Centric Business Systems Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 10, 2018
productive and fun workplace, every day was fun with all the people working there, they provide us every friday free meals.
The workplace was really nice.
Rapidly growing organization w/ passionate employees
Sales (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDAugust 8, 2018
Centric's people are what make the difference. Centric's culture fit hiring strategy has led to a family atmosphere.

In my experience, Sr. management has always been proactive in making sure employee satisfaction comes first and even has employee group sessions to pinpoint areas of improvement.

The company has grown from 4 offices to 7 in my 3 year tenure and top performers have benefited from the creation of more management openings.
Pros
Culture, Training/Development, Growth Opportunities, $$$
Cons
Competitive industry
Growing company with a great culture
Sales (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDAugust 8, 2018
Centric is a consistently growing company and a great place to work to build a career. If you work in sales, you have high expectations but also high reward. You have to be willing to put in the time and effort to be successful and Centric invests in the training to help you get there. My experience has been great, it is a very motivating and customer focused environment. The company has growing pains but constantly trying to improve.

The people are what make the company great!
Pros
Great culture, growing company, training
great environment and good benifits
Copier / Printer technician (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 4, 2018
Great company for beginners in the printer/copier business. company offers the proper training and courses to get you on board quick. I enjoyed added a new skill to my technical background.
Pros
learning a new skill
Cons
co-workers
If there is no other option...
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VANovember 16, 2017
I believe there is a different experience between working in Headquarters (baltimore) versus working within one of the other offices. Senior management sets high expectations for reps but do not have the proper middle managers in place to fully support sales staff. The managers who are able to properly support are also required to sell leaving little time for the development of the sales staff. The remaining management staff struggles themselves to be successful in achieving sales success, which prevents them from also having the capability to support their teams in achieving sales. Overall I would say my experience was ok. There is also a lot of turnover. My team lost 4 reps out of seven hired over the year I was there. Those remaining were recently hired. If no other options could be a good way to keep up skills while remaining on the hunt.
Pros
ok base, remote work
Cons
middle management
Fast paced and competitive environment
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDOctober 17, 2017
Centric is a great company that invests a lot of time and effort into their employees. While sales can be difficult, they walk you step-by-step through the process to ensure your success.
Great salary base. Poor management
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDOctober 15, 2017
Micromanaged everything. almost seems like some supervisors were on a power trip. Compensation and benefits were actually slightly higher than the industry standard.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
management
Good starting job
Office Clerk/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 24, 2017
I like the environment at first. I grew to have a routine and did my job with full force. I enjoyed what I did and I never complained. I did as much paperwork as I could. The manager on site didn't like educating and was vindictive. I feel I was targeted from the beginning to be fired right away. I will always be grateful for the opportunity and experience.
Pros
Good company easy job
Sales Rep
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 11, 2017
The managers and other sales reps are absolutely wonderful! This job is by no means easy or a job that you can skate by at. The work life balance is very hard and takes time, but if sales is the world that you want to be in, this role will allow you to advance and make a lot of money quickly.
Dead-End Job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 6, 2017
If you'are seeking a career, don't waste your time. No room for growth at all. I was blessed with the opportunity to start my own business. I respectfully issue a 2-week notice. And they paid me not to return to work for the remaining 2 weeks. Very classless.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
No advancement

Want to know more about Centric Business Systems?

Ask a question
Pompous and Unprofessional
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDApril 25, 2017
Old boys club mentality! They want you to go away for training for 6-8 weeks for 45k and expect anyone (especially with a family) to be able to do this. Of course you can't even sign up for their junky healthcare to after 3months. They truly are behind the times and need to understand current professional environments. Who needs 8 weeks at home office living in a hotel to learn about copiers?
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, rude managers
Eh
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 24, 2017
Offer base salary of 45k to start. No room for negotiation even though the first person I spoke with stated differently. I was told that you start at 45k regardless of experience once I spoke with the VP who was a little pompous.
Your typical entry level sales job
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAOctober 3, 2016
Great training program. You leave a month long classroom style training program ready to tackle the world but then you get to your home office, and everything changes. You are micro-managed to put up ludicrous sales activity and the managers in place (depending on what office, some managers are great) are also trying to meet their own sales goals, which means the team suffers and development of new talent is non-existent. There is a huge breakdown from the corporate HQ to satellite locations, and it's obvious that Centric branched out just a tad too quickly. The local presence in MD helps generate sales but in PA, there are too many issues with customer service and management to make this an ideal position. If you can take the good foundation they build with organization and sales activity to your next career, you will succeed.
Pros
Great culture at HQ, decent benefits
Cons
long hours, poor local management
Professional/fair/good people
Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDAugust 25, 2016
Working for Centric was a very enjoyable and educational experience. I was given the freedom to set up my workday and pace of which I worked.I worked by myself most days and never missed a deadline.I was given all the support ,tools,and help I needed by my supervisor,service,and sales staff whenever it was needed.
Pros
Excellant work environment and staff
Cons
Trying to teach people who knew it all
Great people, Micro Management heavy
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDAugust 9, 2016
good entry level out of college job. Easy opportunity to make great money if you hit the ground running and have no intention of doing anything else with yourself.
Decent first job out of school
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 5, 2016
Typical day at work included a lot of micro managing
I learned a lot about general sales and how to interact with different kinds of people when selling as well as when they're your co-workers
The hardest part of the job was the constant micro managing of everything you did. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships I made with my co-workers
Freedom to develop sales skills
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDOctober 19, 2015
Able to work within territory to expand your market. Freedom to growth that market and expand it to increase profits, while working closely with management
Interesting dynamic
customer care/admin (Former Employee) –  Owings mills, MDSeptember 16, 2015
ISSUES:
Management is not good at communicating with staff or interacting.
There is an astronomical amount of work given to individual employees and a lot of it is to clean up behind sales staff.
Positions are sparse.
Company is sales driven and sales focused.
Management mostly consists of owner's golf buddies and quite a few are inadequate at managing.
There is not a lot of teamwork.
Not a lot of pleasant people.
Pay outside of sales not really competitive.

Pros:
Company is on a constant growth pattern.
Job security is good in areas except sales.
Gym in building.
Open atmosphere in that managers are accessible but not too forthcoming regarding information.
Pros
Perks
Cons
A lot -see review
Good Company
Credit/Collections Administrator (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDAugust 5, 2015
My work day consist of analyzing data from the information collected, and come up with a solution to a problem.

Good Company
Pros
good customer service
Cons
Good place to learn how to sell
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 25, 2015
A very hard and competitive sales atmosphere. Sink or swim. They will give you the tools but it up to you to perform. If you are not hitting your activity levels you better have a good reason for it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centric Business Systems. Our community is ready to answer.