CENTRIA HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews in Novi, MI

Not a great place to work at
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 28, 2018
Low pay, no benefits, no retirement plans, no health insurance and no vacation pay. Payroll will always mess up your payroll or even pay you less per hours. When I told them, they just denied paying me the back pay. The company is very disorganized and never keeps track of whom is working or not. They will call you day or night to take new shifts even if you are at work for that day.
Pros
work as many hours as you can
Cons
low pay, no benefits
Appreciated Team Management
Pediatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIDecember 13, 2018
Favourable place to work, people are cordial. We use to get health care benefits, work life is balanced and work hours is flexible. Got to learn a lot!
Pros
Good part-time income
Cons
Not found any
Titles do not matter when it comes to pay rate
Practical Nurse unlicensed (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 31, 2018
I started working this job and I put in to be a full time worker.The case manager at the time hired in someone else and gave them all the hours and put me only on the weekend.I spoke with company and stated I believed it was unfair and that each person should have the same amount of hours due to the client and case load yet nothing changed.The company don't like to give out overtime so they do whatever is necessary for you not to get as many hours although your a full time employee.Favoritism is something this company does do.If you are in a home longer than the new employees you are given more opportunity even if your title is under someone else title.I believe this company is unfair ,do not have paid vacations and has no room for growth opportunities.
Pros
May have down time on night shift
Cons
No set break times for 24 hour clients, no raises
Flexible, enjoyable, pro-employee
Behavior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 11, 2018
I have enjoyed my time working with Centria. My schedule is flexible. The work I do is enjoyable as is the company environment. They work for their employees ensuring continuing education is readily available to their clinicians.
Pros
benefits package, pay, work environment.
Cons
has grown very fast so some glitches
Lack of advancement
ABA Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJanuary 31, 2018
This company states that you are trained by a BCBA your not, you are working with a Behavior Consultant. If your trying to advance from a ABA tech with a Master Degree to a BCBA from another its Impossible because you did not attend the college the company wants you to go to. When I interview with this company and told them I was pursuing my Master in Behavioral Analysis they made it seem like it would be easy for me to transition. So if your looking for advancement THIS IS NOT THE COMPANY for YOU.
Pros
compensation
Cons
Lack of advancement
The RN part of the program allows a variety of cases. You are never boarded. Bond with clients and families.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 19, 2018
They offer great compensation ation for the ABA part of the program. (Autism Behavioral Analysts).

The RN part of the program needs much improvement in benefits, wages. Sick day and vacation time needs to be added.

However, they are the nicest people you could ever hope to work for!💕😊💕
Pros
Great administration! Nice people. Very supportive!
Cons
No benefit package.
Perfect if you are single and have no life
Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT) (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 9, 2018
I am not recommending this job for ANY ONE with a family. It takes time away from what matters most- which should be the ones you live with.I should not be working with people that I see more than my own family.

There's too much work as an RBT if you want to do it right- as in, I don't get paid enough for all the work I do for clients OUTSIDE of work hours. This is definitely a job where you can't "leave work at work and home at home" if you have a family.

