CENTRIA HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Loved The Work The Upper Management is horrid
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 18, 2018
This company is not honest or upfront. When hired they give very little direction, nothing seems to work quite right. I put all of my time and energy into this job, working from home, I was 40 min early for a client on multiple occasions without pay. They let me go without warning, for things they failed to communicate. Office is in Novi, so working in grand Rapids I never once saw the higher ups. they have no idea whats going on and treat Techs like they are worthless, often replacing them quickly. It is not fair to the children they serve.
Pros
The program is great and the children were fantastic to work with.
Cons
no breaks, pay is not as good as promised, communication and direction is not given
Do not work in Austin location
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 3, 2018
They hired me and I stayed on their payroll for 2 years without ever getting a single hour of work. Luckily, I never quit my job bc I would have never got hours anyways. Big waste of time.
Pros
Cons
No work
Dedicated to excellence
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 2, 2018
A typical day at work would entail providing ABA services to my client's in an ethical and respectful manner. My BCBA has weekly visits that help me grow and learn to become an experienced BCBA.
Pros
working with children
Cons
short breaks
Centria does go a long way to do the right thing by clients and employees
Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 30, 2018
There is always room for improvement, but my sense is, even after 2 years, that Centria genuinely wants to improve the lives of children who have ASD and their families.
Very new company in Oregon
Certified Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJune 21, 2018
I was thrilled to begin work here, but after two months, I am still unable to secure a steady work schedule. I enjoy working remotely. The company lacks solid procedures and many employees do their own thing.
Pros
Work remotely
Cons
No steady work schedule
Centria Health Care
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 12, 2018
Centria was the first company I worked for as a new LPN, I learned so many skills from my clients' parents and established professional relationships. I would recommend Centria to my fellow nursing peers.
No guaranteed work hours
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Truth or Consequences, NMJune 12, 2018
Travel and decreased work hours made it difficult to support a family. Hours were decreased without an explanation. Decreased hours and travel time reduced hourly rate by $8 an hour and was not beneficial to travel time.
Flexible, enjoyable, pro-employee
Behavior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 11, 2018
I have enjoyed my time working with Centria. My schedule is flexible. The work I do is enjoyable as is the company environment. They work for their employees ensuring continuing education is readily available to their clinicians.
Pros
benefits package, pay, work environment.
Cons
has grown very fast so some glitches
Poor environment and high in nepotism
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 5, 2018
In order to be promoted you need to be related to someone there. They do not pay equally and they take bonuses back all the time by changing numbers the last minute.
No one actually cares
Finance (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJune 1, 2018
Its a decent job at first, until you realize they hand out raises like candy to the techs to keep them on their cases. Meanwhile if you work internal, every single department in rev cycle is under paid compared to the market, billing, cash posting, AR, payroll, accounting....all underpaid. you MIGHT get a raise after a year, but no more than 50 cents. Field staff is paid fair rates for their degrees but internal is horrible. PTO days dont match what other employers are offering these days. Managers in rev cycle are all rude and play 100% favoritism, even towards their supervisors under them. If they showed more compassion towards everyone, paid maybe 2-3 dollars more an hour to be competitive with other rev cycle departments and offered maybe like 5 more PTO days maybe they would keep more people. The turnover rate for internal is huge for this reason.
Pros
Company lunch twice a month, better systems were coming in play
Cons
Bad pay, poor management, low vacation time.
The benefits are awful
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Farming Hills, MIMay 20, 2018
Your satisfaction will depend on the family you are paired with, your immediate supervisor and your client service manager. I was able to get a great supervisor with one family and not so good of a supervisor with another family. Sometimes families can be very unrealistic and make your job miserable. It's not easy to switch families. The benefits are terrible, especially the insurance with a 5k deductible before anything is paid and the monthly cost to the employee is very high. Who has 5K up front? :(
If you have a bachelors and not a masters degree the pay is pretty low. Fortunately, I have a masters degree.
Pros
Work one on one with your child and family
Cons
You never know what type of family you will be paired up with.
One-on-One
ABA Technician (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 15, 2018
Relaxing environments are a great expectation. That's what you get, one-on-ones and a chance to make a difference in a child,s life and families future.
Not great
HR (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 14, 2018
Centria needs to do a lot of improving before they really become as successful as they want to be.
They over work and under pay their employees and it is unacceptable.
