Centric Business Systems Employee Reviews

great environment and good benifits
Copier / Printer technician (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 4, 2018
Great company for beginners in the printer/copier business. company offers the proper training and courses to get you on board quick. I enjoyed added a new skill to my technical background.
Pros
learning a new skill
Cons
co-workers
If you work in warehouse they don’t care about you
Parts Associate (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDNovember 19, 2017
My manager was an a hole. Most all the time he displayed not nice behavior. He was very condescending and unwilling to acknowledge his own mistakes. If you are hired you will see exactly who I’m referrig to right away. Other than the ray of sunshine I’ve describe everybody else was quite pleasent. The work is not difficult.
Pros
The owner is marvelous and treats the staff accordingly
Cons
there are a few pricks in managerial positions
Fast paced and competitive environment
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDOctober 17, 2017
Centric is a great company that invests a lot of time and effort into their employees. While sales can be difficult, they walk you step-by-step through the process to ensure your success.
Great salary base. Poor management
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDOctober 15, 2017
Micromanaged everything. almost seems like some supervisors were on a power trip. Compensation and benefits were actually slightly higher than the industry standard.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
management
Just another sales gig
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VASeptember 18, 2017
Come to realize that I do not want to pursue sales and hold a position more relevant to my college major. A lot of confusion off the get go with my management and used it as a stepping stone to get back into the DC job market. Lost interest quickly, the job is not something I can see myself doing down the road in the long run.
Sales Rep
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 11, 2017
The managers and other sales reps are absolutely wonderful! This job is by no means easy or a job that you can skate by at. The work life balance is very hard and takes time, but if sales is the world that you want to be in, this role will allow you to advance and make a lot of money quickly.
Dead-End Job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 6, 2017
If you'are seeking a career, don't waste your time. No room for growth at all. I was blessed with the opportunity to start my own business. I respectfully issue a 2-week notice. And they paid me not to return to work for the remaining 2 weeks. Very classless.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
No advancement
Pompous and Unprofessional
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDApril 25, 2017
Old boys club mentality! They want you to go away for training for 6-8 weeks for 45k and expect anyone (especially with a family) to be able to do this. Of course you can't even sign up for their junky healthcare to after 3months. They truly are behind the times and need to understand current professional environments. Who needs 8 weeks at home office living in a hotel to learn about copiers?
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, rude managers
Eh
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 24, 2017
Offer base salary of 45k to start. No room for negotiation even though the first person I spoke with stated differently. I was told that you start at 45k regardless of experience once I spoke with the VP who was a little pompous.
Interesting dynamic
customer care/admin (Former Employee) –  Owings mills, MDSeptember 16, 2015
ISSUES:
Management is not good at communicating with staff or interacting.
There is an astronomical amount of work given to individual employees and a lot of it is to clean up behind sales staff.
Positions are sparse.
Company is sales driven and sales focused.
Management mostly consists of owner's golf buddies and quite a few are inadequate at managing.
There is not a lot of teamwork.
Not a lot of pleasant people.
Pay outside of sales not really competitive.

Pros:
Company is on a constant growth pattern.
Job security is good in areas except sales.
Gym in building.
Open atmosphere in that managers are accessible but not too forthcoming regarding information.
Pros
Perks
Cons
A lot -see review
Good Company
Credit/Collections Administrator (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDAugust 5, 2015
My work day consist of analyzing data from the information collected, and come up with a solution to a problem.

Good Company
Pros
good customer service
Cons
Good place to learn how to sell
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 25, 2015
A very hard and competitive sales atmosphere. Sink or swim. They will give you the tools but it up to you to perform. If you are not hitting your activity levels you better have a good reason for it.
Great work atmosphere, great people, but not personally rewarding.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 15, 2015
Centric is a nice place to work with inspiring people. If you are motivated solely by money, this is the place for you. For me, I needed a deeper connection with my work environment, and I felt Centric could not provide that. You are given the freedom to make your own schedule which is nice. Organization and goal setting are integral to your success there. You do have the ability to grow with this company, which is why I joined it in the first place. You just need to believe in the end result.
Pros
Great Management, Great Mentors, Excellent Training
Cons
Work from home after hours, personally hard to find satisfaction, takes a while to start bringing in commission.
Outstanding company growth and potential
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJune 8, 2015
Centric is very centered around employee growth and training. They will give you the freedom to develop your business while providing you with the tools and resources needed to succeed.

The atmosphere is a positive, supportive one. Everyone is willing to stop and lend a hand if you ask. Managers are fair and will push you to achieve better.

It isn't an easy job however. The hardest part of this work is earn customer trust and maintain sales with the companies ambitious goals. It is also challenging to differentiate the company from others similar to it.

The sales environment is enjoyable yet stressful. Do your due diligence and be willing to work outside of hours. Great work environment and challenging.
Pros
Great support and leadership
Cons
Long hours and challenging work