CENTRIA HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews in Novi, MI

No communication or organization skills
Senior ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 14, 2019
The communication was very poor within the company. I had many issues being paid on time or accurate amounts and they would get behind in compliance and put it on you last minute.
This place is Corrupt
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 3, 2019
I loved working there until they had the law suite against them then they start hiring a bunch of bullies to push people out to cut all loose ends to keep their corrupt behaviors under wraps. If you’re a disabled person who has to see a Dr. weekly they will make you feel so bad until you quit. This is no place for a disabled person even though the company works for disabled people. I felt free mentally once I left. I lost good pay but I was miserable and had been admitted while working there because I was bullied so bad by adults! I’ve learned about working at certain companies and what to look out for the next time. Even though the pay was nice, they put a lot of bad experiences of working in my memory. I never want to work for a company like them again.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, a lot of free food
Cons
Bullies, not a equal opportunity type company. You will be treated differently if you have a disability
Terribly managed
Technician (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIFebruary 8, 2019
The company does not support their techs when conflicts arise with families and that is not a good thing when you are working in-home. Constant ongoing issues with technology. Trainings do not align with job objectives.
Pros
Great Pay-IF you get paid
Cons
You have to document everything in order to get paid even for trainings
The most enjoyable part of the job
BEHAVIOR CONSULTANT TRAINEE/BEHAVIOR CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Novi, MI 48375January 16, 2019
I have never loved a job so much in my life. What I enjoy most is seeing my clients have a break through on what a lot of individuals think are simple. Such as tying a shoe, to watch a client who has mastered something that they have worked so hard on is the most enjoyable part of my job here with Centria.
January 17, 2019

Thank you for the positive review! Our Behavior Technicians and Consultants are truly changing the lives of children with autism. Thank you for your hard work and we wish you the best in the future!

The Worst ABA Center in Michigan !
Behavior Therapist Student (Former Employee) –  Novi, MI 48375December 30, 2018
This company clearly see's Autism as a means to make a lot of money. They use their staff to achieve the overall goal of making money. They did not concern themselves with staff and client fit. They are a group of people who should continue to be investigated. I totally get why they are loosing contracts with the county. I wait for the next News listing where Wayne county wakes up and realizes they too need to pull their contract as well. Talk to any student, CM, or Behavior Tech and they will tell you horror stories about their business model. I am ashamed of this company and have not decided yet if I should join all the others who have filed law suits against Centria Healthcare practices. Warning ! Stay Away and Google Centria's investigations...
Pros
working with the kiddos and their families
Cons
no medical for some, scam, dishonest, greed, and over worked
January 17, 2019

Thank you for your review and your feedback. We are disheartened to read your words, and wholeheartedly disagree with the opinion shared in the review.

Centria Healthcare's mission is to help as many children living with autism to develop, pursue, and achieve their own goals and dreams through high-quality ABA therapy and support.

Everything we do as a company is rooted in that mission.

Payroll rarely gets your paycheck right, it's always missing time you worked. They also bill clients for time not worked. No training or advancement
Pediatric Home Nurse (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIDecember 13, 2018
Don't work here. Negative work environment. They don't take care of their field staff or clients. Poor communication between office staff and field staff and clients. Shady payroll and billing department.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Everything else.
January 17, 2019

Thank you for the review and your feedback. While we disagree with your opinion in the review, your feedback is very important to us.

We have transitioned onto an all-digital timesheet platform for all our nurses. This eliminates the need to rely on paper documents being submitted on time.

Appreciated Team Management
Pediatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIDecember 13, 2018
Favourable place to work, people are cordial. We use to get health care benefits, work life is balanced and work hours is flexible. Got to learn a lot!
Pros
Good part-time income
Cons
Not found any
January 17, 2019

Thank you for the positive review! Our mission is to put our clients' needs at the center of everything we do, and we thank you for the hard work and world-class care you provide everyday!

love the field, not the company
Lead Behavioral Technician (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 29, 2018
i had a lot of issues with communication between HQ. There wasn't much effort made to make in home therapists feel like part of the company. its very hard to make full time unless you work nights and weekends.
January 17, 2019

Thank you for the review, we take your feedback very seriously. Communication is vital to the success of our clients and it's disheartening to hear you did not feel part of the team.

