhere.
Pros
Culture, managment, education, job security, bounes, Employee recognition
Cons
Job advancement, pay is a little low
Great learning experience for new medical employees
Monitor Technician for the Telemetry Unit (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJSeptember 20, 2018
Very busy job as an ECG monitor technician. You constantly need to be focused for the full shift. I learned how to interpret heart rhythms and how to properly respond to an abnormal rhythm to a nurse or doctor. Management is very friendly and willing to help you succeed to become better and help you reach goals you may have for your future. The hardest part of the job is watching every heart rhythm on the screen which is near 45 50 at once and watching for anything wrong on each for 12 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing the care you're giving to the patient because of what you did for your job and the staff is so friendly. Week 2 I felt like part of the family there.
good for longterm employment
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJMay 2, 2018
a good place to work .. salary not that great... working in an er you never know how the night will be can be rewarding or can be very difficult good co workers
Pros
steady employment
Cons
nightshift
fun work place and you love to meet new people to work with.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJSeptember 19, 2018
typical day at work is always busy .The most enjoyable part of the job you meet new people everyday. I learn new things everyday about the job, I do love working there . The only thing I don't like is when you put applications for a different area , you never get a call or an interview and i don't think its right or fair , when you are just trying to move up the ladder to do something else . you would like to learn a new career in hospital setting.
Low morale/no support from management
Residency Practice Program-Outpatient clinic (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJSeptember 21, 2018
Management is not supportive in your professional role /personal life. The moral is very weak due to how employees are treated. Working in a positive environment with management that appreciates your efforts and lets you know if important. It motivates the employee to have better relationships and do a better job.
Pros
scheduled hours
Cons
Negative moral throughout the office
Fantastic co- workers and super friendly too.
Radiology (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJOctober 12, 2018
I've been a full time employee for 5 year's and enjoy my time there. Centrastate, could pay a little more but, they do a little extra to compensate the employees. The doctors and nursing staff and support staff are awesome. There is constant education for every employee. You can put in for a transfer from your department and move to something else, that you may be interested in. All in all, if you're looking for a friendly atmosphere to work in, then centrastate medical center is the place for you.
Pros
Employee BBQ's, employee recognition for job performance.
Cons
Pay a little low.
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJOctober 29, 2018
Good place to work. Focus on work, life balance. Management is there for it's workers. people often work together. needs some improvement with communication.
A day of Patient Care
Patient Care Technician/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJJune 16, 2018
A typically day as a PCT is never easy. You have your good and bad days at the hospital. We care for the patients and try to make them feel a little better being here at the hospital is never were someone wants to be. I personally try to make all my patients stay here at the hospital positive. Working as a team on a cardiac floor is the most important thing, as this floor can be heavy. I enjoy helping my co workers when they need help and also the nurses who we work side by side with everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with my patients getting to know them and making their stay here comfortable!
It was not a fun workplace
Sundaram Raghunandan MD, (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJSeptember 18, 2018
No one seemed to really care for one another. It was a work place where everyone would do anything to make sure they got on top. Management did not even seem to care about what was go
Exciting place to work at the residency program
Clinical Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJMay 17, 2018
Working at the CentraState residency practice was challenging and exciting. Watching the residents grow in the studies was gratifying. The culture at CentraState was one of team work to achieve common goals. great support from management. Always provided resources to improve and grow in job performance.
Pros
always more to learn
Work Day
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJOctober 1, 2017
My new manager is great, she really cares about the employees. I love my job overall even though there are some things I think are out of my scope of title and I should be compensated a little more due to added responsibilities. I am only looking to leave due to wanting to relocate closer to friends and family.
Pros
great benefits, raises, bonuses, good pay, good schedule, encrue paid time off, advancement
Cons
added responsibilities
Recruiter & Staffing Coordinator
Recruiter & Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJune 20, 2018
I primarily hired nursing staff for the hospital. I conducted interviews, screenings and hiring assessments. While staffing coordinator I made sure that the nursing floors were covered 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. The hardest part of the job was when I would have limited staff and personnel would call off bringing the staffing compliment to an unacceptable low. There is nothing better than working with hospital personnel. They are full of life, and very animated. They deal with death gracefully and know how to celebrate life!
Centrastate was fast-paced, but was an awesome opportunity!
Speech-Language Pathology Internship (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJMay 17, 2018
Centrastate afforded me the wonderful opportunity to do gain both, pediatric and adult experience. My supervisor was amazing and taught me so much about dysphagia, patient care, and the ins and outs of the hospital setting. Unlike the school setting, assessments, evaluations, and report writing had to be quick...the turn around time was rough. Having gone through an experience such as this one, I came out knowing what I was made of.
Pros
Excellent source of learning with great materials
Cons
Fast-paced with no time to spare
ED Nurse
Emergency Department Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJuly 2, 2018
I was as emergency room staff nurse. As a ED Nurse the responsibilities are as follows:
1. triage
2. Patient evaluations
3. Patient assessment and care management
4. IV therapy
5. Admission or discharge
good place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJNovember 7, 2017
I enjoyed working there.
It truly is a family community.
Left because I was recruited to next job.
In hind sight I should have stayed.
But we can not go backwards, only forwards.
Pros
Pays for education, security, benifits
Cons
always short people, high stress
I feel very satisfied when I leave my job that I have done everything to the best of my ability. I am very confident in my work ethics.
OFFICE ASSISTANT-OPERATING ROOM (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJMay 1, 2015
I enjoy my job. My co-workers are understanding and wonderful to work with. Management is much to be desired. Would like to make more money. The only difficult part of the job would be ordering blood fast enough sometimes for the patient when they are critical in the operating room.
Pros
Close to my home and people are great to work with
Cons
Manager does not know how to talk to people, she has a big turnover in her department. Everyone wishes the raises could be bigger.
Excellent Place to work
Health Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJAugust 8, 2017
High quality healthcare to the community, Always proactive with new services. A very positive experience for employees. Offers employees many benefits and programs to advance their careers and assistance with their families.
Pros
Positive working environment
Cons
can not think of any
Great place
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJAugust 4, 2018
Great place to work! Great place to get hospital experience in monmouth county. Would definitely recommend to other nurses looking for employment at an acute care facility.
Fun workplace with compassionate nurses
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJanuary 18, 2013
Was given a great opportunity for a first time nursing technician. Hospital was a great teaching hospital and allowed me to gain a lot of knowledge while starting out. Management was great, as were the benefits. The nurses and other technicians were wonderful to the patients, and everything was always in order. I felt as though I experienced years worth of work in my time spent there from all the information I gained.
Interesting Place
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJJune 4, 2018
Centrastate is a good place to work to gain any fundamental knowledge about nursing. Has lots of opportunity for new graduates and many nursing residency programs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CentraState Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2