CENTRIA HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews

Terribly managed
Technician (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIFebruary 8, 2019
The company does not support their techs when conflicts arise with families and that is not a good thing when you are working in-home. Constant ongoing issues with technology. Trainings do not align with job objectives.
Pros
Great Pay-IF you get paid
Cons
You have to document everything in order to get paid even for trainings
Amazing mission-driven company
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 6, 2019
Centria Healthcare really is an amazing company. I've never worked for a company in my life with such a clear mission and vision - and I've never worked for a company in my life where that mission was to actually serve people. The company helps children with autism reach their full potential through ABA therapy, and it's made very clear through weekly CEO webinars and bi-weekly company lunches that everything the company does is in service of their mission!

I leave everyday reminded that I'm making a difference in the life of a child with autism, and that feels good.
Pros
Mission-drive, WEEKLY paychecks, Amazing office space with ping pong, pool and fooseball. Bi-weekly free company lunches. Transparency in leadership.
Cons
Con that isn't really a con - company is growing with endless opportunity
I was never paid
RBT Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 5, 2019
They lie about paying you for a 40 hour training, and that all other training would be paid for as well. However, I was never paid any of the 40+ hours of training at all. I called their number, and no one ever answered the phone. What legitimate company never answers their phone? The Onboarding Manager never replied to my emails either. Do NOT apply to this company! Centria Healthcare appears to be a fraudulent/scam company.
Cons
No pay, Poor Onboarding Management
February 6, 2019

Thank you for the review and your feedback. I'm sorry to hear about your experience, which is not the normal onboarding experience here at Centria.

Our recruiters and onboarding team are very upfront and transparent that the required onboarding training that is provided is free of charge, worth over $300, but is unpaid.

Centria is dedicated to the ongoing development of our team members as well and provide free ongoing training modules. If this training is completed on time, in conjunction with performance metrics, Behavior Technicians receive a raise every 6 months.

We would love to speak with you about your experience, please give us a call at 877-299-1655.

The most enjoyable part of the job
BEHAVIOR CONSULTANT TRAINEE/BEHAVIOR CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Novi, MI 48375January 16, 2019
I have never loved a job so much in my life. What I enjoy most is seeing my clients have a break through on what a lot of individuals think are simple. Such as tying a shoe, to watch a client who has mastered something that they have worked so hard on is the most enjoyable part of my job here with Centria.
January 17, 2019

Thank you for the positive review! Our Behavior Technicians and Consultants are truly changing the lives of children with autism. Thank you for your hard work and we wish you the best in the future!

The Worst ABA Center in Michigan !
Behavior Therapist Student (Former Employee) –  Novi, MI 48375December 30, 2018
This company clearly see's Autism as a means to make a lot of money. They use their staff to achieve the overall goal of making money. They did not concern themselves with staff and client fit. They are a group of people who should continue to be investigated. I totally get why they are loosing contracts with the county. I wait for the next News listing where Wayne county wakes up and realizes they too need to pull their contract as well. Talk to any student, CM, or Behavior Tech and they will tell you horror stories about their business model. I am ashamed of this company and have not decided yet if I should join all the others who have filed law suits against Centria Healthcare practices. Warning ! Stay Away and Google Centria's investigations...
Pros
working with the kiddos and their families
Cons
no medical for some, scam, dishonest, greed, and over worked
January 17, 2019

Thank you for your review and your feedback. We are disheartened to read your words, and wholeheartedly disagree with the opinion shared in the review.

Centria Healthcare's mission is to help as many children living with autism to develop, pursue, and achieve their own goals and dreams through high-quality ABA therapy and support.

Everything we do as a company is rooted in that mission.

Depends on the area you work
Senior Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Saginaw County, MIDecember 16, 2018
Some counties that the company is in has very good managers to work for. Unfortunately that is not the case everywhere. For instance, Saginaw county centers are a very toxic place to work for. Many of the technicians try to get involved in firing people and gossip about everyone. In home is much better because you have the support of the family and the team that works with the kiddo without all the extra drama.
January 17, 2019

Thank you for your review and your feedback, which is very important to us. We appreciate your hard work for our clients, and for the life changing therapy you are providing children with autism.

Payroll rarely gets your paycheck right, it's always missing time you worked. They also bill clients for time not worked. No training or advancement
Pediatric Home Nurse (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIDecember 13, 2018
Don't work here. Negative work environment. They don't take care of their field staff or clients. Poor communication between office staff and field staff and clients. Shady payroll and billing department.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Everything else.
January 17, 2019

Thank you for the review and your feedback. While we disagree with your opinion in the review, your feedback is very important to us.

We have transitioned onto an all-digital timesheet platform for all our nurses. This eliminates the need to rely on paper documents being submitted on time.

