Centre College Employee Reviews

Long Hours
HEAD MEN'S AND WOMEN'S TENNIS COACH (Current Employee) –  Tennis CourtsOctober 17, 2018
Long hours and underpaid. Had to travel a lot, but not compensated for that time traveled. Very few resources allocated to help reach full potential. Coworkers are great, but rarely get the chance to interact given the demands of the job and time constraints
Pros
Low cost lunch
Cons
very few resources allocated to staff
Student Worker review
ITS Technician (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYAugust 16, 2018
Training was done by supervisor and then by fellow student workers. Everyone was very helpful and expectations were made very clear. Communication was good so that no one overlapped unnecessarily.
A rewarding campus job
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danville, KY 40422May 30, 2018
Many of the work-study jobs on campus are easy-going, but the Resident Assistant job is a bit more demanding. It pays a little more than other jobs, gives a rewarding experience by working with peers, and teaches invaluable skills during training and the inevitable conflicts that arise around campus.
Productive and Fun workplace with helpdesk
Campus Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYMay 19, 2018
This job required me to manage the Information Help Desk in the Colleges Campus Center. Providing students and visitors with assistance in any request they have. Room setups and breakdowns. Loan out and manage recreational and electronic supplies.
Pros
Campus Center Access
Cons
no benefits, low pay, few hours
Great place to work.
College Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYMarch 12, 2018
Great place to work. Multiple opportunities for professional growth. Fantastic opportunities for travel and professional development. Supportive professional environment.
Great Place to work.
Physics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYOctober 21, 2017
Centre was a nice place to work. The professors were world-class, and the campus was beautiful. The work environment was very relaxed. Would recommend.
Pros
Free lunches
Great Student Research Positions
Lab Researcher (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYAugust 21, 2017
Positions at Centre College were unpaid positions available to enrolled undergraduate students purely for lab experience. I had the pleasure of working on not just one project, but five. Assisting my professors in their pursuit of their personal research interests was the best part of my undergraduate career.
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJune 8, 2017
I enjoyed working at Centre College in the Athletic Dept. I especially enjoyed meeting community members and the student athletics that frequented the facility.
Rewarding!
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYFebruary 27, 2017
A rewarding and enjoyable institution at which to teach! The students are motivated, and highly intelligent. It is a part time position with no room for advancement. However, I would enjoy teaching there in a full time basis.
Pros
Wonderful students and colleagues.
I was there
Team Captain (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYFebruary 22, 2017
I was there, I was employed there. They compensated me for my time I spent there. It was enjoyable. I refuse to type more hippopotamus.
Productive and fun place to work
Head Field Hockey Coach (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYJanuary 21, 2017
Centre has provided me all the tools to grow both as a field hockey coach and as a professional in sports administration.

- Fun
- Young
- Growth
- Expansion in Athletics
Love working here
Academic Systems Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYDecember 28, 2016
I love working at a campus that is in my community. It is such a nice and friendly place and everyone is a pleasure to work with.
Work Study
Centre College Baseball Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYApril 17, 2016
I worked for Centre as my work study while I was a full-time student at the school. This was a great way to earn money while going to school and learning how to balance a job and school.
Centre has been a productive environment for school and work.
Football Statistician and Mathematics Dept. Tutor (Current Employee) –  Danville, KentuckyDecember 20, 2011
Centre has given me the opportunity to work as a student, to keep statistics for their football team. Also, I have had the opportunity to tutor for the mathematics department.