We have instituted a new program aimed at improving communication between the therapy team, and we believe this will help open the door to even more transparency and better communication between the entire team.

We wish you the best of luck in your future.

Not a great place to work at
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 28, 2018
Low pay, no benefits, no retirement plans, no health insurance and no vacation pay. Payroll will always mess up your payroll or even pay you less per hours. When I told them, they just denied paying me the back pay. The company is very disorganized and never keeps track of whom is working or not. They will call you day or night to take new shifts even if you are at work for that day.
Pros
work as many hours as you can
Cons
low pay, no benefits
Working with kids is fun.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 8, 2018
Would get to work with kids that have autism. Definitely a new experience and one that can help you grow. Hardest part is that kids can be stubborn and some won't make as quick progress as you would hope.
Pros
New learning experience
Cons
Not enough work hours
productive but stressful working environment
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 4, 2018
Opportunity to make a difference. However, it can be stressful at time. There is always collaboration from co-workers. This makes a typical work day manageable.
Fun but stressful
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 2, 2018
I love my job. I love helping kids but working there is not enough. I get 10 hr a week and that’s not enough to live on. I’ve asked for more kiddos but I still have yet to get any. I also was out of work for 3 months because a case ended. And now I’m struggling to get caught back up because of how little hours I get. It also doesn’t help that my kiddo has really bad seizures and most of the time I don’t even get a full 10 hours a week because of this. It’s making me fall behind on bills.
Pros
Get to work with kiddos. It’s my dream job.
Cons
3 months no case and fell behind on bills. Now I only get 10 hours a week.
Working for Centria
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 1, 2018
Working for Centria was not always a walk in the park. Some days I would have patients that were fabulous and then some days I would have patients that were downright awful. I get that being a home health aid is not an easy job.
Fast Paced
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Novi, MISeptember 2, 2018
Fast paced, long hours, but good mission. Still working through bumps and hurdles. Lacks structure. Younger culture, college kids. Wave of good an bad.
Good if you're looking for side work
ABA THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 31, 2018
I loved it, but after too may scheduling conflicts had to look elsewhere. If you have a non-compliance issue, good luck getting it resolved. The schedule can change suddenly.Also hard to get to full time.
Pros
Flexible, understanding of weather delays
Perfect if you are single and have no life
Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT) (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 9, 2018
I am not recommending this job for ANY ONE with a family. It takes time away from what matters most- which should be the ones you live with.I should not be working with people that I see more than my own family.

There's too much work as an RBT if you want to do it right- as in, I don't get paid enough for all the work I do for clients OUTSIDE of work hours. This is definitely a job where you can't "leave work at work and home at home" if you have a family.

The hardest part: having to work with incompetent management and co workers

The most enjoyable part: seeing the client's face light up when they see you, or when they accomplish tasks and smile- knowing they did it and are proud of themselves :)
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor professionalism, poor communication, poor management
Not consistent
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 30, 2018
Don't rely on this as your only source of income because cases can stop anytime. You can walk into a session and find out there is no longer a contract with them and your therapy is over....with no warning.
Summary
HR Compliance Intern (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 24, 2018
I love it here as an intern! The people are very nice and welcome me with open arms. I help out a lot and the employees really appreciate my help. Good place to intern.
Good Entry Level Job in the Field
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 22, 2018
Working as a behavior therapist is a great first job to have for those who are interested in pursuing a career working with individuals (especially children) with autism. I would especially recommend it for college students as the hours typically are in the afternoon/evening and weekends. You learn a lot on the job from having some supervision but you also have to be independently motivated and creative to work by yourself.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Difficult to become Full-time
nice
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 11, 2018
still work at centria haven’t worked as a nurse with the company yet only a certified nursing assistant but hopefully i’ll find a nice case as nurse over all they’re pretty flexible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CENTRIA HEALTHCARE. Our community is ready to answer.