CentraState Healthcare System Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Centrastate was fast-paced, but was an awesome opportunity!
Speech-Language Pathology Internship (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJMay 17, 2018
Centrastate afforded me the wonderful opportunity to do gain both, pediatric and adult experience. My supervisor was amazing and taught me so much about dysphagia, patient care, and the ins and outs of the hospital setting. Unlike the school setting, assessments, evaluations, and report writing had to be quick...the turn around time was rough. Having gone through an experience such as this one, I came out knowing what I was made of.
Pros
Excellent source of learning with great materials
Cons
Fast-paced with no time to spare
good for longterm employment
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJMay 2, 2018
a good place to work .. salary not that great... working in an er you never know how the night will be can be rewarding or can be very difficult good co workers
Pros
steady employment
Cons
nightshift
Busy
Unit Secretary / 100 Hour Internship (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJMarch 26, 2018
You start the day with entering information for the billing department on bed count. Then you prepare patients for discharge or transfer on or off the floor.
Pros
lunch was included in the shift hours
Great staff and support!
Registered Nurse- Progressive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJFebruary 3, 2018
I loved working there! If i did not have to relocate, I would still be working at Centrastate! I recommend anyone to work there. It is my first job as an RN and the help and staff is amazing.
anesthesia tech
Anesthesia Technologist (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJanuary 17, 2018
worked as an anesthesia tech for the afternoon shift which was not a full time position. was told my hours would increase but the increase in hours to fulltime never became available
Excellent PT staff to work with
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJDecember 13, 2017
PTs were always willing to share their knowledge. Patients came to CentraState on a good reputation of the physical therapy department. Management was willing to listen to suggestions for improvement.
The people there were very nice to work with.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJNovember 13, 2017
The days here were for the majority of the time very even tone. I learned to work several types of cameras. The Management was easy to talk to. The hardest part of the job was the call. the workplace culture was fine and the most enjoyable part of the job were the people.
Pros
nice people to work with
good place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJNovember 7, 2017
I enjoyed working there.
It truly is a family community.
Left because I was recruited to next job.
In hind sight I should have stayed.
But we can not go backwards, only forwards.
Pros
Pays for education, security, benifits
Cons
always short people, high stress
no thank you
Family Medicine Residency Program (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJOctober 2, 2017
No thank you I prefer not to answer these questions. I do not understand why this is a required field I am only writing to fill the 150 character requirement
Work Day
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJOctober 1, 2017
My new manager is great, she really cares about the employees. I love my job overall even though there are some things I think are out of my scope of title and I should be compensated a little more due to added responsibilities. I am only looking to leave due to wanting to relocate closer to friends and family.
Pros
great benefits, raises, bonuses, good pay, good schedule, encrue paid time off, advancement
Cons
added responsibilities
Great Work Place
Overnight Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJSeptember 21, 2017
I love to work at CentraState. My typical work day is doing Diagnostic Sonographs on patients that are not well. I have to work under a pressured time due to the fact I work overnight alone in the ER. My supervisor is great and understanding. Hardest part of my job is when I have to keep my emotions and sympathy to myself when a serious pathology or diagnosis is to be made.
Pros
Helping patients, Relaxed fast paced environment
Hospital Security Wasn't for Me
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJSeptember 8, 2017
I did not enjoy working here too much.....

The job was rather boring, but people all have different interest and careers in mind.

Thought the job would be a good stepping stone into the Police force but decided criminal justice wasnt for me anymore....
Pros
people were cool
Cons
it was overall ok
Excellent Place to work
Health Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJAugust 8, 2017
High quality healthcare to the community, Always proactive with new services. A very positive experience for employees. Offers employees many benefits and programs to advance their careers and assistance with their families.
Pros
Positive working environment
Cons
can not think of any
its an ok place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJAugust 3, 2017
the job is very simple and not a bad place to work. this department is an ok department to start in and move your way up in the hospital.i have learned that this workplace is not what it appears to be and its also just a business.
Pros
you get to assist in patient care
Cons
low pay
management causes issues
Patient Observer, Psychiatric Unit (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJuly 27, 2017
this is not a terrible place to work for, however depending on management it can be the reason you walk out the door. Sometimes you will have to work on a floor that is understaffed. Nurses can be lazy. Again this all depends on what floor you are on. You might luck out and work with a wonderful staff (nurses, techs, dr's, etc.)
I work in a great group of people
Director of Applications and Development (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJJune 27, 2017
CentraState is only second to my gig at nexteMR as my favorite jobs in my career.

I learn something new everyday and with the support of my CIO an effort that I started and oversaw was awarded with a Innovator award from a healthcare organization.
Great to share holistic modalities
Community Health Educator (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJJune 19, 2017
I enjoy giving people information to empower themselves. I enjoy having people try new things and keep an open mind and happy heart.
We are working to expand the live life well classes, as there is not much advertising on the classes.
Pros
Sharing holistic natural techniques
Cons
Not enough public awareness
Enjoyed my work.
CLERICAL (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJune 5, 2017
Although my job was fast paced and stressful at times I would recommend it to friends .Enjoyed my job. .Was able to constantly be learning something new.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
Co workers not always willing to cover for me when needing time off.
Good suburban hospital
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJMay 3, 2017
Nice place to work. Easy environment and nice management team. There is great parking and a day care center. Like all hospitals, there is a lot of attention to controlling cost.
Community Hospital, pay is not competitive.
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJMay 1, 2017
Working on a hospital floor is tough at times, and I feel that there should be more support for all personnel. The salary for my position is well below average. I understand this is a community hospital, but if you want to retain your employees, provide better compensation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CentraState Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.

CentraState Healthcare System Reviews by Location