Appreciated Team Management
Pediatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIDecember 13, 2018
Favourable place to work, people are cordial. We use to get health care benefits, work life is balanced and work hours is flexible. Got to learn a lot!
Pros
Good part-time income
Cons
Not found any
January 17, 2019

Thank you for the positive review! Our mission is to put our clients' needs at the center of everything we do, and we thank you for the hard work and world-class care you provide everyday!

love the field, not the company
Lead Behavioral Technician (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 29, 2018
i had a lot of issues with communication between HQ. There wasn't much effort made to make in home therapists feel like part of the company. its very hard to make full time unless you work nights and weekends.
January 17, 2019

Thank you for the review, we take your feedback very seriously. Communication is vital to the success of our clients and it's disheartening to hear you did not feel part of the team.

We have instituted a new program aimed at improving communication between the therapy team, and we believe this will help open the door to even more transparency and better communication between the entire team.

We wish you the best of luck in your future.

Not a great place to work at
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 28, 2018
Low pay, no benefits, no retirement plans, no health insurance and no vacation pay. Payroll will always mess up your payroll or even pay you less per hours. When I told them, they just denied paying me the back pay. The company is very disorganized and never keeps track of whom is working or not. They will call you day or night to take new shifts even if you are at work for that day.
Pros
work as many hours as you can
Cons
low pay, no benefits
Working with kids is fun.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 8, 2018
Would get to work with kids that have autism. Definitely a new experience and one that can help you grow. Hardest part is that kids can be stubborn and some won't make as quick progress as you would hope.
Pros
New learning experience
Cons
Not enough work hours
productive but stressful working environment
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 4, 2018
Opportunity to make a difference. However, it can be stressful at time. There is always collaboration from co-workers. This makes a typical work day manageable.
Fun but stressful
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 2, 2018
I love my job. I love helping kids but working there is not enough. I get 10 hr a week and that’s not enough to live on. I’ve asked for more kiddos but I still have yet to get any. I also was out of work for 3 months because a case ended. And now I’m struggling to get caught back up because of how little hours I get. It also doesn’t help that my kiddo has really bad seizures and most of the time I don’t even get a full 10 hours a week because of this. It’s making me fall behind on bills.
Pros
Get to work with kiddos. It’s my dream job.
Cons
3 months no case and fell behind on bills. Now I only get 10 hours a week.
Working for Centria
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 1, 2018
Working for Centria was not always a walk in the park. Some days I would have patients that were fabulous and then some days I would have patients that were downright awful. I get that being a home health aid is not an easy job.
Loved my client, but the company only cares that you're making them money
Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 31, 2018
I've had 2 cases, both with somewhat normal kiddos. Loved my kids. But the company gives you a hard time if you have time off for any reason, even being sick. Instead of saying hope you or the client feel better they what you to make up hours a.s.a.p.. If you're not making money the company can't bill for therapy so they aren't making money and that's all they care about.
I've been with the company for over a year, my first client, the family decided to quit services, after months I finally got another client.
I also found out new untrained employees are starting out at $14 per hour. I don't make that much so asked to be brought up to that amount, and basically was told I have to be on a case for six months and my score card has to look good ( no missed time) in order to get a raise. That's not right!!
management and communication sucks
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MI and Saginaw, MISeptember 23, 2018
The lack of communication between the parents and the Client service managers is no existent. As a tech, I am looking for more cases and the CSM's don't seem to care. Other than that it is a good company to work for and I love my position.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
lack of communication
Lack of advancement and hours
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Wayne, MISeptember 17, 2018
If your looking to get into the ABA field, it's a great place to start. However, hours are extremely limited, and full time work is a far out dream you'll never achieve as a behavior technician.
ABA Therapy
ABA Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 13, 2018
I enjoyed working at Centria. My supervisor was attentive and knew lots about ABA. I only worked for the company for a summer and had one client. I left the company because most of the hours during the school year are evening and after school and that just didn't work for my schedule. The pay was great and a big perk to working for Centria. I loved doing hands on work with the client and would consider working for the company again if scheduling was more flexible for 1st shift and being able to go into the schools with the clients. Overall i learned a lot about individuals on the autism spectrum through extensive training, ABA, and experience with one-on-one care.
Just ask for more hours
Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MISeptember 6, 2018
I never had a problem getting work when I needed more hours. The families that I worked with were the best. I would recommend a high school level applicant apply for the RBT position. It is a rewarding job.
Structure of company needs help
Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oakland County, MISeptember 4, 2018
I love what I do, but I seem to be lost in the system. I have limited hours, but I feel like they don't even try to get me the work I need. It is a work in progress, but much more needs to be done for clients and nurses to be in good standing.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
too many hands in the pot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CENTRIA HEALTHCARE. Our community is ready to answer.