The hardest part: having to work with incompetent management and co workers

The most enjoyable part: seeing the client's face light up when they see you, or when they accomplish tasks and smile- knowing they did it and are proud of themselves :)
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor professionalism, poor communication, poor management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIFebruary 23, 2018
The management is pretty understandable about day to day life. They will even give you a gas card if you need one for a far away job. Even though they don't have benefits they still are understandable and everything I said above.
Pros
Job security and management
Benefits
Fun but stressful
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 2, 2018
I love my job. I love helping kids but working there is not enough. I get 10 hr a week and that’s not enough to live on. I’ve asked for more kiddos but I still have yet to get any. I also was out of work for 3 months because a case ended. And now I’m struggling to get caught back up because of how little hours I get. It also doesn’t help that my kiddo has really bad seizures and most of the time I don’t even get a full 10 hours a week because of this. It’s making me fall behind on bills.
Pros
Get to work with kiddos. It’s my dream job.
Cons
3 months no case and fell behind on bills. Now I only get 10 hours a week.
Good Entry Level Job in the Field
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 22, 2018
Working as a behavior therapist is a great first job to have for those who are interested in pursuing a career working with individuals (especially children) with autism. I would especially recommend it for college students as the hours typically are in the afternoon/evening and weekends. You learn a lot on the job from having some supervision but you also have to be independently motivated and creative to work by yourself.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Difficult to become Full-time
Centria is a good company to work for.
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Novi, MISeptember 12, 2017
A typical day is inclusive of direct supervision of behavioral treatment plans as well as maintaining previous learned ones. I have learned and am constantly learning that kiddos are individuals, thus their plans are tailored for their specific needs. Management has a great responsibility for ensuring that the technicians have the correct tools to provide the necessary treatment plans. A good work culture involves peers that are willing and able to assist each other with difficult cases or just questions in general. I think the most challenging part of this job is when it seems that the kiddo is not progressing; and the most enjoyable part is to see how they have progressed.
Pros
Excellent compensation
Cons
short breaks
Poor
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJanuary 7, 2018
The powers-that-be at centria focus on the well-being of the staff office as opposed to the well-being of first the patient and second the nurse. If you pay attention you feel the tension of the underlying racism that's projected toward mainly the financially challenged as well as their Inner City clients.
Pros
Lots of availability
Cons
Low wages, unprofessional staff, minimal benefits, lack of compassion
Fast Paced
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Novi, MISeptember 2, 2018
Fast paced, long hours, but good mission. Still working through bumps and hurdles. Lacks structure. Younger culture, college kids. Wave of good an bad.
Good Money Not So Good Everything Else
Senior Applied Behavior Analysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIApril 23, 2018
Good hourly wage ($13-$23) depending on education and experience level. Clients are good but can cancel often without penalty and you don't get paid for those cancellations. Benefit set up is a joke, Must maintain "full time" status, but it's impossible with all of the cancellations. CSMs pressure you to make up time for their utilization bonuses. CSMs can also be rude and condescending. Some BC's and BCBAs are amazing and some are so out of touch, under trained and just have no idea what they are doing. Centria hires alot of teachers as BC's but teaching is totally different than ABA and it can be hard for them to readjust. Oh and no breaks unless you are driving between cases. There is also no pay for drive time and mileage pay sucks!
Pros
Wage, Coworkers
Cons
No breaks, Not paid for drive time, inconsistent hours
good bye social life hello money
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIFebruary 16, 2018
long 12 hr shifts

can work a case and not be paid the same as someone else with no experience

very competitive you have to negotiate your worth

you are given second and third chances if you are a good worker

pays better than a home

gaps in schedule your relief isn't guaranteed
Pros
long hours, better pay
Cons
unfair pay, bad sceduling
This is a fast-paced, growing company that emphasizes productivity.
Behavior Analyst/ABA Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIOctober 15, 2017
Centria is a large and fast-growing company. Opportunities exist for advancement, and the emphasis is on productivity: behavior analysts are provided bonuses based on hours billed.
Pros
Company car, phone, computer, healthcare benefits
Cons
Large size of the organization
love the field, not the company
Lead Behavioral Technician (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 29, 2018
i had a lot of issues with communication between HQ. There wasn't much effort made to make in home therapists feel like part of the company. its very hard to make full time unless you work nights and weekends.
Good intentions but lots of disorganization
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 1, 2017
The work I did with the clients was awesome! It was beautiful to see the children grow, and defy obstacles. The families were all so sweet! However Centria as an overall employer was not the best.
I worked for Centria for almost a year. It took 2 months after getting hired to get a client. Had a client cancel 2 days of therapy, so two days of pay were lost after being promised five days pay. Due to the company expanding too quickly, lots of miscommunication between the office and field workers. Lots of payroll mistakes, and they would make up new policies and not inform employees of them. Completely disorganized company with a very high turn over rate. After several months they weren't getting more clients and left lots of technicians without work. Pay was awesome but with no benefits. The best part of working for them was the children and families.
Pros
Making a difference in children's lives.
Cons
No benefits, unstable hours, disorganized company overall.
Working for Centria
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 1, 2018
Working for Centria was not always a walk in the park. Some days I would have patients that were fabulous and then some days I would have patients that were downright awful. I get that being a home health aid is not an easy job.
Good if you're looking for side work
ABA THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 31, 2018
I loved it, but after too may scheduling conflicts had to look elsewhere. If you have a non-compliance issue, good luck getting it resolved. The schedule can change suddenly.Also hard to get to full time.
Pros
Flexible, understanding of weather delays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CENTRIA HEALTHCARE. Our community is ready to answer.