I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Poor quality all around
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 26, 2018
Centria will hire anyone and accept anyone for services. This means the therapists get an awful online training that does not prepare you at all. You have to learn as you go. This also means that they will accept any family. I have been in a very unsafe situation when I asked to be removed and another situation where the house looks like an episode of hoarders. This is not quality. Taking in whoever, whenever, wherever does not make a quality company. Because Centria is newer to Oregon and I was one of the first ones to start, they started pay at $15/hr. Which for being an ABA therapist and actually doing your job well is poor. I had a great BCBA put in a request for a raise because I can’t ask management and it still hasn’t been approved almost 2 months later! And this is awful because you get paid weekly. This is very frustrating when they tell me I’m one of the best ABA therapist in this state and I’m getting $3 above minimum wage, waiting on a raise. You do not get benefits until after 90 days of working 30+ hours a week. I was working 40 scheduled hours and then a snowstorm hit and threw my average off so I had to start all over! The benefits are just medical, you don’t get paid time off until 120 days of 30+ hours a week. And again, if a child cancels for a week you’re back to square one and it’s not even your fault. They should be basing it off f SCHEDULED hours but they want to keep as much money as possible. This is poor quality on the workers end. Communication is hard because of a strict no cell phone policy, but this makes it hard for you to keep in contact with  more... BCBAs and management for questions unless you’re doing it on your own time. Hours can be all over the place and homes can be all over the place. If you have 2 clients and have to drive they will compensate 1/3 of gas that you have to go on a computer and log weekly. I have this arrangement and it comes out to about $5 a month for a lot of extra time and effort. If you are looking for a full tome job do not go with Centria, your hours are not guaranteed, and there is no paid sick leave or time off. This is a low quality company that doesn’t value employees.  less
Cons
Poor quality, no time off, no guaranteed hours
Good Money Not So Good Everything Else
Senior Applied Behavior Analysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIApril 23, 2018
Good hourly wage ($13-$23) depending on education and experience level. Clients are good but can cancel often without penalty and you don't get paid for those cancellations. Benefit set up is a joke, Must maintain "full time" status, but it's impossible with all of the cancellations. CSMs pressure you to make up time for their utilization bonuses. CSMs can also be rude and condescending. Some BC's and BCBAs are amazing and some are so out of touch, under trained and just have no idea what they are doing. Centria hires alot of teachers as BC's but teaching is totally different than ABA and it can be hard for them to readjust. Oh and no breaks unless you are driving between cases. There is also no pay for drive time and mileage pay sucks!
Pros
Wage, Coworkers
Cons
No breaks, Not paid for drive time, inconsistent hours
Home care
Homecare Nurse (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIApril 22, 2018
A 12hr shift with one patient assisting with ADL's and nursing notating throughout the day taking patient to scheduled appointments as well as taking patient on private outings. hardest part of job was loading the travel van and the most enjoyable part of the job was walking patient through local area.
Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIApril 1, 2018
You have to enjoy working with children on the spectrum to fully appreciate this job. Great place to work. Good communication with supervisors. Pay is OK. Plus you get to make a difference in children's life.
Pros
Flexable Schedule
Cons
No room for advancement within the company.
great home care company
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Niles, MIMarch 31, 2018
good company
good management
good training opportunities
work whatever schedule I want for as many hours as I want
always looking for quality staff
overall not bad
Titles do not matter when it comes to pay rate
Practical Nurse unlicensed (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 31, 2018
I started working this job and I put in to be a full time worker.The case manager at the time hired in someone else and gave them all the hours and put me only on the weekend.I spoke with company and stated I believed it was unfair and that each person should have the same amount of hours due to the client and case load yet nothing changed.The company don't like to give out overtime so they do whatever is necessary for you not to get as many hours although your a full time employee.Favoritism is something this company does do.If you are in a home longer than the new employees you are given more opportunity even if your title is under someone else title.I believe this company is unfair ,do not have paid vacations and has no room for growth opportunities.
Pros
May have down time on night shift
Cons
No set break times for 24 hour clients, no raises
Important work for very nice people
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 22, 2018
This can be a job you love that is also hard to do, all at the same time. It can be tough as the hours are based on when the kids are available - like evenings and weekends (after school). You also must make up any time missed. However you can have a profound effect of improving the lives of the children you work with, which is an amazing opportunity. The support staff work hard to help you be the best tech possible. They include paid training and weekly assistance from your supervisor.
Pros
Great rewards for helping kids. Awesome people to work with and for. Pay is decent.
Cons
No vacation or sick time. some parents are jerks. Work evenings, weekends - most times.