CENTRIA HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews

productive but stressful working environment
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 4, 2018
Opportunity to make a difference. However, it can be stressful at time. There is always collaboration from co-workers. This makes a typical work day manageable.
Fun but stressful
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 2, 2018
I love my job. I love helping kids but working there is not enough. I get 10 hr a week and that’s not enough to live on. I’ve asked for more kiddos but I still have yet to get any. I also was out of work for 3 months because a case ended. And now I’m struggling to get caught back up because of how little hours I get. It also doesn’t help that my kiddo has really bad seizures and most of the time I don’t even get a full 10 hours a week because of this. It’s making me fall behind on bills.
Pros
Get to work with kiddos. It’s my dream job.
Cons
3 months no case and fell behind on bills. Now I only get 10 hours a week.
Working for Centria
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 1, 2018
Working for Centria was not always a walk in the park. Some days I would have patients that were fabulous and then some days I would have patients that were downright awful. I get that being a home health aid is not an easy job.
Loved my client, but the company only cares that you're making them money
Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 31, 2018
I've had 2 cases, both with somewhat normal kiddos. Loved my kids. But the company gives you a hard time if you have time off for any reason, even being sick. Instead of saying hope you or the client feel better they what you to make up hours a.s.a.p.. If you're not making money the company can't bill for therapy so they aren't making money and that's all they care about.
I've been with the company for over a year, my first client, the family decided to quit services, after months I finally got another client.
I also found out new untrained employees are starting out at $14 per hour. I don't make that much so asked to be brought up to that amount, and basically was told I have to be on a case for six months and my score card has to look good ( no missed time) in order to get a raise. That's not right!!
management and communication sucks
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MI and Saginaw, MISeptember 23, 2018
The lack of communication between the parents and the Client service managers is no existent. As a tech, I am looking for more cases and the CSM's don't seem to care. Other than that it is a good company to work for and I love my position.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
lack of communication
Lack of advancement and hours
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Wayne, MISeptember 17, 2018
If your looking to get into the ABA field, it's a great place to start. However, hours are extremely limited, and full time work is a far out dream you'll never achieve as a behavior technician.
ABA Therapy
ABA Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 13, 2018
I enjoyed working at Centria. My supervisor was attentive and knew lots about ABA. I only worked for the company for a summer and had one client. I left the company because most of the hours during the school year are evening and after school and that just didn't work for my schedule. The pay was great and a big perk to working for Centria. I loved doing hands on work with the client and would consider working for the company again if scheduling was more flexible for 1st shift and being able to go into the schools with the clients. Overall i learned a lot about individuals on the autism spectrum through extensive training, ABA, and experience with one-on-one care.
Just ask for more hours
Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MISeptember 6, 2018
I never had a problem getting work when I needed more hours. The families that I worked with were the best. I would recommend a high school level applicant apply for the RBT position. It is a rewarding job.
Structure of company needs help
Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oakland County, MISeptember 4, 2018
I love what I do, but I seem to be lost in the system. I have limited hours, but I feel like they don't even try to get me the work I need. It is a work in progress, but much more needs to be done for clients and nurses to be in good standing.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
too many hands in the pot.
Fast Paced
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Novi, MISeptember 2, 2018
Fast paced, long hours, but good mission. Still working through bumps and hurdles. Lacks structure. Younger culture, college kids. Wave of good an bad.
Good if you're looking for side work
ABA THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 31, 2018
I loved it, but after too may scheduling conflicts had to look elsewhere. If you have a non-compliance issue, good luck getting it resolved. The schedule can change suddenly.Also hard to get to full time.
Pros
Flexible, understanding of weather delays
Very relaxed and enjoyable
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 27, 2018
The schedule is very flexible allowing you to make up hours when you can. Part time and full time positions available depending on what you are looking for. Will assist you with client when needed and will guide you through what you need to do. Very relaxed environment.
fulfilling career
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAAugust 13, 2018
Working with clients toward increasing overall quality of life is as good as it gets.

flexible with scheduling is a must and more often than not that means working evenings.
The legal allegations are true
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIAugust 11, 2018
I got hired during a group interview in which we were told that everyone got the job. I was poorly trained and thrown in with clients instantly with little support from my BCBA. She seemed good person, but rarely answered her phone and provided little supervision.
Cons
Unreliable pay, lack of support from supervisors
They are hard to contact and cut hours without notice
HHA (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 10, 2018
Centria could be an amazing company if they took better care of their workers, kept us up to date, answered their phones, gave us notice before cutting our hours. They do however pay well. If they didn't hire in so many people and built more of a client list they would be a great company to work for
Pros
Pay
Cons
Communication and clientele
Perfect if you are single and have no life
Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT) (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 9, 2018
I am not recommending this job for ANY ONE with a family. It takes time away from what matters most- which should be the ones you live with.I should not be working with people that I see more than my own family.

There's too much work as an RBT if you want to do it right- as in, I don't get paid enough for all the work I do for clients OUTSIDE of work hours. This is definitely a job where you can't "leave work at work and home at home" if you have a family.

The hardest part: having to work with incompetent management and co workers

The most enjoyable part: seeing the client's face light up when they see you, or when they accomplish tasks and smile- knowing they did it and are proud of themselves :)
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor professionalism, poor communication, poor management
Not consistent
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 30, 2018
Don't rely on this as your only source of income because cases can stop anytime. You can walk into a session and find out there is no longer a contract with them and your therapy is over....with no warning.
Summary
HR Compliance Intern (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 24, 2018
I love it here as an intern! The people are very nice and welcome me with open arms. I help out a lot and the employees really appreciate my help. Good place to intern.
Good Entry Level Job in the Field
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 22, 2018
Working as a behavior therapist is a great first job to have for those who are interested in pursuing a career working with individuals (especially children) with autism. I would especially recommend it for college students as the hours typically are in the afternoon/evening and weekends. You learn a lot on the job from having some supervision but you also have to be independently motivated and creative to work by yourself.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Difficult to become Full-time
Loved The Work The Upper Management is horrid
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 18, 2018
This company is not honest or upfront. When hired they give very little direction, nothing seems to work quite right. I put all of my time and energy into this job, working from home, I was 40 min early for a client on multiple occasions without pay. They let me go without warning, for things they failed to communicate. Office is in Novi, so working in grand Rapids I never once saw the higher ups. they have no idea whats going on and treat Techs like they are worthless, often replacing them quickly. It is not fair to the children they serve.
Pros
The program is great and the children were fantastic to work with.
Cons
no breaks, pay is not as good as promised, communication and direction is not given

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CENTRIA HEALTHCARE. Our community is ready to answer.