Centre for Neuro Skills Employee Reviews

fast paced and loving environment
Innovation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 20, 2019
Working at cns was very educational and a great experience i have grown tremendously working here, Its more of a family then a work place I met a lot of people and learned a variety of things.
Pros
flexible hours, certificates and training, lunches, family oriented, educational
A Leading Company
Residential Rehabilitation Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Centre for Neuro Skills is a company that believes in a mission to provide the best possible customer service not only for their patients, but also to its employees too. The amount of effort put forth into show of appreciation, continuation of improvement in workplace culture, and positive involvement precedes any initial expectations I had when joining. I am grateful to be a part of a company that not only is a world class leader in patient rehabilitation, but also in employee engagement.
Amazing company to be a part of.
Senior Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 16, 2019
It is not only rewarding working for a company that is dedicated to helping people, but very meaningful to have people at every level of the company be so supportive of you. During a difficult time for my family last year, I really felt as though the administration circled the wagons for me and my family, gave us a tremendous amount of support that we are forever grateful for.
Pros
Too many to count.
Cons
Not being able to help everyone can become very taxing.
Cns
OT (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 12, 2019
Therapy staff is wonderful. Patients are awesome. Reports are extensive and require extra time to complete. Management is inconsistent. Case load ebbs and flows. Pay is lower than most rehab centers within the vicinity.
They provide good care to patients but treat employees badly
Neuro Rehab Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 10, 2019
The kind of services they provide is great but they do not care about their employers nor protect their interest. Too many changes in a short while, no overtime nor do you get 40 hrs per week some do while some of us do not
Good people doing great things
finance group (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 4, 2018
Management is accessible and we make a major positive impact on the patient's lives. The business is growing and the company invests in its people and systems
Pros
great experience
Great Place to work
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 24, 2018
Great place. Great patients. Great benefits. Loved being a part of such a collaborative team with support offered as a professional. Would work there again if ever relocating back to California!
Productive work place
Neuro rehabilitation specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 1, 2018
This was a very rewarding job to have. Working with people to help them be apart of the world again. It taught them something as well as me something.
Fast Pace but Committed to their Patients
Training & Development Liaision (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 14, 2018
I have been here for many years having had several different positions. Work is difficult but very rewarding. We change lives. It doesn't matter if you are the housekeeper or the CEO, everyone pitches in and does what it takes to help the patients. It is highly collaborative and innovative. Our owner is a visionary who wants not just to rehab patients with brain injuries, but to research how to minimize the disability and increase the independence in everything we do. Ex. We created a sleep lab to study the relationship between sleep and recovery. We did research on human growth hormone levels and recovery. We started a vision department many years ago before anyone else was doing this.
The work is very hard as the patients and families have many needs and we don't always get it right. But we try. Everyday we suit up and make the decision to give it our best. I love the fact that so many people have worked here for many years and are still totally committed to the patients and to their jobs.
Pros
Great benefits and room for advancement.
Cons
Constantly changing variables make communication difficult.
Great Job
Residential Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 31, 2018
Great Company, I enjoy working for this company. I believe they treat the staff good and always reward them for their hard work. I would recommend this company.
Teamwork
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 24, 2018
The teamwork at this facility was awesome. The staff was kind and very helpful when it was needed. Management was great and friendly. Supervisors were constantly working to provide.
busy
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 11, 2018
caseloads were large with short staff, lots of groups and crowded hallways. expected to manage caseload and "make it work" without the support required
Nrs
Neuro Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 28, 2018
It's an amazing job very stressful if you care for people because it's sad to see some patients that will never be able to rehabilitate. But it is very rewarding when you see patients get better.
Pros
raffles, food, trips, movies every week
Cons
stress
n/a
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2018
A typical day of work includes answering r/r calls, working on both schedules for the DFW locations. I learned a lot, Management is fine, The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the patients progress.
Pros
Lunch, Pto, flexiable
Cons
Poor treatment
CNS is a great company for what they do
CNS (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 27, 2018
cns is a great company but the workers are under paid and the mangers are rude and don't care about there employs u work your butt of and still they make u feel like that wasn't enough
Basically a Stepping Stone
Neuro Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 20, 2018
If you need experience to be in the medical field/want to get employed at a hospital this is the place.....Anything else it's useless. The managers don't help, they don't care, they will treat you like a child or less than in front of everyone. It's crazy how many times someone walked out because of being called out rudely and unnecessarily during group huddle. They keep temps on because they have no retention. I wouldn't even let a family member get treatment here. It's that bad!!!
Pros
Experience
Cons
No breaks, rare for lunches, managers, everything.
neuro rehab specialist
Neuro Rehab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 30, 2018
no room to move up as supervisors have favorites
supervisors act better than everyone else
some supervisors need a lot more training as they didn't know how to do their job
Pros
watching a patient advance
Cons
supervisors
Compassion
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 19, 2017
The management has a lack compassion when it comes personal issues with employees. Its all about money for the company,they expect you to revolve your world around the job. Leaving no time to better your future.
Pros
good environment
Overal good place to work
Therapist (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 4, 2017
In general it is a good place to work. Huge amount of learning from the type of patients you see. However, management is not on top of things and priorities appear to be in the wrong order.
The patients are awesome.
Communication is lacking and a lot of attitude in each department.
Pros
free basketball/ hockey tickets, schedule is flexible if you are a therapist, patients are great
Cons
HUGE amounts of documentation & paperwork, feels like you are going to drown, Some case manager have the "manager" title underlined in their heads and act like they are IT.., pay is low for therapist, not a lot of opportunities to grow.., a lot is expected from you as a therapist but little give.
Loving patients
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Great place to work if you like to meet new people and learn new thing. Down fall of the place were management, you could never complain with out it getting out to everyone which caused a lot of hostility in the office. Just for a day off you had to make someone would be their to cover you or you didn't get the day off, it was worse when it came to a family emergency if you hadn't asked for the day off in advance it was put in as a "first come first serve basis", head nurse on my shift was always putting her work on to the medical assistance on the shift which was more work for us to do and nothing for her to do but was quick to point fingers if you weren't doing what she wanted you to do and made one look bad to all other staff. Over all I loved working hands on w/ patients, learned new thing everyday, seeing all the progress that was accomplished in the time I was their, made a lot of new friends and bonds, and was very hard to leave my patient.
Pros
learning and acomplishing new achivements
Cons
Managment needs to get better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centre for Neuro Skills. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight